today plugin to switch between WCDMA and gsm

Search This thread

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Hi.
My battery drains very quickly in my area (HSDPA). But if i force GSM then the battery lasts two or three days and i only need hsdpa 3 or 4 times by day, for example

20010-04-20 (V2.9)
1) The combo box that stores the model keeps the value when the program is restarted.
2) Fixed problems with owner names starting/ending with spaces.
3) other minor bugs
2009-11-27 (V2.8)
1) Compatibility with new Bluetooth Widcomm stack (HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Touch HD2, etc);
2) Compatibility to switch band with HTC Touch HD2
3) Compatibility to switch band with Toshiba TG01
4) switching is faster because now I dont turn radio off, just unregister and register from network. No need to enter automatically PIN code too.

2007-09-25 (V2.4.2)
Compatibility with Kaiser
Changes in 1.2.3:
Fix a bug in 1.2.1-1.2.1. Auto mode didnt work properly and switch delay action too.

Changes in V1.2.2 :
Some GSM operators intercepts http not found requests and redirects to help pages. It can cause unknown effects on bandswith who tries to look for the version number in the response stream.....

Changes in 1.2.1:

Buffer overrun bug in devices with very long radio manufacturer name (caused bandswitch fall).
Bandswith now detects if is running on WM5 or WM6 so now only switch twice if switching from GSM to UMTS band in WM6 devices. So now one only version for WM5 and WM6
Dual line support with two pin codes.
If the password(s) is/are incorrect the device will sound and vibrate and show Pin Page.
Pin enable user: remember to enter pin(s) again after reinstall.

Attachments

• pc_capture1.jpg
    pc_capture1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 11,106
  • BandSwitch.V2.8.CAB
    214.9 KB · Views: 4,253
  • BandSwitch.V2.9.CAB
    215.4 KB · Views: 5,282
Last edited:
Reactions: edmondy and kemeia

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
Hi.
My battery drains very quickly in my area (HSDPA). But if i force GSM then the battery lasts two or three days and i only need hsdpa 3 or 4 times by day, for example when i surf the web or read the news. And with gsm i can use real mail but with hsdpa the battery is empty in 5 or 6 hours. I am looking a tool to switch between gsm and hsdpa in today screen. I know that i can do it in phone/options/band but it's very boring. Can someone help me?. If now i will write a little program (today plugin) and i will post it.
Thanks

as far as i know nothing like this exists

doedoe

Oct 13, 2006
Cool Idea.

This is shouldnt be that difficult to achieve...

Use SetHSDPA.exe and link it to the Wireless Manager today plugin. Then everytime you tap the wireless plugin it then turns on/off the HSDPA functionality?

marsb007

Jun 18, 2006
1. google SKSchema... it's a program which will allow you to do this (it's not free, but i think the price is awesome for what you can do with it), and download it.

2. Download these scripts that someone else made...

3. Drop the scripts in the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\sScripts directory

4. Go to your phone's Settings, and choose Menu

5. Scroll down and select any of the new scripts (I am personally using the toggle script).

**alternatively, you can assign a button to it

***additionally, I use this program's Soft Reset feature to automatically soft reset my phone at 5 in the morning to make sure that when i get up in the morning the phone had a chance to reboot and has a fresh start...

hope this helps!

Attachments

• GSMscripts.zip
    714 bytes · Views: 1,404

wimpy

Dec 5, 2005
1. google SKSchema... it's a program which will allow you to do this (it's not free, but i think the price is awesome for what you can do with it), and download it.

2. Download these scripts that someone else made...

3. Drop the scripts in the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\sScripts directory

4. Go to your phone's Settings, and choose Menu

5. Scroll down and select any of the new scripts (I am personally using the toggle script).

**alternatively, you can assign a button to it

***additionally, I use this program's Soft Reset feature to automatically soft reset my phone at 5 in the morning to make sure that when i get up in the morning the phone had a chance to reboot and has a fresh start...

hope this helps!

Does this solution allow you to switch between 'U' and 'G' on the fly? Meaning it does not need to close one connection to achieve the other and vice-versa.

marsb007

Jun 18, 2006
as far as i can tell from the script it turns on flight mode, toggles between 3g/Edge, depending on which one you had originally when the script was run (by changing the registry settings), and then turning flight mode off...

your phone will search for signal as it normally would...

the whole process takes about 20-25 seconds.

Give skschema a try. They have a trial, so you can try before you get it if you decide to get it. There is also a Today plugin, although i've never used it, so i can't give any input as to how good it is.

Last edited:

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
in my experience with the phone, any time you change the band selection the phone goes into flight mode

dherrero

Dec 28, 2003
Madrid
The program is finished and working

Ok. The program is finished.
1) Put it in rom.
2) Create a shortcut and put it in \windows\startup directory.
3) Then you will see a circle icon at botton.
. White circle means Auto mode.
. Green circle means GPRS mode (2g).
. Red circle means UMTS/HSDPA mode(3g).

Tapping this icon a window is showed and you can click one of the next buttons:
auto: Sets auto mode.
GSM: Sets gsm mode.
UMTS: Sets 3g mode.
Close: closes the program.

Then the registry key \\SOFTWARE\\OEM\\UMTS\\OpMode is changed and the radio is reseted. And thats all.
Enjoy it...

Attachments

• pc_capture_auto.jpg
    pc_capture_auto.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 3,244
  • pc_capture_gsm.jpg
    pc_capture_gsm.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,170
  • pc_capture_umts.jpg
    pc_capture_umts.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,107
  • pc_capture_screen.jpg
    pc_capture_screen.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,817

Pita^Norf

Dec 4, 2006
Ok. The program is finished.
1) Put it in rom.
2) Create a shortcut and put it in \windows\startup directory.
3) Then you will see a circle icon at botton.
. White circle means Auto mode.
. Green circle means GPRS mode (2g).
. Red circle means UMTS/HSDPA mode(3g).

Tapping this icon a window is showed and you can click one of the next buttons:
auto: Sets auto mode.
GSM: Sets gsm mode.
UMTS: Sets 3g mode.
Close: closes the program.

Then the registry key \\SOFTWARE\\OEM\\UMTS\\OpMode is changed and the radio is reseted. And thats all.
Enjoy it...

Is the program supposed to be attached somewhere?

wimpy

Dec 5, 2005
in my experience with the phone, any time you change the band selection the phone goes into flight mode

That is not necessarily true. If you go into the Band tab to change the selection, it does not need to go into flight mode. It simply disconnects and reconnects with the new selection.

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
new option

Hi. I ve added a new option.
To avoid forget to switch back to gprs after use hsdpa, when you tap on UMTS appears a dialog about "limit time" with options:
no: No limit
1, 5, 30, 60, 120: After x minutes the system switch back to gprs.

Attachments

• pc_capture_limit.jpg
    pc_capture_limit.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 656
  • BandSwitch.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 474

tco

Sep 26, 2006
Chicago
Weekend App

Well done!!! Thanks...This app works great.

This is my weekend app. As soon as the weekend starts I put the phone into GSM mode only. Battery life is far better. I don't need UTMS on the weekends....when i do....2 clicks and I'm in UTMS...2 more and I'm back to GSM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.
    My battery drains very quickly in my area (HSDPA). But if i force GSM then the battery lasts two or three days and i only need hsdpa 3 or 4 times by day, for example

20010-04-20 (V2.9)
    1) The combo box that stores the model keeps the value when the program is restarted.
    2) Fixed problems with owner names starting/ending with spaces.
    3) other minor bugs
    2009-11-27 (V2.8)
    1) Compatibility with new Bluetooth Widcomm stack (HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Touch HD2, etc);
    2) Compatibility to switch band with HTC Touch HD2
    3) Compatibility to switch band with Toshiba TG01
    4) switching is faster because now I dont turn radio off, just unregister and register from network. No need to enter automatically PIN code too.

2007-09-25 (V2.4.2)
    Compatibility with Kaiser
    Changes in 1.2.3:
    Fix a bug in 1.2.1-1.2.1. Auto mode didnt work properly and switch delay action too.

Changes in V1.2.2 :
    Some GSM operators intercepts http not found requests and redirects to help pages. It can cause unknown effects on bandswith who tries to look for the version number in the response stream.....

Changes in 1.2.1:

Buffer overrun bug in devices with very long radio manufacturer name (caused bandswitch fall).
    Bandswith now detects if is running on WM5 or WM6 so now only switch twice if switching from GSM to UMTS band in WM6 devices. So now one only version for WM5 and WM6
    Dual line support with two pin codes.
    If the password(s) is/are incorrect the device will sound and vibrate and show Pin Page.
    Pin enable user: remember to enter pin(s) again after reinstall.
    I got weird problem

I've been using the 2.9 for 6 months without problem. But today it suddenly stop working and showing that bandswitch haven"t been activated. I've tried to uninstall ,reinstall and reactivate but no use. I've been using chucky rom on my hd2 for few months before without problem. Any solution?

Send me a email to herrero.daniel@gmail.com with your owner name
    Yes.
    Take a look to the first posts :)
    hi all! hi danielherrer!
    First, thank for your tool.
    and i want ask your source code section switch from gsm to wcdma.
    or can you tell me how to swicth from gsm to wcdma, which API in use?
    thank.
    ay
    Hi
    There isnt a public api to manage bands. Each device has its own way. Anyway I am going upload the source code ...