infinite boot loop after trying to recover stock rom

Search This thread

Dee024

Aug 24, 2012
Hello ppl im a "proud" owner of p990 :rolleyes:
After long suffering on stock rom 2.3.4 (biggest problem was ofc gps which would lock onto satelites almost never) i decided to try custom rom see if that would help.So i rooted the phone,instaled rom manager,made a backup of stock rom on to internal sdcard,downloaded cm7.2 stable and instaled with google aps 2.3 (deleted data and dalvik cache).First boot went well IGO menaged to lock pretty fast onto satelites (indoors) and that was about it...after shuting down phone and starting it again igo couldnt lock onto satelites(yes i did leave gps on when i rebooted phone),gps toolbox would help sometimes...but overall gps was still pretty much useless(even when gps menaged to get a lock it would lose it after a while).Dont get me wrong i like cm7 its pretty fast didnt find any bugs except randomly loosing mobile operator signal strenght.I decided to go back to stock rom because i gained nothing by switching to custom rom(lost tegra,gsm network signal strenght stability,gps still bad).Now the fun part starts:p I booted the phone into cm recovery deleted cache,data,dalvik and clicked restore which ofc was empty because cm recovery was showing my external sd card(and rom manager backed up my rom onto internal) thankfully i created a second backup by copying entire backup folder to pc so now i menaged to mount usb driver and copy backup from pc to external card so cm recovery could see it.It worked.I got message all is done and rebooted the phone.Got lg logo then black screen then lg logo black screen to infinity...i panicked for few sec then realised i still have cm recovery instaled so i downloaded cm 7.2 on pc transfered to ext sdcard and flashed again.Phone was alive again:victory:
Started folowing instructions on xda how to flash back to stock rom and got stuck on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1035041
because ofc Serbia(that where im from) is not on the list.So basicaly after this long post :p i have two short questions
1. Is it safe to flash with euro open BIN_LGP990AT-00-V20q-EUR-XX-JAN-24-2012-0 rom?
2.Is there anyway i can use the original stock rom backup i made?

Best regards,
Dee024

SREEPRAJAY

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 9, 2010
CITY OF PARKS
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
After long suffering on stock rom 2.3.4 (biggest problem was ofc gps which would lock onto satelites almost never) i decided to try custom rom see if that would help.So i rooted the phone,instaled rom manager,made a backup of stock rom on to internal sdcard,downloaded cm7.2 stable and instaled with google aps 2.3 (deleted data and dalvik cache).First boot went well IGO menaged to lock pretty fast onto satelites (indoors) and that was about it...after shuting down phone and starting it again igo couldnt lock onto satelites(yes i did leave gps on when i rebooted phone),gps toolbox would help sometimes...but overall gps was still pretty much useless(even when gps menaged to get a lock it would lose it after a while).Dont get me wrong i like cm7 its pretty fast didnt find any bugs except randomly loosing mobile operator signal strenght.I decided to go back to stock rom because i gained nothing by switching to custom rom(lost tegra,gsm network signal strenght stability,gps still bad).Now the fun part starts:p I booted the phone into cm recovery deleted cache,data,dalvik and clicked restore which ofc was empty because cm recovery was showing my external sd card(and rom manager backed up my rom onto internal) thankfully i created a second backup by copying entire backup folder to pc so now i menaged to mount usb driver and copy backup from pc to external card so cm recovery could see it.It worked.I got message all is done and rebooted the phone.Got lg logo then black screen then lg logo black screen to infinity...i panicked for few sec then realised i still have cm recovery instaled so i downloaded cm 7.2 on pc transfered to ext sdcard and flashed again.Phone was alive again:victory:
Started folowing instructions on xda how to flash back to stock rom and got stuck on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1035041
because ofc Serbia(that where im from) is not on the list.So basicaly after this long post :p i have two short questions
1. Is it safe to flash with euro open BIN_LGP990AT-00-V20q-EUR-XX-JAN-24-2012-0 rom?

Best regards,
Dee024

check in the developers section for "back to EXT3", flash it and then flash a custom stock based ROM. DONT FORGET TO BACKUP ALL USER DATA....flashing backtoEXT3 will wipe the data. CM 7 and Stock dont use the same file format.never recover system information from CM7 to Stock or vice versa.
Hope it helps.

THANKS TO THE ORIGINAL DEVs

Attachments

• 0-full_wipe_0.3_ext3.zip
    160.3 KB · Views: 90
  • backtoext3-allpart-2x-unsigned.zip
    157 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Reactions: nesans and Dee024

Dee024

Aug 24, 2012
check in the developers section for "back to EXT3", flash it and then flash a custom stock based ROM. DONT FORGET TO BACKUP ALL USER DATA....flashing backtoEXT3 will wipe the data. CM 7 and Stock dont use the same file format.never recover system information from CM7 to Stock or vice versa.
Hope it helps.

Downloaded back to EXT3 flashed it in cw recovery,chose restore backup and this time it worked like a charm phone booted up with stock rom.
Thank you:highfive:

rajesh124

Aug 15, 2013
LG optimus 2x p990 stuck in bootloop

Deal All,
i am new to XDA and having issue with my LG O2x.
I had manged to upgrade LG O2x on ICS and it was running fine, but last Saturday i tried to check update via LG update tool, it says update available, when respective file download completed, O2x started in boot-loop.

I am not able to figure out what went wrong and how to solve it ?

As i was not prepared all so no backup of ROM, no developer mode ON and top of that i am not able to get into recovery mode by precessing volume down + Power button.

i can only enter in software upgrade mode, can anyone help me out ?

Thanks in advance !

Rajesh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best regards,
    Dee024

Hope it helps.