[ROM][PORT][5.20.14] .::StockMOD KitKat::. | TouchWiz 4.4.2 | Sprint L710VPUCND8 | RLS2.1

Search This thread

troycarpenter

Here is my rule set up and it seems to work fine
unepyzaq.jpg

I have that as the outgoing rule, but you can create a similar rule for incoming. I have it a bit more selective:

Condition: \+.* (This only matches numbers with the plus on it...which is every number in my case)
Remove: \+

Then, at the bottom of the rule, enable the Advanced editor. There is a section that says "Add number to call log". I switched that to "Prefixed number". Now the incoming calls have the + stripped off even in the call log.

petenatas

Aug 27, 2012
@saranhai @DocHoliday77 Sorry it took me so long to get this out to you guys. Here is a flashable that I threw together to add the flashlight toggle back. I haven't tested this but there should be no issues as its exactly the same as how I did it in my theme. I'd make a backup in case though.

You will need to flash this enabler with the mod to add the toggle. Thanks to CNexus for this and for the mod.

Flashlight Toggle Mod Flashable: http://d-h.st/Qt0

There's nothing else to do beside flashing this ?

EDIT: Just tried it and it didn't melt my phone, but the wifi icon is bugged. Can you do the same thing with the fixed systemui.apk ? :)

Last edited:

patate331

Feb 24, 2013
Montreal
If i can call this a "problem", the only one I have is about the SMS. When you write one with a lot of caracters, the ROM split the SMS in many parts.

MercilessLTD

Jul 18, 2012
1. I'm getting terrible data speeds, both from WiFi and Mobile Data. Neither will get above 2 Mbps. Anyone else experience this with either this ROM or another SGS3 TW? I'm going to reflash today and see if that helps, but I figured I'd ask for some advice in case there is another solution I can try. I have a d2att and running on the MJB modem and included KT747 kernel.

2. When I try to video chat on Hangouts, or accept a video chat, I'm getting an FC. Anyone else experiencing this?

Well, to follow up:

1. Not a ROM or device problem. It was network issues. AT&T was throttling me (5 GB on LTE with unlimited data and you get throttled to around .5 Mbps). My home WiFi strength was low where I was testing.

2. I am unsure if something I modified was causing this, but I am now running @talkingmonkeys TMS3KK which is based off of this port, from my understanding. I am no longer receiving FCs and completing video calls smoothly.

Reactions: talkingmonkeys

talkingmonkeys

Inactive Recognized RC / RT
May 15, 2013
Well, to follow up:

1. Not a ROM or device problem. It was network issues. AT&T was throttling me (5 GB on LTE with unlimited data and you get throttled to around .5 Mbps). My home WiFi strength was low where I was testing.

2. I am unsure if something I modified was causing this, but I am now running @talkingmonkeys TMS3KK which is based off of this port, from my understanding. I am no longer receiving FCs and completing video calls smoothly.

The hangouts problem is due to it missing a lib that it needs. Reason it works good on my rom is because I debloated it and you had to get it from the play store haha

Sent from my SGH-I747 running TW4.4.2 TMS3KK

Reactions: MercilessLTD

talkingmonkeys

May 15, 2013
So simply uninstalling hangouts and then dl'ing from pay store will fix the problem on this?

exactly :good:

BTW everyone I updated what I called the wifi fix/flashlight toggle mod to actually fix the signal cluster completely. This includes the code for the flashlight toggle and I added tdunham and dazednconfused's 1% Battery Mod while I was at it. These can be changed out with other battery icons which I will be posting later and linking to as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53155282&postcount=600

Last edited:

coolgids

Dec 22, 2011
exactly :good:

BTW everyone I updated what I called the wifi fix/flashlight toggle mod to actually fix the signal cluster completely. This includes the code for the flashlight toggle and I added tdunham and dazednconfused's 1% Battery Mod while I was at it. These can be changed out with other battery icons which I will be posting later and linking to as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53155282&postcount=600

Hi guys, I want to install this ROM. But I don't know what I should do 1st because my friend's phone (he ask me to mod his android) is outdated. The current firmware is:
Android Version 4.1.1 and Baseband Version I747UCDLK3

What should I do first?

If I need to install any other stock firmware, where I can get it? (provide the link please)
It will be a big help for me

Thanks

melvinaury

Jan 11, 2009
Hatillo
Hi guys, I want to install this ROM. But I don't know what I should do 1st because my friend's phone (he ask me to mod his android) is outdated. The current firmware is:
Android Version 4.1.1 and Baseband Version I747UCDLK3

What should I do first?

If I need to install any other stock firmware, where I can get it? (provide the link please)
It will be a big help for me

Thanks

The steps are clear in the Op. Install recovery, bootloader/modem package and Inrecommend full wipe. Then install the Rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

coolgids

Dec 22, 2011
The steps are clear in the Op. Install recovery, bootloader/modem package and Inrecommend full wipe. Then install the Rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

The Requirements:
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Root and Custom Recovery Installed
FULL I747UCUEMJB Android 4.3 Firmware (Bootloader, Modem, Etc)
ROM File
Knowledge of what you're doing
Patience

I had a hard time finding this: FULL I747UCUEMJB Android 4.3 Firmware (Bootloader, Modem, Etc)
that is the only problem here...

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I want to charge my phone Off but ktkerney turn phone on the is any change to do?

This is a Sprint thing from what I can tell.

The Requirements:
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Root and Custom Recovery Installed
FULL I747UCUEMJB Android 4.3 Firmware (Bootloader, Modem, Etc)
ROM File
Knowledge of what you're doing
Patience

I had a hard time finding this: FULL I747UCUEMJB Android 4.3 Firmware (Bootloader, Modem, Etc)
that is the only problem here...

For future reference, http://Sammobile.com/firmwares

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

talkingmonkeys

May 15, 2013
This is a Sprint thing from what I can tell.

For future reference, http://Sammobile.com/firmwares

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Can't you just flash the bootloader and modem then flash the rom if you have custom recovery? Look how to root the phone for 4.1.1 and install a custom recovery like twrp or cwm and you can flash the bootloader/modem package for mjb then the rom you want to use thats 4.3 or these 4.4.2 ND8 ports.

BTW if you're using that zip I posted here for the flashlight toggle and signal cluster fix you can use any of my flashables to change your battery icons. :cool:

Link to mod: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53155282&postcount=600

Link to alternate Battery icons: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53001499&postcount=2

Reactions: DocHoliday77

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
Can't you just flash the bootloader and modem then flash the rom if you have custom recovery? Look how to root the phone for 4.1.1 and install a custom recovery like twrp or cwm and you can flash the bootloader/modem package for mjb then the rom you want to use thats 4.3 or these 4.4.2 ND8 ports.

BTW if you're using that zip I posted here for the flashlight toggle and signal cluster fix you can use any of my flashables to change your battery icons. :cool:

Link to mod: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53155282&postcount=600

Link to alternate Battery icons: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53001499&postcount=2

Theoretically you could, and it probably won't be an issue, but I would still recommend against it. Just to be on the safe side, I'd recommend users flash the entire firmware. It doesn't hurt to start fresh. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][PORT][5.20.14] .::StockMOD KitKat::. | TouchWiz 4.4.2 | Sprint L710VPUCND8 | RLS2.1

Thanks to DocHoliday77 for posting the Ported Sprint Update! This would not have been possible without him, so be sure to thank him Here

With that, We proudly present to you:

StockMODKitKatOP_zps2845f650.png

The First Android 4.4.2 TouchWiz ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III!

Disclaimer_zpsc03c86de.png
    YOU MUST BE ON A FULL 4.3 FIRMWARE (BOOTLOADER, MODEM, ETC) FOR THIS ROM! IT HAS BEEN REPORTED THAT WITHOUT THE 4.3 FIRMWARE, THE ROM WILL NOT BOOT!

AS USUAL, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE! ONE WRONG MOVE (Especially with the Firmware) AND YOU COULD END UP WITH A VERY EXPENSIVE BRICK. PROCEED AT OWN RISK.

Please do not kang any part of this ROM without developer permission, violators WILL be caught, and moderators will be notified.

Prerequisites_zps49240df5.png

• Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
    • Root and Custom Recovery Installed
    • FULL I747UCUEMJB Android 4.3 Firmware (Bootloader, Modem, Etc)
    • ROM File
    • Knowledge of what you're doing
    • Patience

System_zps058c838b.png

• Based on Official Sprint L710VPUCND8 Android 4.4.2 Update
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed

Changelog_zpsa7ccff20.png

Code:
    [B]StockMOD KitKat RLS2[/B] [I]May 16th, 2014[/I]
    -Fixed APN issues from previous release - Thanks to [B]lj27416[/B] for posting the apns-conf.xml
    -Fixed Maps force closing
    -Fixed reboot binary - Thanks to [B]CNexus[/B]
    -Updated system apps (including todays Google Play Store update with Paypal support)

[B]StockMOD KitKat RLS1[/B] [I]May 15th, 2014[/I]
    [I]Brought to you by [B]DocHoliday77[/B]![/I]
    -Included kt747 kernel (5-13-2014) (WiFi fixed, Screen Rotation fixed)
    -Edited some CSC and other files for AT&T
    -Added APN's (Should now auto-populate regardless of your carrier. AKA, no more manual setup!)
    -Added more language options
    -Updated system apps
    -corrected build.prop values
    -Added busybox to updater-script
    -Replaced Sprint Shutdown animation with AT&T (may still have the Sprint sounds though)
    -Fixed Video Playback bug (horribly choppy playback on hi-res vids)

[B]StockMOD KitKat Beta1[/B] [I]May 12th, 2014[/I]
    -Added latest XPosed Installer App (Just App!)
    -Initial Release!

Bugs_zpsd7a857be.png

This ROM was only tested on a T-Mobile SGH-T999 on UVUENC2, please report!
    • Both issues have been fixed by flashing the KT Kernel! Links below!
    • WiFi: Refuses to work, most likely due to kernel
    • Rotation: Backwards, in landscape, screen is upside down, also most likely due to kernel
    • MMS will not send with WiFi on - Read Post 6 for more info
    • You can only have one of the following two: Either the nice looking WiFi statusbar icon, or the 4G icon (not sure yet if this applies to the I747). Fixing one reverts the other.
    • You tell us

Download_zps007e7bda.png

StockMOD ROM KitKat RLS2.zip

Mirror (RLS2.1) (Thanks DocHoliday77!)

Ktoonsez Kernel for TouchWiz 4.4.2

If you like our work, help us support more devices!
    Donations are very valuable, and help support further development.

donate-button-blue-425x164.jpg

Donate to Saranhai

Donate to DocHoliday77

DocHoliday77: Without this man, this update would NOT have been possible, please remember to give his thread a thanks! (Link at the top of OP)
    CNexus: He originally posted the 4.4.2 ND8 Update for the Sprint Galaxy S III
    All the guys over at the Sprint forums that helped made this project possible
    Sprint: For being the first to release the long awaited Android 4.4 Update
    Samsung: For not forgetting our beloved Samsung Galaxy S III

XDA:DevDB Information
    StockMOD ROM KitKat, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    saranhai, DocHoliday77
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.3 Firmware

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RLS1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-15
    Current Beta Version: Beta1
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-12

Created 2014-05-13
    Last Updated 2014-05-20
    StockMod RLS2

StockMod2.0 Downloads

StockMOD ROM KitKat RLS2

SourceForge Mirror

StockMOD ROM KitKat RLS1

SourceForge Mirror

Instructions

BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!
    Flash rom via latest version of the custom recovery of your choice
    Factory Reset recommended
    First boot WILL take a while! Several minutes at least.
    During setup, after choosing your language, you will see a screen with "Wait a sec..." at the top.
    DO NOT, let the screen time out and turn off!!! (You will have to start over!)
    After this, proceed with setup normally and reboot when done.

To fix the WiFi icon in statusbar
    Open the Google Play Store and wait for it to load its home screen. Close the store.
    Using a root file browser, go to /system and edit the build.prop as follows:
    Change ro.product.name= d2att to d2spr. Save and reboot.
    (Note: by making this change, you will fix the WiFi icon, but may lose the 4G data icon (this happened on the T999, anyway). It will show 3G, H+ instead.)
    (IMPORTANT: If you do not open the Play Store app BEFORE making this change, the Store will NOT work!)

Pests (Known Bugs)

MMS will not send with WiFi on - It seems this is how all Sprint builds are made. Not actually a bug, but I am told there is a Wanam Xposed module that can make this work. If WiFi is on, you can send and receive SMS, but cannot send MMS and will just get a notification if one is received.

You can only have one of the following two: Either the nice looking WiFi statusbar icon, or the 4G icon (not sure yet if this applies to the I747). Fixing one reverts the other.

Pesticide (Temporary fixes for bugs)

WiFi Icon fix
    In build.prop, change d2att to d2spr. Reboot. -Thanks to @serio22 for figuring this odd one out! :highfive:
    See instructions above. This will break the Play Store unless you first open the app and let it load.

Changelog

RLS1 - (5.14.2014)
    • Included kt747 kernel (5.13.2014) (WiFi fixed, Screen Rotation fixed)
    • Edited some CSC and other files for AT&T
    • Added APN's (Should now auto-populate regardless of your carrier. AKA, no more manual setup!)
    • Added more language options
    • Updated system apps
    • corrected build.prop values
    • Added busybox to updater-script
    • Replaced Sprint Shutdown animation with AT&T (may still have the Sprint sounds though)
    • Fixed Video Playback bug (horribly choppy playback on hi-res vids)

RLS2 - (5.16.2014)
    • Fixed APN issues from previous release - Thanks to @lj27416 for posting the apns-conf.xml
    • Fixed Maps force closing
    • Fixed reboot binary - Thanks to @CNexus
    • Updated system apps (including todays Google Play Store update with Paypal support)

Let us know how everything goes! Provided there are no more significant bugs, we may be about ready to call this done! Hope you guys like it!
    StockMod2.0

StockMod2.0 Download

I747_ND8_Port_StockMod2.0

Mirror

Changelog

• Included kt747 kernel (5-13-2014) (WiFi fixed, Screen Rotation fixed)
    • Edited some CSC and other files for AT&T
    • Added APN's (Should now auto-populate regardless of your carrier. AKA, no more manual setup!)
    • Added more language options
    • Updated system apps
    • corrected build.prop values
    • Added busybox to updater-script
    • Replaced Sprint Shutdown animation with AT&T (may still have the Sprint sounds though)
    • Fixed Video Playback bug (horribly choppy playback on hi-res vids)

Let us know how everything goes! Provided there are no more significant bugs, we may be about ready to call this done! Hope you guys like it! Again, I apologize for keeping you waiting longer than I had expected.
    modded stuff :)

Aloha OPS

I have modified several stuff if you want to incorporate them in to your ROM that i like to mess around with my device..

#1.Unlocked all CSC stuff from FEATURES.xml

#2.Applied "Volume Blaster Light" settings (check my signature for details)
    to etc/snd_soc_msm

#3. modded Buil.prop to reflect I747M device and Network modes (9) for d2can

Update: This is not a flashable Mod, This are the modded component for the OPS to check them out!!

Love your work
    I'll post a personal build in a moment here, just have to finish fixing up the ramdisk, optimizing busybox and adding adblocking features/scripts, sqlite3 and zipalign binaries and such.