[MOD] Dalvik2System Updated 4/25/2014

Search This thread

cmvienneau

Apr 29, 2011
washburn
drive.google.com
Are you tired of seeing all that free space in your system partition? Well let's make use of it by moving your dalvik-cache to the system partition saving you a lot more space for apps and downloads;) Its all done automatically at boot all you have to do is hit thanks and flash the zip provided in recovery and reboot.

Update: should work on every rom just flash in recovery. hboot version no longer matters

Attachments

• dalvik2system.zip
    126.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

theodorius123

Aug 26, 2010
thanks! sounds nice!

two questions:
1. what partitions are used for actual CM-nightlies? I flashed the 4.4.2 OTA a while ago, does this mean I have the new partition-layout?
(maybe a quick tip for everyone how to check which layout is used)
2. do we have to flash this every time we flash a new nightly?

cmvienneau

Apr 29, 2011
washburn
drive.google.com
Yes but as far as the second question you'll have to modify updater script anyway since you have the newer firmware every time you flash a new nightly. So what I do is also delete the line that says "format" also. That way any system modifications you make won't be touched.

Sent from my One Mini

cmvienneau

Apr 29, 2011
washburn
drive.google.com
Also with this mod you can make youre own init.d scripts and just put em in the init.d directory and they will run at boot. So you don't need a scripter app. Just set the permissions of your scripts accordingly 755 should do the trick;)

Sent from my One Mini

morschesholz

Apr 3, 2014
thanks! sounds nice!

two questions:
1. what partitions are used for actual CM-nightlies? I flashed the 4.4.2 OTA a while ago, does this mean I have the new partition-layout?
(maybe a quick tip for everyone how to check which layout is used)
2. do we have to flash this every time we flash a new nightly?

AFAIK CM still uses the "old" layout. That means you'll have to modify the CM nightly zips to flash them successfully to your device, if it has the new partition layout.
I made a new thread to share my insights and to describe how to check which layout a device has: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2713849

cmvienneau

Apr 29, 2011
washburn
drive.google.com
AFAIK CM still uses the "old" layout. That means you'll have to modify the CM nightly zips to flash them successfully to your device, if it has the new partition layout.
I made a new thread to share my insights and to describe how to check which layout a device has: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2713849

Its very very easy to do simply open updater script look for the number 33 change it to 35 then look for 31 and change it to 33 then flash the ROM and flash my mod from this post and you're good to go.

Sent from my One Mini using Tapatalk

morschesholz

Apr 3, 2014
I'm just wondering if it's necessary to modify the boot.img, too? It contains a fstab, doesn't it? However, it seems to work as well with the original boot.img from the cm zip.

Last edited:

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
this actually sounds great, never understood why htc kept 5gb to themselves.
however im on hboot 2.19, s off and quite happy with my phone as it is...would love to free up an extra 1GB though

thanks

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
Brilliant! so re: the CM nightlies.."simply open updater script look for the number 33 change it to 35 then look for 31 and change it to 33 then flash the ROM and flash my this mod".
also i normally unzip,delete all the apps,libs that i dont need/use, add pure x performance mod, add google launcher.xposed etc ..i can just do that the same way huh?

sorry for all the questions bud and thanks again

Last edited:

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
yeah , see i wasn't too sure about it. as you say a placebo. although it does reduce the animation scale down...which i feel makes a difference but i suppose that can be done in dev options

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you tired of seeing all that free space in your system partition? Well let's make use of it by moving your dalvik-cache to the system partition saving you a lot more space for apps and downloads;) Its all done automatically at boot all you have to do is hit thanks and flash the zip provided in recovery and reboot.

Update: should work on every rom just flash in recovery. hboot version no longer matters
    fair play, i'll prob try that tomorrow after i slim down my cm11 and gapps to the bones.cheers and i will let you know how it goes