How-tos Videos

Search This thread

dfgas

Dec 30, 2009
This first video is for if you flash a rom to your phone and all the sudden you are roaming nonstop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InN-Z340BO0
Here is the post that covers it in writing on what you are supposed to do.

If you have any suggestions or comments please leave a comment. If it is something we feel needs a video I will post one up here. By the way, this is starting out cheesy because I have one video. As I get more made then it will be changed around but if you have any suggestions on setting this up tell me.

Thank you.

Thanks dihydrogenmonoxide for the help with posts. :D

Last edited:

bsbokc

Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma City
Awesome idea man I wish I had this video last week when I was dealing with this problem. Personally I would suggest having written instructions in the description for those who have a hard time following a video.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Apr 3, 2011
Ten easy steps to fix always roaming.

**BEFORE STARTING FLASH TO STOCK USING ODIN**
*NO, SERIOUSLY, GO BACK TO STOCK NOW*

Step 1: Get "ADW.Launcher" from market.

Step 2: Turn off wifi.

Step 3: Press home, select ADW Launcher.

Step 4: Long click on the background, select custom shortcut, pick your activity, pick your activity, ADW activities (second one down).

Step 5: Find com.android.hiddenmenu, click on it.

Step 6: Click on Data(.DEBUGMENU) click ok.

Step 7: Click on icon, find HDR/1X Selection, click on it.

Step 8: CDMA only mode select, hit ok, wait for phone go to 1X mode.

Step 9: After phone is in 1X only go back into HDR/1X Selection and change back to Hybrid mode.

Step 10: Remove icon, uninstall ADW launcher at your leisure.

Step 10.5: Go on and flash to your new rom!​

slayer214

Mar 16, 2010
Mississippi
Thanks for the video, but I have a quick question. What are you running that gives those cool screen animations?!? Where the market window pane kinda bounces back and forth when you open/close it.

dfgas

Dec 30, 2009
Thanks for the video, but I have a quick question. What are you running that gives those cool screen animations?!? Where the market window pane kinda bounces back and forth when you open/close it.

Yeah I wanna know too!
Sent from my SCH-I500

they are animation xml that I added to a pnp rom for my friends and I and the GAS rom.

I may do it again on sFc or CM6 but just letting things cool down

cnosky

May 21, 2011
thank you for this, the only question i have is " why do you have to go back to stock?" i'm not arguing, i'd just like to know the "why"

Top Liked Posts