Flashing CWM

Search This thread

the taxidermist

Jan 29, 2010
Im trying to flash CWM via the app and it says it does not have access to those privileges. any help?

EDIT:
I went back into Terminal and flashed it via fastboot, seems to be good! I installed superuser via superboot,

EDIT:
I have CWM on the phone SU everything is good, but rom manager will not download any roms and is telling me to instal CWM... confusing...

Last edited:

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
you dont have root access. google on how to obtain root access or alternatively,
go to bootloader mode
fastboot flash recovery <nameofrecovery>.img

find .img on google (clockwork recovery)

the taxidermist

Jan 29, 2010
I did actually right before i read your reply, thank you tho! it disappears for some reason so i re flashed CWM after i downloaded my rom so i'm in there now and flashing CM... Ill let you know how it goes

the taxidermist

Jan 29, 2010
Ive got my Rom on there, I have to keep flashing CWM tho idkw... but my rom is running anyhow. thanks for the help!

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
theres a file that keeps reflashing stock recovery.. search the forums on what it is, i forget. its something called install-recovery.sh or so i believe

edit: navigate to /system/etc/install-recovery.sh and rename to something else or delete it..... then reflash recovery, and it should stick