[VZW][RUU]Decrypted Verizon RUU[1.11.605.4]

Search This thread

afsandiego

Mar 27, 2008
scotty1223 said:
anyway,you can flash it just like described for the radio:
-place phone in fastboot,open cmd. file must be in your adb/fastboot working directory
-enter:
fastboot erase cache

fastboto oem rebootRUU (will put you in ruu mode,black screen silver htc letters)

fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip (will send and flash the file. dont interupt it while the cmd window shows its writinging,and the green status bar is moving on the phone screen)

*sometimes a file will fail with a pre-update error after after flashing hboot,radios or other firmware. this is normal,just enter again:
fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip
and this time it will finish

-when you get "finished" and "OK"
fastboot reboot-bootloader (takes you back to fastboot. should also rescue you if for some reason the file wont flash)

-reboot back to the OS
fastbooot reboot

I used this instruction with the RUU file on this thread and I was able to get back to stock but bootloader is still Unlocked and S-OFF.

Anyone knows how to turn back S-ON?

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
I used this instruction with the RUU file on this thread and I was able to get back to stock but bootloader is still Unlocked and S-OFF.

Anyone knows how to turn back S-ON?

Just Flip the Flag. You can use Scott1223's Thread on changing the flag.

It doesn't Lock the device again but it does report locked on the Bootloader fastboot mode. This has been enough for warranty reasons for Verizon.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540004

I have GUI for Verizon/Sprint versions on Stock Rom.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618407

Thanks,

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Just Flip the Flag. You can use Scott1223's Thread on changing the flag.

It doesn't Lock the device again but it does report locked on the Bootloader fastboot mode. This has been enough for warranty reasons for Verizon.

Can you please stop telling people it does not lock the bootloader. I have quoted the text below in reply to you at least once before. Setting the flag back to "Locked" does tell the bootloader to be locked. It is not just displaying locked. Someone is going to try to modify something thinking their bootloader isnt truly locked after accomplishing the below when it is.
not sure what youre asking. locked is locked... this leaves the "lock status" flag that tells hboot wether to be unlocked or not, in a locked state,just as it came out of the box.

if you mean "does the lock status flag need to tell hboot to be locked in order for the fingerprint scanner to work" then the answer is yes. hex editing hboot to make the unlocked banner read "locked" does absolutely nothing functionally. whatever partition controls the fingerprint scanner is looking at the lock status flag itself,and could care less what hboots banner reads ;)

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
Can you please stop telling people it does not lock the bootloader. I have quoted the text below in reply to you at least once before. Setting the flag back to "Locked" does tell the bootloader to be locked. It is not just displaying locked. Someone is going to try to modify something thinking their bootloader isnt truly locked after accomplishing the below when it is.

Let's attack this from another angle.

S-OFF = Secure Bootloader = Accessing Partitions normally not accessible (i.e. Radio and Hboot partition access) Flips the Hex code of the Bootloader Flag to Unlocked
Bootloader Flag = Bootloader hex code used by internal device partitions to determine device hardware compliance and functionality.

Last edited:

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
First off s-off does NOT equal unsecure bootloader (which Im assuming is what you meant). They are separate and distinct. You must s-off to be able to unlock the bootloader.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Moved to correct thread.

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
Last edited:

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
This is a dev forum and discussions like this should happen in the thread to which it pertains. I cant be the only one that will want to know this very important piece of information and its background. Scotty has noted he will reply later time permitting. I am ok with being wrong based on my understanding and information provided but this needs to be out there.

dsb9938

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2010
Edison, NJ
This is not complicated. There is a locked/unlocked flag, and a secure/insecure flag for S-Off.

They are not the same. You need to turn both to get back to stock.

I have not tried going back to S-On, but I do lock/unlock frequently.

The fingerprint scanner stops working when unlocked, and I cannot fastboot flash certain things to test when locked.

As for how you get either of these to be in either state, yes, that is a topic for another thread.

insanefury

Oct 25, 2009
Is it possible for me to use the Verizon RUU to convert my Sprint One max to Verizon stock software similar to how people are able to convert the HTC one to Google Play edition?

andrewjt19

This is not complicated. There is a locked/unlocked flag, and a secure/insecure flag for S-Off.

They are not the same. You need to turn both to get back to stock.

I have not tried going back to S-On, but I do lock/unlock frequently.

The fingerprint scanner stops working when unlocked, and I cannot fastboot flash certain things to test when locked.

As for how you get either of these to be in either state, yes, that is a topic for another thread.

I'm by no means am a developer, but this is accurate. I had the HTC Incredible and sold it on Craigslist a few years later. To restore it to complete stock, I had to use the Stock RUU, lock the bootloader, and turn S-On. However, I've heard of some people buying a brand new device with S-Off from the factory. Both of my HTC devices were S-On. I used rumrunner to S-Off my One Max and Revoked to S-Off my original Incredible.

With that said, is there a guide/tool to turn S-On with our One Max? Just for information purposes.

TappEd from my Note II

Check out my website for encouragement....

www.projectintercession.blogspot.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Putting this here so people who want/need it can find it.

MD5 is on the download page.

http://d-h.st/bQF
    Will this ruu work to get the phone back to s-on and back to stock?

If you do it properly, these files will get you back to full on stock, yes.
    I'm by no means am a developer, but this is accurate. I had the HTC Incredible and sold it on Craigslist a few years later. To restore it to complete stock, I had to use the Stock RUU, lock the bootloader, and turn S-On. However, I've heard of some people buying a brand new device with S-Off from the factory. Both of my HTC devices were S-On. I used rumrunner to S-Off my One Max and Revoked to S-Off my original Incredible.

With that said, is there a guide/tool to turn S-On with our One Max? Just for information purposes.

TappEd from my Note II

Check out my website for encouragement....

www.projectintercession.blogspot.com

Yes there us if you use the just the adb lines from the HTC one forum of return to stock thread in general there it works on the max I've used it twice I posted a link in the general thread when I get my replacement phone again tomorrow I'll make a video guide on how to do it fully too on Sunday I posted a link to it in the Verizon encrypted ruu thread

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk