[Q] bootloader question

Search This thread
E

entdoc

re 7100 bootloaders
(please forgive my lack of knowledge)
i am on phoenix 17 rom currently, bootloader MJ5 (no knox as far as i understand. later bootloaders ie MK4 are knoxed IIRC)

am I understanding correctly that custom roms do not install bootloaders (ie 4.3 roms or 4.4 based on stock or leaked stock)?
and that is why it is possible to still revert backwards if one has a non knoxed BL?

do stock roms install bootloaders (via kies or odin)?
so if for some reason i installed a stock 4.3 i would then be stuck with a knoxed bootloader?

thanks for the info

erljayp

Dec 27, 2012
am I understanding correctly that custom roms do not install bootloaders (ie 4.3 roms or 4.4 based on stock or leaked stock)?
and that is why it is possible to still revert backwards if one has a non knoxed BL?

do stock roms install bootloaders (via kies or odin)?
so if for some reason i installed a stock 4.3 i would then be stuck with a knoxed bootloader?

thanks for the info
-Custom Roms does NOT include bootloaders(as far as I know). I'm still in MJ5 BL even after installing DN3 4 Kitkat. :)
-Yup, i believe you can still revert back if you want to, as long as the bootloader does NOT have knox.
-It depends with what version you will install. Be informed by the "bootloader version" of the 4.3 stock rom that you will install(visible in sammobile). As long as the included bootloader is lower than MJ5(and NOT MK4 onwards) everything will be fine, I hope. :D

Hope I help. ^.^

E

entdoc

-Custom Roms does NOT include bootloaders(as far as I know). I'm still in MJ5 BL even after installing DN3 4 Kitkat. :)
-Yup, i believe you can still revert back if you want to, as long as the bootloader does NOT have knox.
-It depends with what version you will install. Be informed by the "bootloader version" of the 4.3 stock rom that you will install(visible in sammobile). As long as the included bootloader is lower than MJ5(and NOT MK4 onwards) everything will be fine, I hope. :D

Hope I help. ^.^

where is bootloader version listed in sammobile details i see PDA CSC MODEM
also are any stock sammy roms available without bootloader (new ones)
if not is there a way to install a stock rom without the newer bootloader (can the necessary files EXCEPT the bootloader be extracted out of the .tar files and somehow be installed
thanks

Last edited: