Full root for A50x ICS 4.0.3[LEAK]. Simple method.

Search This thread

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

For A500 and A501 ICS[LEAK] firmware.

How to:
1. The tablet should be already upgraded to stock ICS for A50x (or stock ICS A10x/A510 for other tablets).
2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer (Before connection it is recommended to update the driver for a tablet from here: A10x, A50x, A510).
5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
The root is received!
6. Now you will have to install the following programs:
SuperUser APK
Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!
Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

Change:
The error of final check of receiving root is corrected (The messaging that "root" isn't received, though it was not so)
Support of A510 of tablets is improved

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

PS: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!
PS2: Sorry for the Russian language in the old executable file, the archive has been confused

Last edited:

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

For firmware:
Acer_AV041_A500_0.019.00_WW_GEN1
Acer_AV041_A500_0.014.00_WW_GEN1
Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

How to:
1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS 4.0.3[LEAK] for A500.
2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
The root is received!
6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
SuperUser APK
Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!
Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

PS: Command "mount -o remount,rw /system" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!

I wrapped something like this up into a GUI ages ago ;) Perhaps I'll make a linux & mac one at some point too. My GUI installs Superuser and allows the user to install Trebuchet, FaceLock (currently buggy) and other tweaks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1520469

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
I wrapped something like this up into a GUI ages ago ;) Perhaps I'll make a linux & mac one at some point too. My GUI installs Superuser and allows the user to install Trebuchet, FaceLock (currently buggy) and other tweaks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1520469
Ok. Read:
You are wellcome! And if possible help me grow here in XDA using "Thanks button" (it's free lol).

Well, about the root is the same here, I can see superuser and su, and can go to shell and call #
But, when I try (for example) create a directory inside system the message "ready only" appear.
:(

But it's my firts time trying to use root. Any help will be very glad!

Regards,
Simply fire up ICS Root and click "Remount /system rw" In the "Remount Tools" menu ;)
Once you get the success message, feel free to unplug your tablet and play around with the system folder as you see fit :)
My method work "as it should". ;)

Last edited:

carbo

Apr 22, 2006
I just flash my Acer A500 with Acer_AV041_A500_0.019.00_WW_GEN1
This method works with my. I can use titanium backup and superuser. Thank you!
But I don't know how to test push a recovery image.

below is my way to root.
I use windows Vista.
1. On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
2. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
3. Unpack the files. then put ICS_rooting folder in c:\ (I try unpack in other place not work)
4. then run runit-win.bat by run as adminstrator.
Done

Last edited:

Ping192

Dec 21, 2011
Hoofddorp
I have installed Acer_AV041_A500_0.019.00_WW_GEN1 and aquired root using this method.

I will try to push CWM or RA recovery.

The root access works perfectly. I just deinstalled all acer bloatware and other stuff.

Edit:
The strange part was, I could not get the ADB interface working on my laptop. When I switched my Acer from MTP (Media Device) to PTP (Camera device), found in storage settings, the ADB interface showed up in my device list under Windows 7. Then after a driver install, it worked perfectly.
When I switch back to MTP, the ADB interface disappears again.

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
I have installed Acer_AV041_A500_0.019.00_WW_GEN1 and aquired root using this method.

I will try to push CWM or RA recovery.

The root access works perfectly. I just deinstalled all acer bloatware and other stuff.

Edit:
The strange part was, I could not get the ADB interface working on my laptop. When I switched my Acer from MTP (Media Device) to PTP (Camera device), found in storage settings, the ADB interface showed up in my device list under Windows 7. Then after a driver install, it worked perfectly.
When I switch back to MTP, the ADB interface disappears again.

Maybe a reboot on the win system?

Reactions: patio54

Ping192

Dec 21, 2011
Hoofddorp
Pushing a custom recovery fails atm. I even get an error flashing the unlocked bootloader.bin

Code:
Loading bootloader...
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
   chip name: t20
   chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
   chip sku: 0x8
   chip uid: 0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   macrovision: disabled
   hdcp: enabled
   sbk burned: true
   dk burned: true
   boot device: emmc
   operating mode: 4
   device config strap: 0
   device config fuse: 0
   sdram config strap: 0

sending file: bct.bct
- 4080/4080 bytes sent
bct.bct sent successfully
odm data: 0x300d8011
downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
sending file: bootloader.bin
| 1192188/1192188 bytes sent
bootloader.bin sent successfully
waiting for bootloader to initialize
bootloader status: success (code: 0) message:  flags: 1073840124
[COLOR="Red"]bootloader failed NvError 0x0
command failure: bootloader download failed[/COLOR]

All other nvflash commands fail afterwards.

After this command, the tablet enters "Entering OS download mode" with the acer logo in the middle.

Last edited:

carbo

Apr 22, 2006
Just update to Acer_AV041_A500_0.022.00_WW_GEN1.
After update Lost root. But use this method then got root again.
Thank you.

Reactions: ZeroNull

Jamesbond007vn

Dec 3, 2007
It didnt work for my acer, I meant it wasnt fully rooted. I saw superuser but when in Acer Receovery Installer, it says that Bootloader version 0.03.11-ISC is locked or something. Now I cant install any other rom as it got stucked at boot screen (receovery mode) with a message "Recovery verified failed". Anyone, please help me.

I need to use USB 3G on this tablet with this ISC or please help me downgrade to 3.2.1.

Many thanks

Reactions: blackthund3r

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
It didnt work for my acer, I meant it wasnt fully rooted. I saw superuser but when in Acer Receovery Installer, it says that Bootloader version 0.03.11-ISC is locked or something. Now I cant install any other rom as it got stucked at boot screen (receovery mode) with a message "Recovery verified failed". Anyone, please help me.

I need to use USB 3G on this tablet with this ISC or please help me downgrade to 3.2.1.

Many thanks

Take a look at my A500 APX Flash Tool with the patched bootloader, recovery and kernel package. That will get you ClockworkMod. To downgrade take a look at Timmydean's 3.2.1 downgrade package

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
How about the unroot part of things anyway to do that? For peeps that need warranty related things to be done?

Thanks

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For A500 and A501 ICS[LEAK] firmware.

How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to stock ICS for A50x (or stock ICS A10x/A510 for other tablets).
    2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer (Before connection it is recommended to update the driver for a tablet from here: A10x, A50x, A510).
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programs:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!

Change:
    The error of final check of receiving root is corrected (The messaging that "root" isn't received, though it was not so)
    Support of A510 of tablets is improved

PS: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!
    PS2: Sorry for the Russian language in the old executable file, the archive has been confused

For firmware:
    Acer_AV041_A500_0.019.00_WW_GEN1
    Acer_AV041_A500_0.014.00_WW_GEN1
    Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS 4.0.3[LEAK] for A500.
    2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!

PS: Command "mount -o remount,rw /system" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!

I can confirm, that it works with ACER_AV041_A500_1.031.00_WW_GEN1 too
    Ok. Read:
    You are wellcome! And if possible help me grow here in XDA using "Thanks button" (it's free lol).

Well, about the root is the same here, I can see superuser and su, and can go to shell and call #
    But, when I try (for example) create a directory inside system the message "ready only" appear.
    :(

But it's my firts time trying to use root. Any help will be very glad!

Regards,
    Simply fire up ICS Root and click "Remount /system rw" In the "Remount Tools" menu ;)
    Once you get the success message, feel free to unplug your tablet and play around with the system folder as you see fit :)
    My method work "as it should". ;)
    I know this is an old thread but having issues with the root here. Trying to update my Iconia having ICS 4.0.3, rooting and installing Jelly Bean. However, I am getting the same error which everybody has got which is:

I've seen a lot of people ask the question but no answer. My drivers are up to date. I can access the internal drive through windows. I've tried with antivirus disabled but no love. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Here's a link to blackthunder tools:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/8q1190khi3i01wo/
    There is a program called ICS root in it. Try that and see if it works.

If you want to unlock the bootloader(after you root) and a list of lollipop roms follow this thread:
    https://xdaforums.com/iconia-a500/general/2018-a500-upgrade-threaddownloads-to-t3832293