[KITKAT ROM]Sony Xperia D 4.9 MOTO DEFY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zeroemd

Jul 23, 2013
Managua
@Zeroemd,
Another thing you look into is uninstalling apps. The stock launcher crashes when you try to uninstall any app. Also there is a memory leak somewhere. There are no random reboots or rio bugs present in this rom, but every 2-3 days the phone just locks up. you have to pull the battery. All in all the most stable kitkat rom as yet for my defy.

Oh and normal widgets don't show up in the launcher selection screen .... only those that the sony launcher recognises. For e.g., quick reboot app widgets don't show up. ITs weird but it also happened with the xperia jb rom.

Will look into the launcher thing, I think that there is a more customisable launcher out there.

its good this is only 236MB. not like earlier nuild 500+MB.:good:

Try it. An update will come soon but I will make an incremental zip so people dont have to redownload the whole thing.

Mixermachine

Jan 5, 2011
Munich
n8qyik3i.png

Nope :/
I overclock to 1200 MHz with custom vsl ...
Values in bootloader Seen to be ignored ...

Zakariasz

Jun 27, 2011
Oxford
Call issue

i have call problem,when I call to someone and switch to keyboard I can see only black screen so I cannot use keyboard to type any numbers...

Zeroemd

Jul 23, 2013
Managua
I have been out due to a combination of laziness, technologic disasters, school and tragedies.

But an update will come soon :cowboy:

@Zeroemd
Acid does make a discernable difference. It doesn't work with the walkman app though. Works great with poweramp. Sounds much fuller, although my entire mid-range seems to be gone:silly:

Edit:I changed the walkman app, sounds better. Anyway beta testers will tell me.

I will change the music app to the one present in Xperia Z2 and if if does not work I will put a modded Z1 walkman or another sound mod.

Hy :)

Switching back from Note 2 to my old Defy (because of call issues...) and trying your ROM :)

One question:
Is there a possibility to overclock?
I remeber i could do that with an earlier version of Cm10.1 and CM11...

Greetings from Germany :)

Edit: Solved! changed some libraries and modules and OC is now working.

I am as puzzled as you but I think I have a solution to that, will look into it with more detail.

Did you change the base band top your location?
@Zeroemd dude lease replace the download manager app in the next version. At present it will not side load apps downloaded from the internet. Just gives an error "cannot open file "

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

Edit:Changed

I will.

@Zeroemd,
Another thing you look into is uninstalling apps. The stock launcher crashes when you try to uninstall any app. Also there is a memory leak somewhere. There are no random reboots or rio bugs present in this rom, but every 2-3 days the phone just locks up. you have to pull the battery. All in all the most stable kitkat rom as yet for my defy.

Oh and normal widgets don't show up in the launcher selection screen .... only those that the sony launcher recognises. For e.g., quick reboot app widgets don't show up. ITs weird but it also happened with the xperia jb rom.

Edit:Solved.

Most likely I will update/change the launcher and keyboard, so that should fix that problem.

Edit: Now solved

Waiting for new build :(

Sent from my MB526 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Edit: In the next couple days.

Soon.;)

i have call problem,when I call to someone and switch to keyboard I can see only black screen so I cannot use keyboard to type any numbers...

Edit: Should be solved by now.

Other users have told me that happens, will look into it.

Also I am thinking to make a new thread and have this one closed, so it will be better organized and easier for everybody.

Edit:The update will be here in a couple days, It needs to be tested to avoid any occurrences in regular use.

Last edited:

DroidBot

Apr 7, 2013
Mumbai
Latest AOSB version.??

I have been out due to a combination of laziness, technologic disasters, school and tragedies.

I will change the music app to the one present in Xperia Z2 and if if does not work I will put a modded Z1 walkman or another sound mod.

I am as puzzled as you but I think I have a solution to that, will look into it with more detail.

I will.

Most likely I will update/change the launcher and keyboard, so that should fix that problem.

Will look into it.

Soon.;)

Also I am thinking to make a new thread and have this one closed, so it will be better organized and easier for everybody.

@Zeroemd: will you update this build to AOSB latest version? Or planning to update with any other ROM? Please specify.
And waiting for new build desperately.
Thanks for your awesome work. :good::eek:

Zeroemd

Jul 23, 2013
Managua
@Zeroemd: will you update this build to AOSB latest version? Or planning to update with any other ROM? Please specify.
And waiting for new build desperately.
Thanks for your awesome work. :good::eek:
I was planing to keep the room on AOSB for the moment but since my work is based on Kayant's I cannot update AOSB. If any you guys have suggestions for the rom they are welcome.

rahul9871

Jul 29, 2013
pune
@Zeroemd : if you can make an Aroma installer in new Rom then it's useful to free up more memory on device, coz most of the people don't use all Sony Xperia's in build apps. And when you are going to upload new Rom, we are eagerly waiting for it :D

Zeroemd

Jul 23, 2013
Managua
@Zeroemd : if you can make an Aroma installer in new Rom then it's useful to free up more memory on device, coz most of the people don't use all Sony Xperia's in build apps. And when you are going to upload new Rom, we are eagerly waiting for it :D

Many of the apps are actually installed in the /data partition of the phone and can be removed by simple uninstall. The problem of this rom is that 120 mbs are libraries that cannot be removed without a negative effect in the system.

Reactions: rahul9871

azuva

May 10, 2009
camera

This ROM is outstanding for me

but i seemed to found a problem

does anyone notice that the video camera doesn't work?or is it only me?

i appreciate the answer

Thank's

Rawwr

Oct 25, 2012
Universe 10
This ROM is outstanding for me

but i seemed to found a problem

does anyone notice that the video camera doesn't work?or is it only me?

i appreciate the answer

Thank's

if u have a green lens defy go to settings in video and change the recording quality to 480p then select the format as H263 and ur prob will be solved

azuva

May 10, 2009
if u have a green lens defy go to settings in video and change the recording quality to 480p then select the format as H263 and ur prob will be solved

No..i'm using defy+..of course it has a better camera (720p)..but what annoyed me that it just couldn't record even a sec and force closed immediately..actually that was not a big deal for me..i just wanted to share it..just in case if anyone had the same bug with me..but still, it's an amazing rom..very stable..good work man!

Sent from my MB526 using XDA Free mobile app

Zeroemd

Jul 23, 2013
Managua
So guys, a new update is here but I have created a new thread for me to be more comfortable and to have better control over the thread.

Its a DEVdb project now, link

Reactions: ebol94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dikdlg1yfunvabh82bk.jpg

vso9ur9qd2vuey3f8j.jpg

Original Developer is ZEROEMD All thanks credits to Him
    Iam sharing this XPERIA D Rom for Moto Defy Lovers

Screenshot
    mohq3jyo1p00k7kw6w.jpg
    as3cjz80uvnt0ifjzrp.jpg
    17bopba2pz1urci51b4w.jpg
    q2m3jz5j1k5x7caj2twt.jpg
    stq6ok6ytyzhprohf6le.jpg
    yjrvhdczvgdgsl5gbg1.jpg
    560lbwhvaatj7xudgrv.jpg
    bsh591jrfnpk9hcdqc1.jpg
    yo312gvofp5cs0utejo.jpg
    v9qxp53mft8shcxji59f.jpg

Features

Launcher Xperia Z1
    Widgets Xperia Z1: Climate, Key Contacts, Notes, watches. etc.
    Xperia Wallpapers
    Keyboard Xperia Z1
    Overall appearance of Xperia Z1
    Social Engine.
    Applications Xperia (Album, Walkman, Calculator, Calendar, Notes, select Sony, etc)
    Walkman player with plug ins (Youtube, Google search, Wikipedia) and also:
    Clear Audio +
    Mobile Playstation Certification
    Socialife
    Halo (floating windows)
    Multiwindow
    Active Display
    Notifications on the lockscreen.

Changelog :

Xperia D 4.9

Change of basis AOSB 1.2.5
    Fix login via facebook Xperia.
    Fix semitransparent bar.
    Fix phone problems.
    Fix walkman equalizer.
    Now includes Gapps.
    Adjust to Overclock

Xperia D 4.8

Update CM11 based on the February 23, 2014
    Fix Music Download Info.
    Fix Force Close the Walkman to enter playlists.
    System partition is now a free 8 mb then the Gapps.
    Fix widget Walkman not present.
    Fix Movies App not present.
    Fix Random Reboot when trying to login to facebook via the plugin xperia

Installation Method
    Reboot the phone when you see the blue LED press the volume down button below to enter the Bootmenu.
    Now we enter the Custom Recovery TWRP
    Flash the Safewipe zip
    Flash the Xperia D Rom Zip
    wait few minutes
    Enjoy

Download link
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/b21msz6lisl1cft/Xperia+D+4.9+Gapps.zip
    Please clarify on the OP or the title that this is an unofficial version not related to my original work, i plan to continue it but people will get really confused now that there is 2 threads with the same title. Zeroemd got my permission to make his own interpretation of Xperia D but we are not working togheter as for now. Nice work btw, im still fixing a broken Defy that i bought recently (microUSB port destroyed) so i cant test it but looks really good.:)

@Zeroemd
    Acid does make a discernable difference. It doesn't work with the walkman app though. Works great with poweramp. Sounds much fuller, although my entire mid-range seems to be gone:silly:

Edit:I changed the walkman app, sounds better. Anyway beta testers will tell me.

Switching back from Note 2 to my old Defy (because of call issues...) and trying your ROM :)

One question:

Edit: Solved! changed some libraries and modules and OC is now working.

@Zeroemd dude lease replace the download manager app in the next version. At present it will not side load apps downloaded from the internet. Just gives an error "cannot open file "

Edit:Changed

I will.

@Zeroemd,

Edit:Solved.

Edit: Now solved

Waiting for new build :(

Edit: In the next couple days.

Soon.;)

Edit: Should be solved by now.

Edit:The update will be here in a couple days, It needs to be tested to avoid any occurrences in regular use.
    @Zeroemd,
    Well I have been using this rom for almost 6 hours now. Got my first ril bug in2 days. Have changed my baseband, should work fine now.

As usual, there are huge memory leaks which just bog down the system. But I guess thats happening with cm11 too.

Now,
    1) Please edit the build.prop in the next version and change "purgeable assets" to "0". Its 1 right now and on our defy that causes lags.
    2) Also the animation duration. Its 2x in Dev options, but after I changed it to .5x everything is flying.
    3) enabled zipalign and fix emissions in settings. :) This is what I love about this rom. I don't need 10 other scripts running or to be setup every time. This is far more flexible. :good:
    4) Xposed settings just fc's everytime for no reason.

All in all, after making some small changes, the rom is flying. It gives random reboots once in a while but that also happens on cm11 for me.

Its great that you are continuing this. This rom is flying right now. I am going to be using this as my daily driver :D

Launcher fc's for no reason sometimes, especially when the uninstall option is selected.

Will keep posting here as I keep using it. So far this is the smoothest KK rom on our defy yet. even smoother than slimbean.

Will do. Thanks for the feedback.

@Zeroemd

I think this can be fixed (having better sound with walkman) will look into it.

One question:

The ROM should be overclocked by default, will check into that.

Is the weather widget in this ROM the same animated one found in the Z series?

Yes, at least it is supposed to be the same one.