Only one speaker playing when incoming call!!

Search This thread

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
I don't know were you live but my ringtone is more then loud enough. Living in Berlin

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk

Seifer1975

Dec 4, 2006
Singapore
I find it funny that the Z2 is getting bashed up here over things which are strangely trivial and which also exist in other phones..

1. Battery performance - It astounds me that a phone that can do 7 hours SOT is getting bashed up for poor battery consumption?!! I confirm that on my Z2, I can do at least 5 hours SOT everyday. I cannot really confirm how much I can really stretch it because I cannot exhaust the battery every day. The most I can get to is 5 hours SOT at the end of the day with about 25% left, and I have to sleep already (I always charge my phone overnight while I sleep). And that is with no stamina mode, LTE always, bluetooth on (and connected to both headset and smartwatch for ~10 hours) and location services always on. I have a friend who owns the HTC M8 and he struggles to get even 4 hours SOT.

2. 2 speakers but only 1 is used for ringtones - For the longest time possible, we have always happily lived with phones that have only 1 speaker. Suddenly, because Z2 gave us 2 speakers, it suddenly becomes an issue that ringtones come through only 1 speaker...a case of too much, too much perhaps?

3. I also read about people who complain about the issues faced by Z1 after the Android 4.4.2 upgrades. These happen all the time. FYI, there were many complains from Note II users after the 4.3 upgrade as well. What is worse is Z1 users can still complain about the 4.4.2 upgrades, Note 2 and 3 users are still sucking thumbs waiting...

The Z2 is a one hella solid phone to get. For ppl who jumped ship because of these, the loss is only yours.

Above are my $0.02. No hard feeling is intended. :laugh:

Pr20

Jul 20, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Just one thing about the above post.

The one m8 is getting great battery life with most SOT of 6 hrs with a few as high as 7 and few 5 hrs. My wife is getting 6 hrs so far since we bought it 3 days ago. It looks like z2 also has very good battery life.

I myself am waiting for the z2 here in US. God knows if it will even make it here.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
I find it funny that the Z2 is getting bashed up here over things which are strangely trivial and which also exist in other phones..

2. 2 speakers but only 1 is used for ringtones - For the longest time possible, we have always happily lived with phones that have only 1 speaker. Suddenly, because Z2 gave us 2 speakers, it suddenly becomes an issue that ringtones come through only 1 speaker...a case of too much, too much perhaps?

Well, for myself, I did mention that ringtone from 1 speaker is good enough for me (I tend to use high-pitched tones).
Now I also do agree that although it has 2 speakers, they are pretty weak. I would rather have that single Galaxy S4 speaker anytime over this weaker stereo ones in Z2.

Now.. I'm not sure if the OP was talking about ringtones or speakerphone. But like I mention in my previous post, the speakerphone uses only 1 speaker. That's really weak and it's difficult to listen to the other party, esp over diff ambient noise. There is no safety issue on firing up 2 speakers.. so why don't they just do that?

richlam

Jan 9, 2008
Well, for myself, I did mention that ringtone from 1 speaker is good enough for me (I tend to use high-pitched tones).
Now I also do agree that although it has 2 speakers, they are pretty weak. I would rather have that single Galaxy S4 speaker anytime over this weaker stereo ones in Z2.

Now.. I'm not sure if the OP was talking about ringtones or speakerphone. But like I mention in my previous post, the speakerphone uses only 1 speaker. That's really weak and it's difficult to listen to the other party, esp over diff ambient noise. There is no safety issue on firing up 2 speakers.. so why don't they just do that?

I beg to differ. I'd had an HTC One M7 for about a year and I was very pleased with its dual front speakers. However, when I cut over to the Z2, I found the speakers to be just as good and loud. Ringtone wise, I use the same one I used for the HTC One, though it's a bit softer with one speaker when comparing to the HTC One, it's plenty loud for all practical purposes. Z2 has been every bit of an upgrade in all departments for me especially the camera not to mention the look and the built quality!

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
I beg to differ. I'd had an HTC One M7 for about a year and I was very pleased with its dual front speakers. However, when I cut over to the Z2, I found the speakers to be just as good and loud. Ringtone wise, I use the same one I used for the HTC One, though it's a bit softer with one speaker when comparing to the HTC One, it's plenty loud for all practical purposes. Z2 has been every bit of an upgrade in all departments for me especially the camera not to mention the look and the built quality!

So, have you used the speakerphone.. talking to someone over the speakers yet? Tell me how you think of it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yea... speakerphone for calls is ridiculously low.

Could you please post your findings to the Sony support forums for visibility?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    I believe it's a safety precaution. It doesn't happen often but sometimes you can get calls while you still have the phone at the ear (it happened to me only twice during the years).
    If the phone rings at that moment it could be really dangerous for your ears.
    I believe that's the reason most phones nowadays have the speaker on the bottom or rear bottom of the phone.
    Since I don't have the phone yet, I'm only interested about the loudness of the lower speaker.
    Can someone tell us if it's easily audible when the phone rings?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Oppo N1 | Nexus 7 (2013) | Note 10.1 (2014)
    Smartwatch 2

I think sony need us to buy the smartwatch 2 or smartband for feel the vibration alert when incoming call rather than to hear the sound.

that why sony said (Details make the different ).

SONY GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    I'm pretty sure Sony is deliberately turning off the top speaker due to smart call function. I will try tonight to see if there is any effect with smart call off.

1. Battery performance - It astounds me that a phone that can do 7 hours SOT is getting bashed up for poor battery consumption?!! I confirm that on my Z2, I can do at least 5 hours SOT everyday. I cannot really confirm how much I can really stretch it because I cannot exhaust the battery every day. The most I can get to is 5 hours SOT at the end of the day with about 25% left, and I have to sleep already (I always charge my phone overnight while I sleep). And that is with no stamina mode, LTE always, bluetooth on (and connected to both headset and smartwatch for ~10 hours) and location services always on. I have a friend who owns the HTC M8 and he struggles to get even 4 hours SOT.

3. I also read about people who complain about the issues faced by Z1 after the Android 4.4.2 upgrades. These happen all the time. FYI, there were many complains from Note II users after the 4.3 upgrade as well. What is worse is Z1 users can still complain about the 4.4.2 upgrades, Note 2 and 3 users are still sucking thumbs waiting...

The Z2 is a one hella solid phone to get. For ppl who jumped ship because of these, the loss is only yours.

Above are my $0.02. No hard feeling is intended. :laugh: