[Q] TWRP backup

Search This thread

bruteoutlawz

May 9, 2014
Hi

So i just installed TWRP and did a backup to my external sd card. Then rooted it with no issues. I have now copied the twrp backup to my pc, is it ok to delete the backup from my external sd card?

M

moonbutt74

twrp backup

Hi

So i just installed TWRP and did a backup to my external sd card. Then rooted it with no issues. I have now copied the twrp backup to my pc, is it ok to delete the backup from my external sd card?

hey,
if you copy the twrp directory from the top then i suppose
but honestly, keep your backup where it is, it just seems wiser
bye

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
I keep all my backups on my PC (I have multiple going back several weeks/months) . The choice is up to you where to keep your backups. There is a possibility that you might format your SD card by mistake. So keeping multiple copies is not a bad idea. I personally keep nothing on my SD card. It is there as a "go between" the PC and the Tablet if I do not have my cable with me.

So your call; PC, Tablet internal storage, SD Card, or any combination of those.

Reactions: bruteoutlawz

bruteoutlawz

May 9, 2014
I keep all my backups on my PC (I have multiple going back several weeks/months) . The choice is up to you where to keep your backups. There is a possibility that you might format your SD card by mistake. So keeping multiple copies is not a bad idea. I personally keep nothing on my SD card. It is there as a "go between" the PC and the Tablet if I do not have my cable with me.

So your call; PC, Tablet internal storage, SD Card, or any combination of those.

Thanks pal, just wanted to make sure before i deleted it off my external sd. :)

M

moonbutt74

good call, i forgot about that, thanks

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
Here is one more thing I do. Before attempting anything new that might cause problems with the tablet, I will put the most current backup in the download folder of internal memory. Then, if anything goes wrong and for some reason I can't access the SD card or cannot connect to the PC via the USB port, then I can go to TWRP and restore the tablet from internal memory. It is just a failsafe procedure. And, I will always backup before adding any new apps. If the apps work then I will back up again so I have a restore with the new apps added.

One can never have too many backups.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.