[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

porkchopexpress

Oct 4, 2011
Fresno, CA
Great, thanks for the info! How about for the stock ROM? I don't really want to loose everything now, then again when ICS is fully released.

I still had a stock ROM when I did it, but I didn't lose any data from it. Some people seem to lose data from their SD cards, but when I was done everything was as it should be. I made a backup of my SD card just in case, but ended up not needing it. I am not sure what causes some peoples SD cards to get erased, but not others though.

Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
dumb question coming....all i need is a paperclip for this to work(well as far as needed tools?

sorry im new to the amaze and its so mch different than getting supercid or soff on my g2

is it better to have a plastic coated paperclip?

please dont kill me for this question

rtaz79

Aug 15, 2009
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can we achieve S-off now if we are already running the new Ics update?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

fear20056

Nov 2, 2009
Baghdad
When I did the S-off method I thought that will unlock the network to use another sim card but it's the same
So I unlocked the bootloader, root my phone and s-off it and after all of that it still sim locked

sanchitgrover

Jun 24, 2008
New York
dumb question coming....all i need is a paperclip for this to work(well as far as needed tools?

sorry im new to the amaze and its so mch different than getting supercid or soff on my g2

is it better to have a plastic coated paperclip?

please dont kill me for this question

Yeah a plastic coated one works ..
U wont be killed for the question just hit thanx :D

Reactions: Spastic909

domin8

Jun 28, 2010
San Diego (619)
alright so i dont know what i'm doing wrong. I had to reformat my laptop a while ago so i lost all my drivers and stuff so i'm trying to redo it all right now. I installed java, android SDK, got the HTC drivers from the AIO app, flashed stock recovery with AIO, flashed stock t-mboile kernel, plugged in my phone and ran the bear app. it started, rebooted the phone, and then i get "connect device and install drivers, press ENTER to exit.." and the phone sits at the htc splash screen. If i power the phone down, it wont launch to the OS now, only to the 'relocked' screen. How do i Get past this point, i feel like im missing something simple? should i have some file on my phone itself? im feeling dejected haha

can someone help me?

can someone help me?
if your bootloader is "re-locked" then you need to follow the steps mentioned in this thread multiple times about how to get back into recovery, then you need to HTC Dev UNLOCK your phone again, and start over...

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

When I did the S-off method I thought that will unlock the network to use another sim card but it's the same
So I unlocked the bootloader, root my phone and s-off it and after all of that it still sim locked
sim lock is completely different, just buy an unlock code from ebay, they are like 3.50USD or cheaper... then all you need is a non-TMO sim card to reboot with, then it will ask you for the unlock code...

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
does it matter what length? i read the smaller ones were a better option

I used a small paper clip cuz the hole is tiny, and just wrapped it with electrical tape and it worked on the first try with v0.1. I read the thread and all these people were having problems with v0.2 so I went with the older one, it did wipe my SD but I had it backed up so no biggie. I would back up both internal and external memory just to be safe.
Also watching the video that djannes posted quite a few pages back helped, I counted just like in the video, did a few dry runs before actually attempting it too lol. Worked like a charm

domin8

Jun 28, 2010
San Diego (619)
if your bootloader is "re-locked" then you need to follow the steps mentioned in this thread multiple times about how to get back into recovery, then you need to HTC Dev UNLOCK your phone again, and start over...

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

sim lock is completely different, just buy an unlock code from ebay, they are like 3.50USD or cheaper... then all you need is a non-TMO sim card to reboot with, then it will ask you for the unlock code...
oh god damnit i thought i needed to lock it :lol: ok i'm gonna mess with it some more. Thanks, I took a hiatus from the forum so i'm a little rusty

hzm82

Oct 14, 2006
does it matter what length? i read the smaller ones were a better option

Shorter in length worked better for me. When I didn't cut the paper clip in half, sometimes making the contact didn't result in Grounding of the pin. After it was cut 2/3 -1/2 in length it gave a consistent contact every touch.

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
:mad:So is there a reason that every time I try and run control bear it doesnt start up, and it disappears so I have to extract it all over and start again? I don't understand why I can run ADB commands with no problem, but this refuses to run. I have gotten it to say old beer detected once, and then the window just closes before it does anything. I have it in the same folder as ADB and fastboot etc. I've been using ADB and such since the g1 days, so not a total noob. I've tried it from my desktop and from the root of my C: drive. What am I doing wrong?

I had this happen as well and it turned out that my Norton software was seeing controlbear as a threat so I had to go make an exception for it then it ran just fine.

Reactions: musky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions and Downloads:

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

Support:

Support for our tools is via IRC channel #unlimited on freenode ONLY. If you do not have an IRC client you can use this link.

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website: http://unlimited.io

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    Place your Prerequisites
    on the main page of your site... Simple[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Stop your *****in... Its your fault you didn't take precaution and read the instructions. Stop blaming this on the people that put there hard work into giving you s off just because you ****ed up
    This works great, will donate my pledge since my Amaze is now s-off!! First thing I did was flash this splash...NO MOAR WHITE!!!!

uwuQU.png

It is attached, unzip and then it be can flashed via fastboot;

Code:
    fastboot splash splash1 splash_black.img
    I think having the proper "tools" makes this really simple... also the timing... so here let me try and help those who are having some issues...

1. there are normally two sizes of paper clip, large and small, if you can find a small paper clip with plastic coating this is ideal... keeping the paper clip "flat" just kind of "unroll" it open, then just strip 1/4" off each end, now bend the shortest end 90 degrees down, then bend the paper clip to be "open" from the 90 degree tip, to the other end to be wide enough that you can stick the bent part into the hole, and then just by "rocking" the paper clip a little you can touch the other end to the ground point... now you are ready
    2. if you're really worried about the plastic not being enough insulation then use something like electrical tape where you will grip the paper clip, or use a small potato chip bag clip to hold the paper clip with
    3. start the program
    4. go ahead and stick the bent end of the paper clip in the hole, but DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND yet...
    5. wait for the prompt to do the wire trick
    6. touch and swipe the end of the paper clip across the ground, if you don't hear the sound from USB connect/disconnect then you haven't gotten the first touch to "connect" keep trying until you hear this sound
    7. AFTER hearing this sound wait the 1.5-1.75 secs, and touch/swipe the paper clip again... you should be good to go now...

I just found the wire I was using at first just not stiff enough to make a good connection... this worked on the first try for me!
    I made a little video for people who wanted something to see first, before they try it.

thanks to everyone in the JuopunutBear IRC chat for the support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUDSwQbCVF8&feature=youtu.be