[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][Ville] PAC-ROM KK RELEASE [HTC One S]

Should I add a custom Kernel to this rom? Leave a comment which one you would like.

• Yes

Votes: 48 78.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

fbihawk

Apr 25, 2012
Olathe, KS
I don't know if others are getting this or not but I am still getting the screen tearing on every version if this Rom. It's always in the top half of the screen and seems to be a little worse in this latest version. Any ideas?

travisjustin

Jan 27, 2013
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v21.0.1~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ - OTA updates (3/14/13)

I don't know if others are getting this or not but I am still getting the screen tearing on every version if this Rom. It's always in the top half of the screen and seems to be a little worse in this latest version. Any ideas?

Have you done a full system wipe or just been dirty flashing? I think disabling hardware overlays in Dev options can fix it if nothing else (that's worked for me on other ROMs, never had tearing on this one)

Sent from my Paranoid 3.1 Nexus7 running M-Kernel

atrus5

May 12, 2011
Saskatoon
OnePlus 7

I am getting the same thing. It seems that the stock kernel isn't getting that issue fixed. The only suggestion I can say for now is to use bubba kernel 3.6b. I using 3.6b oc on mine with the latest pac and the tearing at the top is gone. Plus its great on battery. Even at full over clock. Go figure.

bballcat03

Jan 25, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v21.0.1~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ - OTA updates (3/14/13)

Any way to get HTC sync to work with this so i can get my iTunes on here?

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

Mohib86

Oct 15, 2012
Hi! After flashing this ROM my phone is not starting? It just shows HTC logo and shuts off!!
Kindly help!!!
It shows Tampered in the recovery/boot menu!! :(

Last edited:

Monkeywoman

Dec 11, 2010
Ottawa
I installed this rom last night after preping my phone for install, I was unable to get s-off because it's hard to do so. Followed instructions to the tee, first loaded FlashGUI on to the stock rom, then mounted the zip with FlashGUI, once it was done extracting the kernel reboted into recovery, wiped system only, installed zip with romcontrol zip and gapps with clockworkmod, once that was done I went straight back into the boot loader fastboot usb and ran the boot.img. once that was all done I rebooted and let her take her time. took a good 3 min to boot but it did.

Issues: camera takes 10 sec between pressing the button and taking the picture. Carrier network displayed at 3g but I'm on an LTE network. With no recent apps open 464mb used and 206mb ram free.

Pros: when I went to sleep battery was at 60%- 8 hours later at 58%. feel smooth. I like how there is no bloatware pre installed.

Con: overall this rom seems to be the best for the s4 in terms of stability, batt usage and version (4.2.2) I will be using this rom as daily driver.

alphaeagle777

Feb 21, 2009
Port Richey

He also may need to update the radio

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

atrus5

May 12, 2011
Saskatoon
OnePlus 7
I installed this rom last night after preping my phone for install, I was unable to get s-off because it's hard to do so. Followed instructions to the tee, first loaded FlashGUI on to the stock rom, then mounted the zip with FlashGUI, once it was done extracting the kernel reboted into recovery, wiped system only, installed zip with romcontrol zip and gapps with clockworkmod, once that was done I went straight back into the boot loader fastboot usb and ran the boot.img. once that was all done I rebooted and let her take her time. took a good 3 min to boot but it did.

Issues: camera takes 10 sec between pressing the button and taking the picture. Carrier network displayed at 3g but I'm on an LTE network. With no recent apps open 464mb used and 206mb ram free.

Pros: when I went to sleep battery was at 60%- 8 hours later at 58%. feel smooth. I like how there is no bloatware pre installed.

Con: overall this rom seems to be the best for the s4 in terms of stability, batt usage and version (4.2.2) I will be using this rom as daily driver.

I would suggest doing a factory reset as well as wiping system. There might something in the data that is causing your camera to go slow. That is very weird cause on mine it takes pictures very fast.

You don't need to fastboot flash your boot.img after using flashgui. It does all that for you. Just use flashgui, reboot to recovery, wipe system, do factory reset only if needed and flash the rom and gapps. reboot after and let settle and all should be good. Those are my steps and works like a charm every time.

Reactions: Monkeywoman

Aussi

Oct 29, 2007
Utrecht
Xiaomi Mi A3
Folks I got a little problem....

I tried to flash the latest PAC man rom.
I first flashed the boot.img but after that it rebooted and is stuck in boot animation screen.

I cant remember which PACman rom I flashed before that so I dont know which boot.img is correct to flash...

Anyone know a solution to this so I can get past the looping boot animation...:(

travisjustin

Jan 27, 2013

Folks I got a little problem....

I tried to flash the latest PAC man rom.
I first flashed the boot.img but after that it rebooted and is stuck in boot animation screen.

I cant remember which PACman rom I flashed before that so I dont know which boot.img is correct to flash...

Anyone know a solution to this so I can get past the looping boot animation...:(

Hold power and volume down to reboot into the boot loader. From there boot into recovery flash the most current version, mount the SD card, pull the boot.IMG from your pc, boot back into boot loader and fastboot flash boot boot.img

Aussi

Oct 29, 2007
Utrecht
Xiaomi Mi A3
Sad enough I cant get in to recovery via bootloader...... So I cant flash the rom that way, also "fastboot flash zip" wont work and fails because of remote: not allowed error?

travisjustin

Jan 27, 2013

Sad enough I cant get in to recovery via bootloader...... So I cant flash the rom that way, also "fastboot flash zip" wont work and fails because of remote: not allowed error?

Why can't you boot to recovery from bootloader? Are you putting the phone into fastboot before issuing the command? You have to use the volume keys to navigate and power to select fastboot. You can use fastboot to boot to recovery if you really can't select boot to recovery. "Fastboot reboot recovery". If you need more details on fastboot/adb there are plenty of guides. If you still can't figure it out, use a toolkit, it will issue the commands for you.

And just in case, the command is "fastboot flash boot boot.IMG" not flash zip. The boot.IMG needs to be in the same directory as the fastboot on your PC. I'm guessing you know that though since you've flashed ROMs before, just being thorough ;)

Last edited:

bstylz911

Jan 10, 2009
Las Vegas

Is there a way we can make a long press back button kill apps

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header_Glass.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots_Glass.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features_Glass.png

Features.png

Disclaimer_Glass.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

How_to_Install_Glass.png

* Download the ROM and GApps

* Reboot to recovery

* Wipe data/factory reset

* Flash the ROM and then GApps

* Reboot your phone

* Enjoy

How_to_Update_Glass.png

* Download the latest version

* Reboot to recovery

* Flash the ROM

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache

* Reboot your phone

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM

Not_Working_Glass.png

Other_Info_Glass.png

* If on s-on you will need to flash the boot.img. You can either use flash image gui or 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' from terminal.
    * We are on weekly build so you can find the latest build in the 'dev' directory as well as selecting 'dev' in 'ota rom updates' on your phone. This will happen until weekly builds are working from server.

Download_Glass.png

Websites_Glass.png

Credits_Glass.png

* Cyanogen Team

* AOKP Team

* Paranoid Android

* PAC-ROM Team

* SlimRoms

* RootBox

* Carbon ROM

* Vanir

* ChameleonOS

* Omnirom

* Paranoid SaberDroid

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names)

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names)

* And of course, thank you for your love and support!

Support_Glass.png

Help with server costs

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

New build being uploading. Changes include:

Fix to headphones being too loud in some cases.
    Fix to random fast boots. Fix by rmbq. Big thanks goes to him.
    Fix to auto brightness adjust. This crashed settings when you pressed it. No more.
    Fix for governors. I am hoping this will fix the battery issues for some. Let me know if you think it is better or not.
    Let me know if anything else is fixed or not working. Camera seems great.
    I don't remember off hand right now what else were bugs. Sorry, need sleep.

Peace
    Working Pac 4.4

If anyone is still out there. I have a working on my phone build of pac 4.4. If anyone would like to try it to see if it works on there phone. here is the link

Pac 4.4

I'm excstatic that it actually works.

I did wiping of cache, dalvik, system, data. I used the gapps from the op. I'm using twrp 2.7.0.0

I hope it works for you.
    Thought you might want to see this.
    Brand new build. I know everyone will be excited to hear that Pac-5.0 is on it's way. No ETAs of course.

https://s.basketbuild.com/dl/devs?dl=pacman/ville/dev/pac_ville_KK.RC-3.dev_20141123-104057.zip