[MOD] HBBTweaks v32 (11/23) - battery and performance

Search This thread

juanchotazo99

May 9, 2013
Nice. Once I get my S advance back (it's been lent to someone, and for the time being I'm on a moto G) I'll give this a try and report. That could take quite a while though, but looking through the scripts, they look promising.

The only thing I see could cause problems, for example, is having the GPU at 720 mhz on the full version... I know my i9070's GPU craps out at 700 mhz while 680 mhz is stable (once I play a 3D game, 2D usage is fine). Can I just decompress the full zip, go to the script itself, change the value for 720 mhz to 680 mhz (idx=20 if memory serves), save it with notepad++ to avoid windows based editors, zip it back (no compression, just a container) and flash? Or does this kind of zip require to be signed or something?

edit: I haven't checked the other two versions with less overclocking, probably these are the solution to what I'm asking but I'd like to be able to edit the full version myself if possible.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: fbs and 1asbak1

1asbak1

Feb 4, 2013
I would love such version. Having the same problems here. Maybe op can make a alternative version C? =)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Nice. Once I get my S advance back (it's been lent to someone, and for the time being I'm on a moto G) I'll give this a try and report. That could take quite a while though, but looking through the scripts, they look promising.

The only thing I see could cause problems, for example, is having the GPU at 720 mhz on the full version... I know my i9070's GPU craps out at 700 mhz while 680 mhz is stable (once I play a 3D game, 2D usage is fine). Can I just decompress the full zip, go to the script itself, change the value for 720 mhz to 680 mhz (idx=20 if memory serves), save it with notepad++ to avoid windows based editors, zip it back (no compression, just a container) and flash? Or does this kind of zip require to be signed or something?

edit: I haven't checked the other two versions with less overclocking, probably these are the solution to what I'm asking but I'd like to be able to edit the full version myself if possible.

Thanks.

Ofcourse it is possible, this is collection of init.d scripts. Open zip, find where it is written, change it - put it back and flash.

Reactions: fbs

fbs

Jun 22, 2007
not in brazil

Yeah, you can edit with notepad++ (that's what I use) and reduce the idx from inside the .zip (system/init.d/z1hbbkern) itself or you can edit the script via any text editor (app or adb/shell) in the phone itself.. the file "z1hbbkern" will be inside the /system/etc/init.d folder

ps.: "es file explorer" is a good option, with root options enabled, of course (R/W to /system)

Last edited:

1asbak1

Feb 4, 2013
Does this mod remove novathor settings from the rom? I cant find it after installing the zipp

Reactions: coffeecore

AltamashAN

Jul 25, 2012
My phone doesn't even boot after flashing v27 . though v26 works good. Good job bro.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

coffeecore

Dec 6, 2013
Does this mod remove novathor settings from the rom? I cant find it after installing the zipp

Thanks, I also think so..

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

My phone doesn't even boot after flashing v27 . though v26 works good. Good job bro.

Try again, should boot

AltamashAN

Jul 25, 2012
Tried like 2 times .while booting phone hangs then restarts.

fbs

Jun 22, 2007
not in brazil

Yes, it removes because "novathor settings" will undo most of the options this mod changes.. May I ask what options would you modify with it? You can easily reinstall it if you really want anyway...

Reactions: 1asbak1

1asbak1

Feb 4, 2013
he thanks for your reply,for example deep sleep mode.
but maybe your mod already puts that one to 4. idk

thanks.

coffeecore

Dec 6, 2013
@fbs

I love your script, but something makes it (for me) unusable.

I've tested it so everyone should have it,

The volume steps are not correct anymore, for example:

When I put my in-ears in, the volume on steps 3/4 are like 10/11 NORMALLY, I hope you understand me.

It is because of the script because I've tested it on several ROM's.

After uninstalling everything was fine again.

EDIT: Can anyone also test this, just flash one of the scripts and after that reboot and plug in headphones and see if your volume steps are still correct.
After that flash uninstaller and see if bug is still present.

Last edited:

danielbulan97

Feb 19, 2013
Dej
Hi guys...

So i tested it on JB stock rom with cocore 9.8 kernel.
First hours worked well and smooth but now lately apps keep freezing or lagging alot, i always need to put out the battery or reboot it with the button... Im gonna unninstal the mod to see how it goes then cuz maybe its not the mod...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HBBTweaks is a package of Kernel and build.prop tweaks I've done (read, tested, benchmarked, saw the sources, etc) and shared on a Facebook group since version 1 (long time ago huh?)

Lots of users tested and most of them noticed improvements in battery life *and* performance, so I decided to publish here as you may find it helpful too..

It is just a .zip file you can install with CWM or TWRP the same way as you install a ROM. It should work on ALL ROMs but *I* have only tested it with CM10.x and CM11 ones. Don't worry, if anything goes wrong you can easily uninstall it and everything will be reverted.

WARNING: it will activate some overclocking (cpu: 1050mhz, gpu: 700mhz) and undervolting *if* your Kernel is able to, so your phone may get unstable if it's not as GOOD as mine, LOL.

If you get some reboots after installing it, try the alternate versions.. First try a1, then try a2. They won't save as MUCH battery as the original one but you'll definitively notice improvements as this isn't just a "switch-on-the-OC script" !!

Download link: http://d-h.st/iuT (Multi-installer, with two "alternate" versions and uninstaller included)

See if your phone gets a bit more responsive and if your battery life is better then post your thoughts here :D

CHANGELOG

31 -> 32
    abyssplug or pegasusqplus as default
    faster gpu clock reaction
    sqlite3 and zipalign updated
    touchboost to 800mhz with 200ms duration (default was 500ms)
    higher intervals for the kernel scheduler
    won't save any modified data to mmc/sd for up to 5m
    tweaked abyssplug and pegasusq
    won't disable zram, instead will use it more if it's already enabled

30 -> 31
    sqlite3 included to optimize some databases
    other minor tweaks
    don't forget to reinstall it after any rom update!

29 -> 30
    it tries to disable zram giving better performance and battery
    ext4 and sioplus tweaks!
    abyssplug by default, tweaked also

28 -> 29
    kernel's sched_* back to default. better performance
    testing some ext4 tweaks

27 -> 28
    Aroma installer providing 2 alternate installation options and an uninstaller.
    10.1 (and MIUI) compatible
    Different swappiness and page-cluster values for zRam swapping or "normal" swapping
    ddr_opp set to 100%, don't know if it will stick. it's faster here.
    tweaked the way minfree is set and also the mounting options

26 -> 27
    A typo (while I was translating) was preventing undervolting.. that's why nobody complained about reboots with the full version.. lol

XDA:DevDB Information
    HBBTweaks, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070

Contributors
    fbs

Version Information

Created 2014-06-16
    Last Updated 2014-11-25
    Hi everybody!!! i flashed Resurrection Remix Lollipop 5.11 by PolishVodka (http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s-advance/development/rom-ressurection-remix-v5-5-4-t3190104) plus HBBTweaks (full option) and this was the best perfomance ever, good stability, apps in general are in function as well, i've been testing Shazam and Angry Birds Transformers that lags a lot in other roms. Battery still draining fast unfortunately. I put more two command lines on build.prop that i read that improves battery durability (pm.sleep_mode=1 and ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0). Thanks fbs for the great work!!!
    v30 not removing "novathor settings" anymore. I just don't know if hbbtweaks settings will at least SHOW UP in "novathor settings" as set.

example: hbbtweks sets deepsleep to 4 by default every time your phone is started. But when you open novathor settings, will it show as 4?
    Flashed On MIUI V5 Get Bootloop :rolleyes:
    BTW Thank For The Hard Work :D

I just installed it on miuiv5 and it really crashes while booting.. I'm trying to find out why. Manually running hbbtweaks after booting doesn't seem to cause any harm, in fact it made the ROM a lot faster/responsive.. (I think this is good news for you, right? ;))

I'll try to fix it for v28, which will also use Aroma installer. :victory: