[Voodoo Lagfix] : Play Voodoo with STOCK ECLAIR / FROYO kernels! - UPDATE : JM9 , JPM

Search This thread

jodue

Dec 15, 2009
vienna
yeah, awesome: voodoo awesome-ness + jm9-kernel make a perfekt device :D, thx!

edit: hm, not so great: this update.zip unrooted my device and clockwork-recovery is still not working ... :(

Last edited:

Kilack

Jul 2, 2010
yeah, awesome: voodoo awesome-ness + jm9-kernel make a perfekt device :D, thx!

edit: hm, not so great: this update.zip unrooted my device and clockwork-recovery is still not working ... :(

the clockwork part is a known issue is it not? its clearly stated on the voodoo page that if you want to use clockwork you first have to reverse the ext4.

razze76

Sep 24, 2010
I went ahead yesterday and installed the JM9 found in another thread and then this Stock kernel Voodoo lagfix. The phone is snappy and fairly easy on power as well, but I can no longer access facebook - either from the Samsung app "Feeds and updates" or the Facebook S! - i get a "Network connection error". Everything else web-based is working, and also FB over the browser is working. I could not find any comments on this, so am I the only one?

razze76

Sep 24, 2010
I went ahead yesterday and installed the JM9 found in another thread and then this Stock kernel Voodoo lagfix. The phone is snappy and fairly easy on power as well, but I can no longer access facebook - either from the Samsung app "Feeds and updates" or the Facebook S! - i get a "Network connection error". Everything else web-based is working, and also FB over the browser is working. I could not find any comments on this, so am I the only one?

...and a few hours later the FB once again contacts the server and works as it should. I have not done any configuration changes whatsoever??

At least this problem is solved for now

Robse86

Jun 15, 2010
Hi Guys,

so as far as I understand this Kernel uses the NILFS2 filesystem, so if I overwrite my current Voodoo pre6 kernel with ext4 it wouldnt work right?

Is there a chance @dkcldark that u can make a Stock Froyo JP6 Kernel with the Voodoo pre6 ext4 system?

Would be really nice :D

thx

s88

Nov 27, 2009
isit possible to integrate the startup script hacks and ram hack into this rom

ashwinds

Aug 10, 2010
Hi Guys,

so as far as I understand this Kernel uses the NILFS2 filesystem, so if I overwrite my current Voodoo pre6 kernel with ext4 it wouldnt work right?

Is there a chance @dkcldark that u can make a Stock Froyo JP6 Kernel with the Voodoo pre6 ext4 system?

Would be really nice :D

thx
This started with nilfs support, but that was removed soon enough and it presenly supports ext4.

It should work ok if you overwrite your voodoo pre6 kernel, but it contains the kernel changes only upto pre4 in voodoo.

Robse86

Jun 15, 2010
Yeah I tried it, worked without problems :). Cant really see a difference between pre6 and sotck pre4 right now.

I thought the battery drain with the stock kernel will get less, but its the same as with voodoo pre6 kernel. Within 9h I got about 14% batteryloss, wifi turned on. With Wifi turned off I have about 9%. Is this normal?

So to be exact, GPS, Bluetooth etc. is all turned off, expect Wifi. there are 4 5 Services additionally in the background, added to the stock ones.

Last question, how is yr Batter drain with HDSPA turned on? I have the feeling that mine is pretty high about 2% an hour, without usage.

thx

ashwinds

Aug 10, 2010
Yeah I tried it, worked without problems :). Cant really see a difference between pre6 and sotck pre4 right now.

I thought the battery drain with the stock kernel will get less, but its the same as with voodoo pre6 kernel. Within 9h I got about 14% batteryloss, wifi turned on. With Wifi turned off I have about 9%. Is this normal?

So to be exact, GPS, Bluetooth etc. is all turned off, expect Wifi. there are 4 5 Services additionally in the background, added to the stock ones.

Last question, how is yr Batter drain with HDSPA turned on? I have the feeling that mine is pretty high about 2% an hour, without usage.

thx
i think 14% drain over 9 hours is pretty good. Very good :)

HSDPA far as i know depends on quality of signal - if its bad, it drains more. If your HSDPA is draining and your wifi is not, you could change wifi sleep policy to "never sleep" so that it wont go to HSDPA.

Robse86

Jun 15, 2010
Oh well then Im satisfied :D, right now Im about to test the Super optimized Kernel, everything cool so far, just the market download wont work proper anymore, anyone a solution? I already deleted the market setup :).

Yes I think I´ll try the never sleep trick :) thx

HiTorque

Oct 7, 2010
I tried to remove this JM8+Voodoo fix preparing for official Froyo by inserting disable lagfix folder into Voodoo and rebooting. The fix gone as I checked Quadrant score and I deleted Voodoo folder. When I rebooted it once again the voice said - converting to EXT4 again. What was happening? I deleted update.zip long time ago from internal SD card. Did I miss factory reset here?

Last edited:

babywu33

Dec 27, 2010
am i suppose to unzip the file then rename the unzipped file as update.zip and put it into
/sdcard ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wow, you are still using JF3? I'd recommend an update to JM9. i'm sure this will fix your problems :D

Nah, I've waited for FroYo for so freaking long now that it would feel like giving up if I upgraded to JM9 :D

It should be here any day.. I mean weak.. erm.. month now! No matter when it comes out, I'm sure by that time everybody will be screeming out for Gingerbread. Or, as we know Samsung, possibly even Honeycomb... OK, sorry for the desperate off topic post...