[Q] iCade not pairing

Search This thread

reycat

Sep 14, 2007
Hi, everybody.

I recently got an LG G Pad 8.3 as a present and, instead of retiring or giving away my Nexus 10 I decided to give it a second life as an emulator machine.

I bought an iCade Core, downloaded Mame4Droid and... nothing. I can't pair the iCade with any of my Android devices (LG G Pad, LG G2 or Nexus 10). It asks for the pairing code but it's not recognised (every button in the iCade is supposed to be a number while you are pairing).

When I try to pair with my wife's iPad Air or my son's iPad 2 it works flawlessly (it doesn't ask for any code, 'though).

I'm currently on 4.3. I read somewhere that 4.2.2 broke Bluetooth for certain devices, and was ready to try a downgrade to 4.1.2, but then I remembered that the N10 shipped after that :)

Has anybody had any luck trying to make the iCade work? I don't mind having to flash whatever firmware, since I've everything up and running in the new tablet. I'm willing to go to 4.4, 4.4.2, back to 4.2.2... But I'd prefer to know in advance if there is any solution.

I've read people having success with an app called Bluez IME, but I keep getting a "bt connet socket error" or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind. After days of trying without success, I followed the instructions in this thread for the Nth time and it worked!

Last edited: