[Q] Install apps on external storage, CM9

Search This thread

babyrammer

Feb 9, 2013
I am running Cyanogenmod 9.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, WiFi IR version. Does anyone definitively know how to run your apps from the external SD card? I have tried numerous workarounds but all have failed to produce any results, I have no idea where the problem even resides. Thanks.

S

sawdoctor

I've the same problem with directory bind, its an issue with the multi user on the ROMs. The emulated SD card messes everything up I think

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

babyrammer

Feb 9, 2013
I think you might be right, that seems to be the error I get when I try to use App 2 SD.

I went and got Link 2 SD, followed all the instructions (partitioned my external SD into 2 primary FAT32 parts) and it told me I was able to move apps, but I get error messages whenever I try [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE] which I don't really understand, I have plenty of space.

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I think you might be right, that seems to be the error I get when I try to use App 2 SD.

I went and got Link 2 SD, followed all the instructions (partitioned my external SD into 2 primary FAT32 parts) and it told me I was able to move apps, but I get error messages whenever I try [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE] which I don't really understand, I have plenty of space.

Your second partition really needs to be ext3 or ext4. Primary partition fat32

babyrammer

Feb 9, 2013
Root2SD says in its instructions FAT32 should work, which is why I tried that first. When I did EXT3 and EXT4 it told me it couldn't mount it as it isn't compatible with my device :/ I even tried to manually mount it in Clockworkmod but even after that I got the same error messages.

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Root2SD says in its instructions FAT32 should work, which is why I tried that first. When I did EXT3 and EXT4 it told me it couldn't mount it as it isn't compatible with my device :/ I even tried to manually mount it in Clockworkmod but even after that I got the same error messages.

What are you using to partition your sdcard with? Hopefully not CWM. If you are, try TWRP instread. There is also a Windows tool "Mini Partition" I think that is also recommended for that task.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am running Cyanogenmod 9.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, WiFi IR version. Does anyone definitively know how to run your apps from the external SD card? I have tried numerous workarounds but all have failed to produce any results, I have no idea where the problem even resides. Thanks.

Have you tried Link2SD?