Unlocking bootloader tablet Z (Guide)

Search This thread

Aid777

Jul 31, 2012
North Yorkshire
Samsung Galaxy S21+
When unlocking the bootloader for the tablet Z i xperienced ;) some problems.
So I made a more extensive guide than the one from Sony

You can find it Here

Greetings!

Wow, that's a long guide. Is the main/only reason to unlock the bootloader to install custom roms (can't this be done with just root access?).
I have root, but don't really wish to install custom roms. I don't have the bootloader unlocked, but I know it can be unlocked

Sieth

Jul 29, 2008
why to unlock bootloader?

1. u can flash custom ROMs/Kernels
2. u dont need to worry if the new firmware can be rooted or not as with unlocked bootloader u can always ROOT ur device
3. Sony gives sneak-peaks/preview builds of latest OS which requires unlocked bootloaders, as they did with Xperia 2011/2012 line, so who knows may be Sony may give early builds of next android OS

;)

Reactions: b0joker

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
Thank you very much. This tutorial covered all the issues I ran into so I knew what to do.

Btw, the .bat for allowing unsigned drivers doesn't work on Windows 8. A quick google search helped me but maybe you might want to add that to your tutorial for other, less techy users.

I think it would be wise to mention not to forget to backup TA partition with DRM keys before bootloader unlock.

Wish I saw this post earlier. Oh well. :(

Last edited:

abbo76

Feb 26, 2014
any help

Hi all I have the lte tablet z. When I go to the service menu I can see it cant be unlocked. Dose that mean I cant root it to put a custom recoveryand custom Rom on it. Sorry to sound noob:confused:

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Hi all I have the lte tablet z. When I go to the service menu I can see it cant be unlocked. Dose that mean I cant root it to put a custom recoveryand custom Rom on it. Sorry to sound noob:confused:
if your bootloader can't be unlocked it means that you can root your device, but won't be able to install any custom firmware. But you can install XZDR recovery.

Last edited:

MikeViller

Jun 1, 2013
unlock bootloader on SGP312

Hi
any reason why after following all step to unlock the bootloader on my SGP312 I get lock in a boot loop.........
As soon as the boot animation start it freeze and the tab reboot........
Fastboot command work after Fastboot -i............... the PC show the amount of second........
I got my number from Sony to unlock...
Curiosity...........
Thanks.......

edwuard

Jul 29, 2013
Hi
any reason why after following all step to unlock the bootloader on my SGP312 I get lock in a boot loop.........
As soon as the boot animation start it freeze and the tab reboot........
Fastboot command work after Fastboot -i............... the PC show the amount of second........
I got my number from Sony to unlock...
Curiosity...........
Thanks.......
Bro if u fallow my link in htcmania is really good is working but this guy copy my work just follow the instructions in my link many users of htcmania unlock the bootloader of the tablet

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

You can find it Here

Greetings!
I don't say thank you for your copy, this is u steal my work u don't deserve nothing soon I will post my work from htcmania here

kingguff

Apr 10, 2011
Lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S10
Don't suppose anyone can help please. I am trying to unlock my bootloader. I have successfully connected to my computer by fastboot and everything is recognised and looks to be fine right up until I put the unlock command in and I get this error.

c:\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot devices
CB5A1WYECJ fastboot

c:\sdk\platform-tools>>fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xFBCD6A2B26CB8F88
'-i' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

c:\sdk\platform-tools>

its now starting to drive me crazy. Thanks very much in advance

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Don't suppose anyone can help please. I am trying to unlock my bootloader. I have successfully connected to my computer by fastboot and everything is recognised and looks to be fine right up until I put the unlock command in and I get this error.

its now starting to drive me crazy. Thanks very much in advance
Use Flashtool. It can automatically unlock bootloader. Only unlock code 0xFBCD6A2B26CB8F88 is needed.

Jay_Nz

Feb 4, 2013
Hamilton
Cant figure out which file to replace and where it is. Can get my tab to recognize in adb devices mode but nothing is coming up when i type fastboot devices in adb. It is not recognized. I am stuck. Any help will be appreciated. I have got unlock code and the usb inf file but no light further.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can find it Here

Greetings!

1. u can flash custom ROMs/Kernels
    2. u dont need to worry if the new firmware can be rooted or not as with unlocked bootloader u can always ROOT ur device
    3. Sony gives sneak-peaks/preview builds of latest OS which requires unlocked bootloaders, as they did with Xperia 2011/2012 line, so who knows may be Sony may give early builds of next android OS

;)
    Best guide I found online. Thanks!
    I think it would be wise to mention not to forget to backup TA partition with DRM keys before bootloader unlock.