[ROM][4.3] ChameleonOS v0.8_4.3 [EXPERIMENTAL]

Search This thread

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
I am clarifying that I do have a Kindle fire and that yes things in the android development forum have worked, Possibly not this thread though. I have found that there is a thread in the non HD thread this rom is available and will try that later today. Thank you for your time:D

Everything in this thread works. Nothing in any other subforum works.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda app-developers app

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
Works but freezes... just like all them.

Sent from my JellyBeer Fire HD

What do you mean freezes, is it like lagging and I found old 1.4ghz kernel

Edit: found out the hard way that old kernels don't work

XKPADf4.jpg

For your own custom Sig : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1922304 Made you click!

Last edited:

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010
What rom is this using for a base

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

seejeremy

Dec 18, 2011
Auburn, Al
I'm running the 9/16 nightly now and it runs pretty well. Had a few system ui crashes, but when I looked at Set CPU, I noticed it was maxed at 700 MHz. Up'd that to 1500 and it runs better. Still some lag here and there, but I like the look and feel of Chaos.

dagelo

Dec 15, 2012
Hello fellows,
this ROM is the smoothest ROM for kfhd. Thank you guys, excellent work. No freezes, no crashes, no long delay on defaults. Using cos-0.8_4.3-20130922-NIGHTLY-tate

The only problem is with second user. If i want to add new user /does not matter if restricted or not/, select all application that the user can manage, and go to the lock screen and select new user for login, system will start with crash every processes. So i cannot login with new user, also sleep button does not work. And the worst thing on it is that all installed application /which was installed with first, general user, are unaccessible/removed from device. Hope you have time and somehow fix this.

So, everything is fine with this ROM, but user management is completly buggy:)

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Great ROM. I like the color choice and capabilities, very stable too. Scored 10576 with Antutu. With setCPU set to 1500000, it maintains great stability and scores 12232 on interactive and 12289 on performance. Good stuff.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I wonder if having pie options are in the cards anytime for this ROM?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running 4.3 ChameleonOS using xda app-developers app

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

iofN5yAtlWHo7.png

Code:
    Disclaimer: Chameleon OS is currently in beta. While it runs very well,
    there may be things that are not completely functional. The development team is
    not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.
    opfeatures.gif

Launcher Features

· Folder icon styles: stacked, grid, or carousel
    · Folder sorting: alphabetically, reverse alphabetically, or by usage
    · Icon scaling in app drawer and on homescreen
    · Home screen previews, re-arrangable homescreens
    · Set default screen from previews layout
    · Add or remove homescreens from previews layout
    · Slide homescreens with a second finger while holding widgets and icons
    · Customizable gestures: slide up, slide down, pinch, and spread
    · Use only one homescreen or up to nine homescreens

Theme Manager

· Based on MIUI's theme engine
    · Mix and match different themes on the fly
    · Theme options: Icons, Status Bar, Boot animation, Font (requires reboot), Messaging, Framework, and Ringtones
    · Applies native ctz files, but also will apply MIUI mtz files, not all elements will theme properly with mtz packages
    · Animated boot animation preview
    · Boot animation resolution scaling

System UI

· Customizable toggles, compact or page view (or off)
    · Extended volume panel in page view toggles
    · Access status or navigation bars while in fullscreen apps by touching the edge of the screen
    · Circle memory meter in recents panel shows memory available and total memory
    · Enable the experimental Tablet UI on all devices

Messaging

· New UI design based on the new Google Hangouts application UI
    · Reads custom notification tones from Contacts
    · Revised layout: Added messaging bubbles, removed avatar icons from conversation and put one in the action bar, quick shortcut for emojis

Security

· Manage installed apps' permissions
    · Firewall included so you may now control which applications can use data / wifi.

...and more! See http://forums.chameleonos.org/threads/chameleonos-v0-8-release.387/ to find out more about what’s new in v0.8-beta

opscreenshots.gif

opscreens.png

More screenshots available on our website
    opdownloads.gif

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest gapps
    Frequently Asked Questions

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Code:
    We would like to thank CyanogenMod for giving us an easy foundation to develop
    ChaOS for mutiple devices.  And of course Hashcode for all the work done on the various Kindle Fire devices which has made this build possible.

Thanks to michael_hamada, and LinearEquation for their assistance. I have found that it is when I apply the wrongs GAPPS package that my issue occurs. Sadly the link on Page 1 for GAPPS does not find the file. Good OS though.

For those who can't download GAPPS for ChaOS from goo.im, I'll share my downloaded one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_aIhineUYEacmZWLVlRcjc5RHM/edit?usp=sharing

But please forgive me if it had collapsed during upload process.:p
    Although I've built this as an experimental build, so far it's running quite well. If you are not familiar with ChameleonOS, check out the links in the OP. This is a project myself and a few others started with the goal of providing an AOSP based ROM with some of the features found in MIUI. Since then it has become so much more as we add some of our own features that have not appeared in any other ROM, at least not until they cherry picked our changes ;)

Feel free to let me know of any issues you may find. I will point out one thing I am aware of and that is enabling Tablet UI when in landscape. Don't do it! Make sure you are in portrait when switching to/from Tablet UI. Other than that, please enjoy the ROM.
    It seems goo.im is down, are there any alternative ways to download this rom/gapps?

Actually there is no need for goo.im anymore now that we have our own downloads site. Go to http://roms.chameleonos.org/index.php?device=tate to get the latest builds for this device.
    Im kinda new to the kindle fire line, so is there anyway that this would work on the kindle fire 2?

I highly doubt it, I think it has to be built with files for the kf2. If you flash this it'll probably brick your device. Anything here is strictly KFHD7.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk HD