[Q] Xperia L ROOTING Effects on warranty ??

Search This thread

raunak1264

Jan 10, 2014
Hi
I hav a sony Xperia L and i want to install a custom rom in to my phone . i just want to know if i root and unlock my bootloader and i install the customized rom in to my phone , will it effect the warranty of my phone bcoz it is just 2 months old phone and after doing all this if i do the repair through pc companion will it bring my phone to the same condition as it was before customizing ...I mean if i install the stock ROM again by pc companion will it relock the bootloader will i get the warranty back again ???????

Raunak kapoor

Steviebee1978

Jan 10, 2014
Bristol
Hi
I hav a sony Xperia L and i want to install a custom rom in to my phone . i just want to know if i root and unlock my bootloader and i install the customized rom in to my phone , will it effect the warranty of my phone bcoz it is just 2 months old phone and after doing all this if i do the repair through pc companion will it bring my phone to the same condition as it was before customizing ...I mean if i install the stock ROM again by pc companion will it relock the bootloader will i get the warranty back again ???????

Raunak kapoor

As far as i know any tampering with a handset either by methods of software or hardware will void all warranty from the manufacture.

But if they cant tell whats been done no harm no fool !

But i would check to see if by flashing a different rom it will increase your flash counter

mohit378

Jan 10, 2014
Karnal
Hi

Raunak kapoor

Firstly back up your TA before unlocking bootloader....this will help u in restoring warranty when u restore TA backup in future.......then u can unlock your bootloaders...then u can install custom recovery in your fon through which u can flash custom roms....
or u can also install custom roms without unlocking ur bootloaders......