Naddict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shure2

Jun 24, 2008
Many threads I see have been closed down in the attempt you are trying to create super threads where the discussion wouldn't be clear. I've been on XDA for years and seen my share of good and bad moderators, and the good ones allow a forum to be used as a forum; a place to commune.

I'm in agreement when there are an abundance of repeated threads but in the oppo find 7 and OPO forums you're far too aggressive in closing threads which hinders those forum activity. The oppo find 7 and OPO don't particularly have the most active members so this doesn't really help.

Waiting for you to close this thread, but don't worry I'll copy this to other mods before it's removed.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: azeem40

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Normally, this is something for PM...Next time, take it there please.

But, this is a good education opportunity here so I will reply for all members to (hopefully) better get the reasons why Moderators do what they do.

So, here we go...If Moderators do not keep threads focused, especially in specific device threads, they will quickly become diffuse and all members would be posting separate "one post" topics, creating way too many areas for others to search and read through.

The intent of focused threads is to keep things in areas where users can use the "search this thread" tool. Having duplicate threads on identical topics does nothing but to spread information and make it harder for all members.

For the record, the team of moderators here has a Team Leader, @crachel. I can assure you that if I, or other moderators, are not doing our job the correct way, we would be notified.

Next time, please send PM. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbydigital222
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many threads I see have been closed down in the attempt you are trying to create super threads where the discussion wouldn't be clear. I've been on XDA for years and seen my share of good and bad moderators, and the good ones allow a forum to be used as a forum; a place to commune.

I'm in agreement when there are an abundance of repeated threads but in the oppo find 7 and OPO forums you're far too aggressive in closing threads which hinders those forum activity. The oppo find 7 and OPO don't particularly have the most active members so this doesn't really help.

Waiting for you to close this thread, but don't worry I'll copy this to other mods before it's removed.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Normally, this is something for PM...Next time, take it there please.

But, this is a good education opportunity here so I will reply for all members to (hopefully) better get the reasons why Moderators do what they do.

So, here we go...If Moderators do not keep threads focused, especially in specific device threads, they will quickly become diffuse and all members would be posting separate "one post" topics, creating way too many areas for others to search and read through.

The intent of focused threads is to keep things in areas where users can use the "search this thread" tool. Having duplicate threads on identical topics does nothing but to spread information and make it harder for all members.

For the record, the team of moderators here has a Team Leader, @crachel. I can assure you that if I, or other moderators, are not doing our job the correct way, we would be notified.

Next time, please send PM. Cheers!