[n710x/T889][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch - NEW JB 4.2 migration support

Search This thread

maverixz

Jan 7, 2011
Midwest
Phil,

Great work as I'm using your recovery on my Note 8 and Note 10. My quick and noobish question is which of the 2 downloads you have on th e OP will work best with my Note2 (Verizon LTE i605)?

Thanks again for the great work.

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
I need help with the following:

Code:
adb shell
mkdir -p /storage/sdcard1
mount -t exfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage/sdcard1

# post eventual error message
# if no error, try to install a zip from external sd to see if it was mounted that way
# if error, do this:

insmod -f -v /lib/modules/exfat_core.ko
insmod -f -v /lib/modules/exfat_fs.ko

# try again the mount command above and post all eventual errors you see
# after a manual mount command in adb shell, check if sdcard was mounted in gui

Also, does stock CWM 6.0.4.5 compiled from sources work for you?

Could be you have a bad cm kernel not able to use exfat modules and with sensors
Sadly, Note 2 has no selinux enabled stock sources we can build. Without this, you cannot flash most new kit kat ROMs

So, unless a dev makes a good kernel with 4.3 sources and selinux, it will be hard to get something good for you
I could have to drop to fuse, which will give you very slow backup times on exfat cards, like stock CWM
For the delay, it is the sensors story... will see if I can find time to modify your kernel. I started to compile kernels for a few devices, but I am not a kernel dev and have no much time to start with it

Ask a kernel dev to provide good kernel sources maybe

maverixz

Jan 7, 2011
Midwest
I need help with the following:

Code:
adb shell
mkdir -p /storage/sdcard1
mount -t exfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage/sdcard1

# post eventual error message
# if no error, try to install a zip from external sd to see if it was mounted that way
# if error, do this:

insmod -f -v /lib/modules/exfat_core.ko
insmod -f -v /lib/modules/exfat_fs.ko

# try again the mount command above and post all eventual errors you see
# after a manual mount command in adb shell, check if sdcard was mounted in gui

Also, does stock CWM 6.0.4.5 compiled from sources work for you?

Could be you have a bad cm kernel not able to use exfat modules and with sensors
Sadly, Note 2 has no selinux enabled stock sources we can build. Without this, you cannot flash most new kit kat ROMs

So, unless a dev makes a good kernel with 4.3 sources and selinux, it will be hard to get something good for you
I could have to drop to fuse, which will give you very slow backup times on exfat cards, like stock CWM
For the delay, it is the sensors story... will see if I can find time to modify your kernel. I started to compile kernels for a few devices, but I am not a kernel dev and have no much time to start with it

Ask a kernel dev to provide good kernel sources maybe
Phil,

Not sure if you were responding to me but I am not a coder and wish I could help with the code you posted.

Yes the stock CWM 6.0.4.5 worked for me and was actually the only way anyone was able to install the PA 4.4 Kitkat without losing baseband.

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Phil,

Not sure if you were responding to me but I am not a coder and wish I could help with the code you posted.

Yes the stock CWM 6.0.4.5 worked for me and was actually the only way anyone was able to install the PA 4.4 Kitkat without losing baseband.

Ok, I will compile a version without the exfat modules, that way, you have access to external storage, but will have slow exfat speeds
Sad as all other smdk kernel based boards did work very well with the samsung exfat modules compiled along cm kernel (p51xx, p31xx, n8xxx, n5100, i93xx, d2xx, t0ltexx...). Even some msm based boards did work very well
It is the only phone failing to use ko modules compiled from sources with cm kernel

Now, if some one can test the adb commands, there is still some hope. I am not going to release many debug versions to test things blindly if no one can try the above adb shell things

Reactions: maverixz

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
More feedback please...

Just tried backup on n7100 4.3. No issues.

Full folder size.

The time to boot into recovery seems really slow compared to the old one.

Efs backup seems awkward and or impossible.

I'm guess you don't welcome twrp comparisons but in this respect they do it much better.

Edit. . Just to confirm I mean doings stand alone efs backup

Last edited:

Coito

Mar 12, 2008
Braga
Is it possible to flash the flashable version via twrp? Also anyone knows if the backups are compatible?
thx

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
You have to understand that your device is abandoned by Samsung and many devs, I can do nothing about it as I do not even own it, never I did

I can fix your issues, using old sammy stock kernel, but:
- you won't be able to flash kitkat cm roms

Using cm kernel:
- you get the slow load
- you get no 64Gb fat32 support (format card to exfat for these sizes)

The slow load I can fix if I find the commits to disable sensors
fat32 for 64Gb, I will look at it again

zscomp

Oct 26, 2011
NIKAIA
You have to understand that your device is abandoned by Samsung and many devs, I can do nothing about it as I do not even own it, never I did

I can fix your issues, using old sammy stock kernel, but:
- you won't be able to flash kitkat cm roms

Using cm kernel:
- you get the slow load
- you get no 64Gb fat32 support (format card to exfat for these sizes)

The slow load I can fix if I find the commits to disable sensors
fat32 for 64Gb, I will look at it again

If Samsung doesnt give us official kit kat, we are kernel-screwed then :rolleyes:
We ll have to move to cm :crying:
Very frustrating for a device only 1 year n 3 months old.

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
If Samsung doesnt give us official kit kat, we are kernel-screwed then :rolleyes:
We ll have to move to cm :crying:
Very frustrating for a device only 1 year n 3 months old.

no need to kitkat
just a 4.3 with selinux

But, I will try to fix sensors in kernel sources and add a drop down to system mount when vold fails to mount a storage

vovak43r

Dec 24, 2010
Hello,
So, i upgraded to the latest version for note 2 via odin. From this point i can't backup my rom to internal or external sdcard. Clicking backup just giving me the previous screen.
Saved the log but it isn't there when i'm checking the folders. ( the phone is working with emulated0 and the log is "saved" on sdcard )

Please advise... :confused:

*edit: I managed to flash previous ver and then a new one again. Now i'm getting those errors:
updating partition details
E: error opening ' /data/data/com.gtp.nextlauncher
E: error : Too many open files

Last edited:

Nov 11, 2012
The new version 6.00 doesnt work on N7102... i got bootloop, stuck on "Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7102" title screen (before Samsung logo animation). Flashing back to version 5.15.

Nov 11, 2012
Give it more time.Its slow loading.

Its not just stuck showing the title screen.. its like its keeps rebooting. The title screen comes out for a few seconds, then off for 2 secs, then the title screen comes out again... off for 2 secs... and so on and so forth...

If that means it slow loading, ok, i will try again. But it seems to me it just rebooting all over again.

Sent from Samsung GT-N7102 using Tapatalk 4 Premium

zscomp

Oct 26, 2011
NIKAIA
Its not just stuck showing the title screen.. its like its keeps rebooting. The title screen comes out for a few seconds, then off for 2 secs, then the title screen comes out again... off for 2 secs... and so on and so forth...

If that means it slow loading, ok, i will try again. But it seems to me it just rebooting all over again.

My fault.
I missed the "bootloop"...
Saw only the "stuck on "Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7102" title screen"
Try to reflash both versions.Zip,tar. Maybe a bad flash?
If not, then Phil have to handle it.

Nov 11, 2012
My fault.
I missed the "bootloop"...
Saw only the "stuck on "Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7102" title screen"
Try to reflash both versions.Zip,tar. Maybe a bad flash?
If not, then Phil have to handle it.

I tried both the zip and tar... same thing happened.

Top Liked Posts