[Q] HTC One M7 - Possibly bricked?

Search This thread

PaulusJ93

Feb 26, 2011
Hi everybody,

Normally i dont get stuck but this time ive hit a rock, basically Ive got a HTC One which then had the bootloader unlocked and a GE ROM with CWM installed.

What I did was possibly stupid as i S-Offed to clear the tampered/relocked status and before running the stock RUU I relocked the bootloader and S-Oned (this is to later sell the handset as close to stock as possible).

What happens now is the phone will boot into the bootloader/fastboot with a TAMPERED/LOCKED/Security Warning status however any attempt to flash ZIP will backfire in signature verify failed.

Ive tried any number of RUU/img/recovery/ZIPs to get it functioning however the closest I've been is using the rom.zip from "RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.7_Radio_4A.13.3231.27_10.31.1131.05_release_310878_signed.exe" which stalled due to the main-version being above the RUU.

My info:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.24.61.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4272mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: RUU
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d16dc66985
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

- to note it was ORANG001 before i changed the CID to HTC__001

From what i can tell as i cant boot into anything i cant get S-OFF or unlock the bootloader again, can anyone think of a way to either downgrade/edit the main-version or make it skip the check?

Thanks in advance

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi everybody,

Normally i dont get stuck but this time ive hit a rock, basically Ive got a HTC One which then had the bootloader unlocked and a GE ROM with CWM installed.

What I did was possibly stupid as i S-Offed to clear the tampered/relocked status and before running the stock RUU I relocked the bootloader and S-Oned (this is to later sell the handset as close to stock as possible).

What happens now is the phone will boot into the bootloader/fastboot with a TAMPERED/LOCKED/Security Warning status however any attempt to flash ZIP will backfire in signature verify failed.

Ive tried any number of RUU/img/recovery/ZIPs to get it functioning however the closest I've been is using the rom.zip from "RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.7_Radio_4A.13.3231.27_10.31.1131.05_release_310878_signed.exe" which stalled due to the main-version being above the RUU.

My info:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.24.61.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4272mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: RUU
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d16dc66985
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

- to note it was ORANG001 before i changed the CID to HTC__001

From what i can tell as i cant boot into anything i cant get S-OFF or unlock the bootloader again, can anyone think of a way to either downgrade/edit the main-version or make it skip the check?

Thanks in advance

You need s-off to use that ruu (1.28.401) and you need to downgrade hboot to 1.44.

can you still boot in cwm? Why can't you unlock the bootloader again?

PaulusJ93

Feb 26, 2011
You need s-off to use that ruu (1.28.401) and you need to downgrade hboot to 1.44.

It wont boot into anything but the bootloader, i cant unlock the bootloader as when trying to push the unlock code the error "FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)" is generated.

In my current sticky situation would there be anyway to get an older hboot or the ENG hboot on the device?

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
It wont boot into anything but the bootloader, i cant unlock the bootloader as when trying to push the unlock code the error "FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)" is generated.

In my current sticky situation would there be anyway to get an older hboot or the ENG hboot on the device?

are you using the same token you used to unlock the bootloader for the first time?

PaulusJ93

Feb 26, 2011

are you using the same token you used to unlock the bootloader for the first time?

That is something i dont know as it wasnt me who unlocked it first, ive generated it twice from HTCDev and tried applying via Mac and Windows

PaulusJ93

Feb 26, 2011

Attachments

• CMD1.PNG
    CMD1.PNG
    40.2 KB · Views: 25

PaulusJ93

Feb 26, 2011
sorry for the bump?

any further ideas? I've looked at possibly decrypting a rom.zip and altering the version numbers so it will play ball however again it looks like it will need S-Off to flash that edited zip without HTCs private encryption.