[Q] How to Port 4.2.x Rom to 4.1.x Based Mobile?

Search This thread

omkar_1

Feb 20, 2014
pune
Hey Guys
I Want to Port 4.2.x Based ROM to 4.1.x based Mobile Can Any One Tell Porting method? With Video Tutorial ?

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Hey Guys
I Want to Port 4.2.x Based ROM to 4.1.x based Mobile Can Any One Tell Porting method? With Video Tutorial ?

The search button is really friendly in xda. There are plenty of porting tutorials here on this forum. You just need to use the search function, that's why its there.

Another thing, porting may seem so easy, but its not all so easy as its stated. You have to be precise and know what you do. I don't port or build from source but I've had experience.

I ported paranoid android from the nexus s to the huawei ascend g300.
I follow the steps, I briefly remember swapping hw, lib, etc, bin, vendor, sensors, apps, build.prop media and many more. It actually booted up but kept giving off errors because if the ril. And that's how far I actually got to porting a rom. You need to understand android allot more to be able to successfully port. Use the search button mate, there are plenty of tutorials there which will help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: omkar_1

omkar_1

Feb 20, 2014
pune
hey buddy

The search button is really friendly in xda. There are plenty of porting tutorials here on this forum. You just need to use the search function, that's why its there.

Another thing, porting may seem so easy, but its not all so easy as its stated. You have to be precise and know what you do. I don't port or build from source but I've had experience.

I follow the steps, I briefly remember swapping hw, lib, etc, bin, vendor, sensors, apps, build.prop media and many more. It actually booted up but kept giving off errors because if the ril. And that's how far I actually got to porting a rom. You need to understand android allot more to be able to successfully port. Use the search button mate, there are plenty of tutorials there which will help.

successfully rom ported from another device to my device all things work fine only autofocus is not working and at corner of image is pinkish how to currect it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys