[MODS] Droid 4 mods/hacks

Search This thread

niai_mack

Feb 19, 2011
its not hard to root, put the phone in debug mod and run a bat file, then select the right menu, and the program dose the rest.

richsapf

Feb 16, 2008
I get mine tomorrow!!!! FREE!!

After they sent me three defective droid 3 swap outs I emailed the ceo and about 20 of exec's... Some lady called me, first letter of her name S. Want to keep her privacy... I told her if they wanted me to renew for two years after all the trouble i went through, she agreed to free phone, free holster/shell combo, and $10 off a month for 2gig plan which is more than enough for me since i use wifi.... So I was BLOWN away she did that....

I take back a few of the bad things i said about verizon.... I was just VERY nice in the letter I wrote, made it short and sweet, just the facts, showed pics of dirty and chipped keyboards, etc.....

sorry i am babbling, but i am excited!! and a new droid 3 that works great to boot, so a nice back up ROM toy..lol...

richsapf

Feb 16, 2008
sorry for mix up

I should have said, I also have a new "refurbished" D3. They FINALLY sent me one that worked..whew;......and for all the bs verizon(including supervisors) put me through, one of the verizon executives agreed with my letter I sent that they should waive the fee of a Brand New Droid 4, and a combo/shell-holster, AND that $30 upgrade fee (that no one can explain what it is for)....

I do have to pay tax= $48. of the full retail price of the phone.. don't know why.

But my bill is now $10 less a month...

Hope that clears things up.. I wanted to tell people, so if that happens to them, maybe a nice, to the point letter to ALL the execs will help them..

Are there good roms yet?.. I just saw that the verizon OTA ICS is out..cool...:D

Last edited:
Reactions: alex94kumar

wheeliest

Jun 17, 2010
Mesa
Just bought my Droid 4 tonight and waiting for it to come in the mail by Thursday. You guys can add one more to the list. I'll try to keep tabs on this thread. I'm justing wondering if there's an easier way like one-click or something to root this darn thing. I'll keep my ears open for everybody!

rooting it wasn't that difficult. I did it all on my mac which made it a little more complicated, but i came from a G2 which was also the phone i learned how to root with, which that phone was a beotch, droid 4 was cake. I really hope development picks up on this thing, I feel it has a sh!t load more potential than the HTC G2. I am happy I switched to verizon though, and this droid 4 seems to be the best keyboard phone out.

richsapf

Feb 16, 2008
Is this regarding the Flash Counter in the Droid 4? I was getting lost with the terminology. But it sounded like that is where the conversation was geared..

I want to root my Droid 4 but no way until the Flash Counter can be bypassed or reset somehow..

It sounds like you guys will eventually figure it out. Is there anything you have not solved? really....

If that is not what you guys are talking about then is there a particular forum I could go to?

Thank you and best of luck...

RJT185

Sep 24, 2010
Droid 4 owner here. LG Voyager -> LG ENVTouch -> Droid 2 -> Droid 4.

Keyboards FTW!

Anyways. I've been burning through my battery using my phone as my home internet (w00t for unlimited data).

So I think it is time to r00t and explore a ROM that's easier on the battery.

bgarlock

Jun 20, 2010
Ashburnham
garlockfamily.com
Anyone able to hack Motorola's Smart Actions into a Jelly Bean ROM? I really miss them, and the alternatives just don't do it for me. :) Although Smart Actions could use a little more options, the UI is dead simple, and it just works..

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

lorddunlow

Mar 17, 2011
Llama is a much better app than smart actions, and free. Tasker seems to be the best, but it's pretty expensive and takes a little while to get everything set up initially.

richsapf

Feb 16, 2008
Oh cool...that is good to know. Thank you for the post.. Tasker is amazing but mind bending...

bgarlock

Jun 20, 2010
Ashburnham
garlockfamily.com
I've been using an App named 'Impel' and it's pretty good. I like the action of auto-replying to sms messages when it's in the car dock. There's also some templates you can download and hack up to get you up and running real quick..

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ICS coming sooner than expected.the wonderful hashcode who develops ics/cm9 for the droid 3, razr and bionic will be getting his droid 4 on monday and will be fully supporting the d4. YEAH BOY! This info came straight from him on his twitter account.

Follow him on twitter @hashcodeof

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA App
    interesting on the OC.....I won't try it yet until I have an sbf or some sort of serious recovery option. Do not want to soft brick my new phone just yet. :) Thanks for posting that though!

I do not know if you really call any of this "hacking". I used TiB and froze all the bloat(will not uninstall until SBF option). I used rom toolbox and stopped a lot of programs from auto opening, increased wifi scan interval to try and save battery a bit. I changed my boot animation to the Nexus one....what else........I was going to attempt the script by naven to flip flop the internal storage and mem card but I dont think I want to just yet. I suppose this is just more optimization than anything...but it did make the phone a bit peppier. So far this phone is great, I really like it.
    Stupid question, but how close is the Droid 4 / Razr in terms of hardware? Can a ROM from Razr be easily ported on to the Droid 4?

As far as radio & processors, it's pretty much the same as the RAZR, but with physical keyboard & an upgraded CMOS sensor on the camera, any ROM from a RAZR would need some pretty heavy modification to work with the D4.

It won't be as big as if you were starting from scratch or modding a D3 ROM, but it's still going to be a process.
    ICS coming sooner than expected.the wonderful hashcode who develops ics/cm9 for the droid 3, razr and bionic will be getting his droid 4 on monday and will be fully supporting the d4. YEAH BOY! This info came straight from him on his twitter account.

Follow him on twitter @hashcodeof

Correction on the twitter. It is @hashcode0f
    There are plenty of us who got this new beautiful beast... thing to remember is that people are apprehensive about a few things so we have to report well to get more people to commit to it and also, the phone wasn't advertised at all and it only came out a week ago. I already have 3 of my friends contemplating buying one since it was rooted in a day, wifi tethered in 2 and OC'd in less than a week. The developement for this is going to be awesome once the ball gets rolling. WE HAD ROOT THE DAY IT CAME OUT... come on... lol

We had OC and tether the day it came out also. I was testing it for the dev of AWT and the same developer created the modules for OCing....those were already setup for the razr. We just wanted to make sure they would work with the d4 also. JUST FYI. ;)