Root ZTE Concord

Search This thread

cnjax

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Need some help or a link to instructions on rooting this phone, This is a T-mobile no contract phone, made by ZTE Phone is running Gingerbread 2.3.7 Since this phone is new on the market is their a similar phone I can look at as an example of how to root it?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

cnjax

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Okay here is what I have tried so far, Superoneclick gets to step 7 waiting on device and hangs up. Have tried the Zurg rush tool, when it attempts to do an adb remount it fails with a msg operation not permitted. So I'm stuck now, so anyone with some ideas or insight please chime in, thanks

cnjax

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Still looking for help, since this phone is relatively inexpensive, there is going to be a lot of them out there. And a lot of people looking to root them. Just hoping someone will give me assistance as this will also be solution for others as well.

FireRaider

Apr 23, 2008
Salt Lake City
Still looking for help, since this phone is relatively inexpensive, there is going to be a lot of them out there. And a lot of people looking to root them. Just hoping someone will give me assistance as this will also be solution for others as well.

Well at least your thread pulls up when running a Google search for rooting this phone. Did you try the CyanogenMod instructions for the ZTE Blade? Thats the only other suggestion I have since I don't own one yet.
Post back here if you have any luck. I might just get one as a spare.

Reactions: cnjax

cnjax

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Well at least your thread pulls up when running a Google search for rooting this phone. Did you try the CyanogenMod instructions for the ZTE Blade? Thats the only other suggestion I have since I don't own one yet.

will give that a try and will post back with the results

cnjax

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, FL

Question the cyanogenmod instructions say to use terminal on your computer is this the same as using cmd.exe?

ryanflucas

Sep 13, 2012
I too would like to see this rooted. Then maybe I can delete some of those factory installed apps I would never use.

ZTE lists a way to manually upgrade the firmware for a Concord (V768) with a PC running Windows. Maybe it can be used somehow to root this device?

I can't post the link because I'm a new user, but just search for the Concord on the ZTE USA website.

michel-2000

Oct 8, 2008
I too would like to see this rooted. Then maybe I can delete some of those factory installed apps I would never use.

ZTE lists a way to manually upgrade the firmware for a Concord (V768) with a PC running Windows. Maybe it can be used somehow to root this device?

I can't post the link because I'm a new user, but just search for the Concord on the ZTE USA website.

I got the link you're referring to
, but this does not look like a OS upgrade, only a PC Driver update

I will try it and see if it affects the phone.

I have asked T-mobile to get the Concord unlocked, they couldn't but required an answer from ZTE directly...I should get something next week only!

DebianUser

Sep 5, 2011
So did anyone figure out how to get this phone unlocked?

BTW I'm surprised how little support there is for this phone considering it's the cheapest tmobile android option by far.

manny2709

Jul 22, 2012
ROOTED!!

For those looking to root their ZTE Concord I have successfully rooted it using the ZTE Score option! Working on installing the Clockwork mod now and I think I'm going to tinker with the JellyBlast ROM for the Galaxy Y considering these phones are fairly similar :)

manny2709

Jul 22, 2012
Ah dang, I thought someone had figured it out! Any more luck? I'm going to be getting a hold of one of these soon and I'd really like to know what kind of options there are for rooting.

Yeah im sorry i thought i got it too! But the system is read write protected and its a pain in the a$$. I figured out how to get it in Stock Recovery and tired installing JellyBlast via update.zip but didnt work cause it requires root and CWM go figure huh? SOMEONE HELP US!

manny2709

Jul 22, 2012
Alright I tried rooting with update.zip for the Galaxy Pocket considering these phones have similar hardware but still no go! :crying: Has anyone had any luck?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Tutorial you guys have been looking for!!!

I found a way to root my concord and posted a tutorial!

Go HERE
    Rooting Procedure

Requirements and rooting process

• Your pitiable unrooted Android device
    • ADB drivers for your device installed on your pc (I used WinXP. You may use Win 7/Vista or the Linux distro of your choice)
    • su, busybox, Superuser.apk
    • A working linux distro with Nautilus (I used a live usb stick of Ubuntu 11.04)
    • Strength, courage and whatever makes you a man according to Emerson.

Rooting Process

To start, you must have adb installed on the OS of your choice.
    I used my trusty WinXP system.

To confirm your device is properly detected, in the command prompt, run

Code:
    adb devices

Now copy busybox, su, superuser.apk to /data/local/tmp/ using adb.

Code:
    adb push busybox /data/local/tmp
    adb push su /data/local/tmp
    adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp

Now run adb shell

Code:
    adb shell

Note that you see a "$" sign in the command prompt. That means you are not rooted.
    Next run the following commands in the shell to change permissions and get some limited privileges for the Superuser files:

Code:
    chmod 6755 /data/local/tmp/su
    chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/busybox
    chmod 644 /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk

Note that the names of the files are case sensitive.

Done?
    Turn off your Android device using the power button.

Now you need to reboot your system into a Linux distro which has Nautilus.
    Android and Linux, having a similar heritage, makes it possible for us to get root access over the Android phone if you are running with root privileges within Linux. I used an Ubuntu 11.04 Live USB disk to save the hassle of installing another os.

When you have booted into Linux, open up terminal and type:

Code:
    sudo nautilus

This would open up the Nautilus file browser with root privileges.

Now put your Android device into Download mode.
    For Spice MI-410/Huawei Ideos X6/CherryMobile Magnum HD/Wellcom A99 the method is to hold down the Volume up button and simultaneously turn on the phone using the power on switch.

Once in download mode, connect the Android device using the microusb cable to the computer.
    Now using the open Nautilus window, navigate to /UserData/local/tmp/ folder and verify that you have the files you sent to the device viz. su, busybox and Superuser.apk

Move/cut-paste su and busybox to /system/bin/ using Nautilus.
    Move/cut-paste Superuser.apk to /system/app/ using Nautilus.

Now pull out the battery from your Android device.
    I swear, this was the most tedious part on my MI-410 which has such a crappy back cover.

Now simply turn on your device.
    You must now have root.

Verify by running:

Code:
    adb shell
    su

You'll note that the "$" prompt will turn into a "#" and you'll be prompted by a Superuser permission notification on your
    device

You have now completed your initiation brethren.
    Welcome to the root club.

OP: www_erodov_com/forums/how-root-any-android-device-manually/43325-page2_html

Any one have Zte concord Stock rom ?if u have share with me thank's ...
    You could make a titanium backup of the device then in titanium, pull up the menu and choose create update.zip. I only need a backup of the system files if you've already had things installed

I am a real noob to all this smart phone stuff, but after some messing with it, I think I got the system portion backed up through ZIPme. Let me know if it is not what you seek and I will try again.

By the way, this build is from Solavei (hope it still works for you):
    ZTE V768 Concord
    Android version 2.3.7
    Kernel version 2.6.35.7
    Build Solavei-V768V1.0.0B03