[DEV] B2G=FirefoxOS

Search This thread

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Sorry man both synthetic nightmare and I have been busy so we haven't gotten much done

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

bradpitcher

Oct 1, 2009
Eugene
Just to make this abuntantly clear, you are adding support for the Glacier to Firefox OS, is that right? Are you planning on submitting a pull request to Mozilla once you have it working or keeping it as a fork?

deadman96385

Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Just to make this abuntantly clear, you are adding support for the Glacier to Firefox OS, is that right? Are you planning on submitting a pull request to Mozilla once you have it working or keeping it as a fork?

Yes we are adding support for the glacier, and if mozilla wants it, i dont see why we wouldnt, they do that with CM all the time

bradpitcher

Oct 1, 2009
Eugene
Can you add issue tracking to the repo? I managed to get the build started but it failed with:

target thumb C++: libgui <= frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTextureClient.cpp
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTextureClient.cpp: In member function 'virtual int android::SurfaceTextureClient::setUsage(uint32_t)':
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTextureClient.cpp:531: error: 'GRALLOC_USAGE_EXTERNAL_ONLY' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTextureClient.cpp:536: error: 'GRALLOC_USAGE_EXTERNAL_BLOCK' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libgui_intermediates/SurfaceTextureClient.o] Error 1

Reactions: b4d455b345t

Synthetic.Nightmare

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011
Can you add issue tracking to the repo? I managed to get the build started but it failed with:

target thumb C++: libgui <= frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTextureClient.cpp
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTextureClient.cpp: In member function 'virtual int android::SurfaceTextureClient::setUsage(uint32_t)':
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTextureClient.cpp:531: error: 'GRALLOC_USAGE_EXTERNAL_ONLY' was not declared in this scope
frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTextureClient.cpp:536: error: 'GRALLOC_USAGE_EXTERNAL_BLOCK' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libgui_intermediates/SurfaceTextureClient.o] Error 1

Here ya go buddy.
https://github.com/b2gX/B2G/issues
I've only created one for the main B2G repo for now.
Feel free to fork away and submit pull requests (if you need to add a repo or anything just PM me and I'll help you out).
Also some of the source might need to be cleaned up a little since I didn't get it to work with aospX, it's all pure caf and some of it needs to be fixed/adjusted to work properly on glacier.

kevev

May 22, 2006
Here ya go buddy.
https://github.com/b2gX/B2G/issues
I've only created one for the main B2G repo for now.
Feel free to fork away and submit pull requests (if you need to add a repo or anything just PM me and I'll help you out).
Also some of the source might need to be cleaned up a little since I didn't get it to work with aospX, it's all pure caf and some of it needs to be fixed/adjusted to work properly on glacier.

Exciting stuff! :p

Synthetic.Nightmare

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011
Did this project ever get off the ground?

To be honest, I mainly wanted to try giving deadman a good place to start and then just kind of helping him out wherever I needed to. Dunno where he ended up though. I think @bradpitcher has done some more recent work on it. Brad (or anyone else), if you're still interested in working on this I would gladly give you admin rights to the organization with what's already been done. My computer just isn't good enough to be putting it through the constant build and rebuild process to get things done efficiently and now that I'm moving out of Houston I won't be buying another until later on down the line. So for now I'm really going to try and stick to one source-built project so I can try and keep this laptop going for as long as I can. If I had a better build machine, id work on this and maybe some jelly bean without a doubt.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G using xda app-developers app

deadman96385

Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
I have been really busy recently, but I haven't given up, I plan on working on it in the coming days.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

kevev

May 22, 2006
Good to hear. I am in S.A. and not too far. If you need an build rig I have an extra box collecting dust. Send me a p.m. if interested. I am planning on going to Houston in a few weeks anyways.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Synthetic.Nightmare

ggolemg

Feb 1, 2009
naperville il
deadman96385, looks like your last github commit was 2 months ago as of 11/14/12, even then it was an 'echo - mytouch-4G' append to the config.sh. Has this project been moved? I hope I am just not looking in the right repo. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

deadman96385

Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
deadman96385, looks like your last github commit was 2 months ago as of 11/14/12, even then it was an 'echo - mytouch-4G' append to the config.sh. Has this project been moved? I hope I am just not looking in the right repo. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

No it hasnt been moved, i have been busy, and on top of it my mytouch's sd card reader died, so i cant really develop on it anymore, but if you want i can work on it and post test builds here. But i have officially moved on to the Galaxy Note II. So it would be a side project. Also i need to fix my Linux cause Windows 8 broke it.

I will post a Untested Build probably Tonight/Tommorow, and i will be needing testers.

kevev

May 22, 2006
No it hasnt been moved, i have been busy, and on top of it my mytouch's sd card reader died, so i cant really develop on it anymore, but if you want i can work on it and post test builds here. But i have officially moved on to the Galaxy Note II. So it would be a side project. Also i need to fix my Linux cause Windows 8 broke it.

I will post a Untested Build probably Tonight/Tommorow, and i will be needing testers.

Cool. My 4g went for a dunk on Saturday while I was washing my car. It has been sitting in a bag of rice ever since. Guess I should see if it still works. :p
My wife's 4G has a bad track pad, but works otherwise. I can test the build on that as we both have LG Optimus L9 devices now.

Can't wait to test this new OS out. Thanks for the hard work.

Reactions: deadman96385

4Orr

Jan 26, 2012
Added a link to the B2G Kernel. I am building B2G right now hopefully it works

Edit: Build errored out so i guess something is still broken, from win 8 so i have to re install it this weekend :(

Go back to Win7, you'll save yourself the frustration. Things will be fixed with Win8 when SP1 is released.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This phone will never die

Synthetic.nightmare
    I created an organzation on github alongside deadman and Awesome and rebased to the lovely aospX source code (for stability).
    Tonight deadman worked along with me to try and get our script all set up to properly repo sync (+some other things) and after a bit more work, I have managed to get it to where we can sync using the proper b2g command ./config.sh as stated correctly in the readme. This is kind of a big deal, because before, I was just working around some of the scripts doing things the traditional android way lol. There's still parts that are needed to be rolled back and stuff and who knows what there might be broken even after we get all that worked out, but I thought that there might be some other devs around here that may be interested in helping bring this over to us and possibly others who want to keep track of this.

Links:
    Click here to start preparing for/downloading the source to help us with development
    Click here to see the b2gX organization and keep track of development
    You can see more by clicking any of the member's githubs and checking out their activity.

Devs: PM Synthetic.nightmare if you want in. My team is always willing to collaborate with this who wish to contribute.

That's about all I can think of for now. Hopefully, we can bring you all some more good news soon.
    Remember these links are here for you to keep track of development, so I don't wanna hear about no ETA's lol.

I have modified Synthetic-nightmare's ICS kernel, to hopefully support B2G here is the link
    K I had success but, I messed up the file some how and now my computer won't open it and my phone won't find it, so I will try again soon. But it complies, so that's a major milestone!

Sent from my CM10 T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2
    a pleasant update.
    I have created an organzation on github alongside deadman and Awesome and rebased to the lovely aospX source code (for stability).
    Tonight deadman worked along with me to try and get our script all set up to properly repo sync (+some other things) and after a bit more work, I have managed to get it to where we can sync using the proper b2g command ./config.sh as stated correctly in the readme. This is kind of a big deal, because before, I was just working around some of the scripts doing things the traditional android way lol. There's still parts that are needed to be rolled back and stuff and who knows what there might be broken even after we get all that worked out, but I thought that there might be some other devs around here that may be interested in helping bring this over to us and possibly others who want to keep track of this.

Links:
    Click here to start preparing for/downloading the source to help us with development
    Click here to see the b2gX organization and keep track of development
    You can see more by clicking any of the member's githubs and checking out their activity.

Devs: PM me if you want in. My team is always willing to collaborate with this who wish to contribute.

That's about all I can think of for now. Hopefully, we can bring you all some more good news soon.
    Remember these links are here for you to keep track of development, so I don't wanna hear about no ETA's lol.
    Problem is here:
    find: `../../external/nist-sip/java': No such file or directory

You need to make sure this class is there.
    It is a SIP library for java and can be download from here :http://jsip.java.net/

Thank you very much, i will try a new build on Thursday or friday.
    You must have download a older version I had it booting but things crashed, and I was not given permission to release it so I stopped working on it, but yes I am going to start working on this again now that I have fixed my mytouch! Expect results next week! (Hopefully)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2