[Q] Stock image for SCH-i925 Verizon Model

Search This thread

smegg

Jun 28, 2011
ballarat
I would help to be a tester as well! And I'm not sure how much this information helps, but a dev, Adam Outlier helped make CASUAL, which was the one click root for this device. After the OTA update, it no longer works due to a libusb -12 error or something. I tried doing as much research as I could and all I could come up with (not sure how accurate it is) is that the error is due to the computer not being able to gain access to the tablet to use heimdall. We've posted debug files on his page, but he hasn't responded not posted on that page in a while. Thanks so much for your help! :fingers-crossed:

I can make a zipaligned and deodexed rom easily enough but fixing adb usb issues with heimdall...wow...bit beyond my basic skills mate!
I would suggest maybe a pm to darkman, he is enormously helpful and has a much better grasp of android than I do. :)

ohnor

Mar 1, 2013
I can make a zipaligned and deodexed rom easily enough but fixing adb usb issues with heimdall...wow...bit beyond my basic skills mate!
I would suggest maybe a pm to darkman, he is enormously helpful and has a much better grasp of android than I do. :)

Would you still mind giving it a shot? I really don't even know if what I said is accurate xD
That was just me trying to figure out why I kept getting the libusb error with CASUAL. It may still with with Odin though! Or maybe another way! I'll pm darkman as well though! Please keep us updated on your progress as well! :fingers-crossed:

smegg

Jun 28, 2011
ballarat
Hi all, have started playing around with the twrp image but it is pretty weird. win extensions instead of img or tar, but I think I might have a working deodexed and zipaligned flashable zip.....MAYBE. Very bastardised using bits from sbrissens cm10.2 install zip and the twrp image with converted win files back to tar and img...I will upload this alpha shortly to mega for testing. But I doubt it will work str8 away. It may need the modem.bin from stock image which I could not find in the twrp backup and I'm not sure of the boot.img validity yet. But it's a start! More brains needed! :good:
Update, waiting to hear back from initial tester about whether it boots or not, fingers crossed! Fixed boot.img so it should...

Last edited:
Reactions: ohnor

h11h

Jul 9, 2013
Hi all, have started playing around with the twrp image but it is pretty weird. win extensions instead of img or tar, but I think I might have a working deodexed and zipaligned flashable zip.....MAYBE. Very bastardised using bits from sbrissens cm10.2 install zip and the twrp image with converted win files back to tar and img...I will upload this alpha shortly to mega for testing. But I doubt it will work str8 away. It may need the modem.bin from stock image which I could not find in the twrp backup and I'm not sure of the boot.img validity yet. But it's a start! More brains needed! :good:

Great to hear about the progress.
Thanks for all the effort.

Reactions: smegg

Darkman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Germany
Are you able to make it from this? It's the TWRP image. It would be freaking amazing if you could!
https://mega.co.nz/#!ZMgjkKJA!YhCVgUPZRXnXsg9oMOOsrSx9qzZN7KzX3owFKXdHNlc

@ohnor @smegg What do you want to do with this?? You and other users need a flashable File for flashing over Odin oder Heimdall?

Have any one make a System Dump with *.tar / *.bin and *.img files?

We need the right Mounting Parts and a rooted Device.. then we can make a System Dump. I think the i925 have the same parts like the N8020?

Then you can make a System Dump:
(it must a full Stock Device without personal Datas! The Dump make a 1:1 copy from the device with all privat datas...)

• Install 'Terminal Emulator' from Playstore
  • Open Terminal Emulator
  • type 'su' with your internal keyboard and press return button
  • grant Superuser access on upcoming popup window
  • now type the following line and press return button after finished typing:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modem.bin
==> this will generate 'modem.bin' (= Modem) on your internal SDcard (will be finished after a few seconds)

now type the following line and press return button after finished typing:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/boot.img
==> this will generate 'boot.img' (= Kernel) on your internal SDcard (will be finished after a few seconds)

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/hidden.img
==> this will generate 'hidden.img' (= preload partition) on your internal SDcard (will be finished after a few minutes, as it is more then 200 mb!)

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/system.img
==> this will generate 'system.img' (= system partition) on your internal SDcard (will be finished after a few minutes, as it is more then 1200 mb!)

Now you have the following output / files on your internal SDcard:

• modem.bin
  • boot.img
  • hidden.img
  • system.img

==> zip these 4 together and upload them to a hoster ==> post the link here or send me a PM

Credits for System Dump TuT goes to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2026054 i have only change the Mounting Parts and Names...

smegg

Jun 28, 2011
ballarat
@ohnor @smegg What do you want to do with this?? You and other users need a flashable File for flashing over Odin oder Heimdall?

We need the right Mounting Parts and a rooted Device.. then we can make a System Dump. I think the i925 have the same parts like the N8020?

(it must a full Stock Device without personal Datas! The Dump make a 1:1 copy from the device with all privat datas...)

• Open Terminal Emulator

Code:
==> this will generate 'modem.bin' (= Modem) on your internal SDcard (will be finished after a few seconds)

Code:
==> this will generate 'boot.img' (= Kernel) on your internal SDcard (will be finished after a few seconds)

Code:
==> this will generate 'hidden.img' (= preload partition) on your internal SDcard (will be finished after a few minutes, as it is more then 200 mb!)

Code:
==> this will generate 'system.img' (= system partition) on your internal SDcard (will be finished after a few minutes, as it is more then 1200 mb!)

• modem.bin
  • boot.img
  • hidden.img
  • system.img

==> zip these 4 together and upload them to a hoster ==> post the link here or send me a PM

Credits for System Dump TuT goes to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2026054 i have only change the Mounting Parts and Names...

WOW man! I was just about to post a link to these instructions so that we could do a proper odin tar for these guys, and here you are! So can someone with the rooted stock i925 follow these instructions and post the results for the kudos!!
Go Darkman!!

ohnor

Mar 1, 2013
WOW man! I was just about to post a link to these instructions so that we could do a proper odin tar for these guys, and here you are! So can someone with the rooted stock i925 follow these instructions and post the results for the kudos!!
Go Darkman!!

Thanks so much darkman! I know someone who is rooted and its willing to help. I'll direct him here!

SRobby

Mar 11, 2010
Rom Dump

I am currently dumping VRAME2 with functional root.

I will post up the files once i have finished, most likely it will be later tonight.

Hope this helps people out.

Reactions: h11h and jds3118

ohnor

Mar 1, 2013

• Open Terminal Emulator

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

• modem.bin
  • boot.img
  • hidden.img
  • system.img

Thanks so much darkman! What we're trying to do is restore root to our Note 10.1 devices. Initially the CASUAL build seen here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2263263 worked for our devices. But Verizon sent out a patch that broke our root and CASUAL no longer works. We're hoping that if we manage to get a working rooted image (or stock, but I don't think we'll find one), then we'll be one step closer to figuring out how to root our Note 10.1 again.

I'm not entirely sure what the Verizon update did to break our root, but CASUAL can't even get access to our devices anymore. It comes up with a libusb -12 error thing.

Oh and by the way, darkman, I found that you posted this a while back and just discovered it again:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2102677&page=14
If we have a stock ODIN image or at least one with root already would that work to give the rest of us root again?

Another question I had was another user used a rootkeeper app to preserve his root after the Verizon update messed it up. Is there any way of taking the data of his rootkeeper app and apply it to our devices?

Last edited:

ohnor

Mar 1, 2013
rumrunner exploit should work

Will someone with the latest version of the firmware, and quite a bit of common sense, see if you can obtain root using the rumrunner method here? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2473644

I believe it should allow for root access. But, don't follow the directions, push the exploit to the device and run it.

Link to this forum found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46578833#post46578833

I don't exactly understand how to do this so if someone could figure it out that'd be great!

smegg

Jun 28, 2011
ballarat
Can someone with a working stock rom and Linux extract a working odin tar to start with and I will build a rooted zip.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ACE'S FULL

Aug 31, 2011
Any updates to this at all? Attempted the casual root and for some reason I have a bootloop I cant fix. I just want to go back to stock. 3 day old tablet that now doesnt work. :crying:

smegg

Jun 28, 2011
ballarat
Can you get to cwm?
try this zip... http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880934998

Also I am uploading an experimental tar with all the images from sbrissens post in em. It can't be tested because I don't have your device...but no one who does seems interested in building a workin odin tar. Will update with a download tomorrow.

Last edited:

ACE'S FULL

Aug 31, 2011
Can you get to cwm?
try this zip...

Also I am uploading an experimental tar with all the images from sbrissens post in em. It can't be tested because I don't have your device...but no one who does seems interested in building a workin odin tar. Will update with a download tomorrow.

No CWM at all, the best I can do is Download Mode. Odin can see the tablet at least it shows up as a connected device in Odin but after that nothing. If you want me to be a tester for the tar I am down. Let me know.

Thanks!

Reactions: smegg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys here is a small update on my case.

Good News: The soft bricked I925 is once again working with certain limitations. I had mariosraptor (post credits to him) install a clean non verizon N8020 version on it.

Bad News: Despite the fact that sim card gets recognized, it does not gets activated. Another possible problem "haven't yet figured out" is GPS.

Things to clear out...
    I really don't know if I had the bootloader changed while trying to recover it at the beginning. In Odin's download mode, the model refers as GT-N8010 and not as SCH-I925. Members can validate thought...

Pm me if you want a stock sch-i925 image

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk HD
    Rom Dump

I am currently dumping VRAME2 with functional root.

I will post up the files once i have finished, most likely it will be later tonight.

Hope this helps people out.
    Drozek, could you describe a little bit further... If I understand correctly, and if I don't please correct me, the only actions I have taken towards unbrick is through oddin's mode, flashed a couple of firmwares I found at sam's firms but non one worked.

Thanks a lot!!!

Did you do this before it bricked:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2263263
    Yes Drozek. I did installed Casual... And everything was working ok... Then I installed the apn editor through Casual and everything falled apart. At the beginning I couldn't open settings menu... Then I logged back at Casual's menu and did a factory reset, hoping I would undo the damage...

Now just oddin download menu and nothing else...

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Drozek,

This is what I used...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2044449

Tab, was damage after installing second post apn editor...I am going nuts....

Have you tried to boot it into twrp and restore?
    Fixed URLS

https: //boycracked cum/portfolio/stock-firmware-i925vramk1-4-1-2-jellybean-for-samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-sch-i925v/

https: //www androidfilehost cum/?fid=24052804347830864