Solution to WakeLocks

Search This thread

Piolox

May 15, 2014
During 3 weeks after my device (S3 mini) go to water I have constant Wakelocks: My phone never enter in sleep mode also sometimes he turn on the screen alone then he turn off and again, he turns on . Sometimes the screen was off but he never enter in Sleep Mode.

As probably you guys done, I read all the threads in every forum and runned all the software diagnosis, shows a guilty RILJ, Wake Lan and others. Flashed several times different Roms, returned to original ROM and nothing, I blame Google services and the draconian instistence for try to know my location so I turn off even the account and nothing...

So after several Roms installed suffering the same problem the answer for the problem must be outside, in the hardware, and that was I pointed.
I started with the rigth side button, (turn on button) I changed it in a telephone store and no luck. so I opened the phone (like several times did) and disconnect 1 of the 2 connectors (the lower brown one) that are plugged in the mainboard and came from the screen and start the phone and put the most simple software to test the Deep Sleep Mode and...
Yes, my phone start to enter in Deep Sleep like he must do like always did!

So the problem is in the screen button, the physical one. for some reason he is scrub, maybe the water, maybe damaged but he is the only one who can Wake the phone since the rigth side one was replaced.

I have 2 choices to finally fix this problem try to replace the screen button or try to find the way to override the wake command from him.
and i found this page: //gamesandphones.com/fix-home-button-wake-samsung-galaxy-s3/"
This guy, Umair Gujjar, give the solution to finally solve the problem of my WAKELOCKS. I know the guys who never rooted their phones will have problems to make this step, but if you are here, probably you already did it. And as my, probably you will be able to solve the problem.

Top Liked Posts