Need help about s off please before i loose my mind

Search This thread

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Was having problems with adb in the past but now all is working. Could never get root access with adb shell but now that's fine.

My problem is when I get to the point in firewater instructions /data/local/tmp/firewater and from the countless of threads videos it seems that firewater just goes straight to the point saying explaining firewater can be dangerous....... please type Yes.

Here is my session on cmd

C:\Users\Bernard\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached

C:\Users\Bernard\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
SH43NWM12565 device

C:\Users\Bernard\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb reboot

C:\Users\Bernard\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb wait-for-device push firewater /
data/local/tmp
4093 KB/s (4519496 bytes in 1.078s)

C:\Users\Bernard\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb shell
shell@htc_m8:/ $ su
su
root@htc_m8:/ # chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
root@htc_m8:/ # /data/local/tmp/firewater
/data/local/tmp/firewater
root@htc_m8:/ #

Now everytime I hit enter after /data/local/tmp/firewater it just goes to root@htc_m8:/ # and will sit there well a long time

what the hell is up or am I doing something wrong

Please anybody help me

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Yeah through WiFi. Was typing this thread out while trying it again but nothing

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Re download firewater. No lock screen security. Unlock phone before running command. Let me know

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Re download firewater. No lock screen security. Unlock phone before running command. Let me know

Think I have downloaded Firewater 10times now just to be sure. But will try that and see if not then maybe it's windows 8.1 on my laptop causing the problem.

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Think I have downloaded Firewater 10times now just to be sure. But will try that and see if not then maybe it's windows 8.1 on my laptop causing the problem.

Could be. I would see if someone has a Mac or windows 7 machine you could use. Or virtual machine. I've done over 20 m8s and haven't ran into a problem yet on my Mac.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I could try to adb over inet if you want to try. I never have tried it but I'm game if you want me to try it for you.

Reactions: snwman

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Could be. I would see if someone has a Mac or windows 7 machine you could use. Or virtual machine. I've done over 20 m8s and haven't ran into a problem yet on my Mac.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I could try to adb over inet if you want to try. I never have tried it but I'm game if you want me to try it for you.

don't know anyone with mac. Can try on Windows 7 later when I get to parents house. Will give it a try and see. Cheers for the offer though just bugs me has to be something simple. If I can get that far on it

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Windows 8.1 worked for me first try. Make sure the device is rooted with weak sauce and has the message popup saying it has root after adb reboot. Maybe go into super su and forget adb and then grant it again.

Let me clarify on the first one. Weak sauce roots up to a minute after each boot so make sure you give it enough time after the adb reboot command to activate root before continuing

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Phone is already unlocked by HTC dev and rooted with supersu. I get root access to adb from supersu so nothing wrong in that aspect and already tried to forget adb in supersu and let it grant access again to same problem. I'm at work parents house today doing work so will try and get it to work. Will try on my laptop again if not will try Windows 7 pc here

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
God F~cking damn it I got the whelp message. Tried three time just to be sure. And kept getting 1st bottle opening chugging then whelping message after that. Nothing to day that the device can not be s off just shows two lines of the whelping message then cmd goes back to the start as if just opeing up waiting for a command...

Guess I cant get s off :crying:

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Just wait and you shall receive. Eventually got s off lads thanks very much for the help. Just kept trying and done a tip that was on another thread. When first bottle was chugging I copied a decent size file and copied it to any folder on internal memory of phone and low and behold it worked. Now s off

Sir-Fix-a-Lot

Jun 17, 2014
Just wait and you shall receive. Eventually got s off lads thanks very much for the help. Just kept trying and done a tip that was on another thread. When first bottle was chugging I copied a decent size file and copied it to any folder on internal memory of phone and low and behold it worked. Now s off

I had some similar issues when running firewater on Win7, so I used Mint 17 with no issues...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I kept getting first bottle chugging then two whelp messages after that for 5 times in a row. So I read on another thread that get prepaired to copy a file to your internal memory card from the computer just drag and drop. Once you see the 1st bottle message copy a decent file size over to your phone I used a 300mb file. And first attempt of that I got s off.

But I actually done something different as well. Turned any screen lock all together and went to display options and went to option screen timeout and selected 10minutes. Just to be sure downloaded fresh file of firewater.

There are two whelp messages, one which will tell you it'll never work (so if you got that one, don't let the OP give you false hope) and the one where it just fails and transferring a large file will help (which the OP had)...