Dumb WM6 Question

Search This thread

warmkiwi99

Aug 29, 2006
How do I upgrade my Ttn to WM6? Is it a lotter better than WM5? Is it stable? Should I wait until people more knowledgable than me have checked it out?

SkyyBoy

if you are not comfortable hacking/tweaking your TyTN, then leave it for now.
this release is UNSUPPORTED by your carrier, so this forum is the ONLY place to get bugfixes. there are some issues (read the wiki), but they are minor IMHO. However, as this ROM is based upon a beta WM6 ROM there surely are other "issues" to be discovered.
if you are willing to devote the time and energy to hacking/tweaking and will not freak out at every little issue (and if you MUST have the latest and greatest) then go ahead and upgrade.
you can always downgrade if necessary...

TaurusBullba R.I.P.

Retired Senior Moderator - The Bull Is Back
Sep 15, 2006
In your SIM slot
if you are not comfortable hacking/tweaking your TyTN, then leave it for now.
this release is UNSUPPORTED by your carrier, so this forum is the ONLY place to get bugfixes. there are some issues (read the wiki), but they are minor IMHO. However, as this ROM is based upon a beta WM6 ROM there surely are other "issues" to be discovered.
if you are willing to devote the time and energy to hacking/tweaking and will not freak out at every little issue (and if you MUST have the latest and greatest) then go ahead and upgrade.
you can always downgrade if necessary...

That's not entirely true. XDA Live V0.20 is actually not the beta ROM like the .10 or Vanilla. This one is the full, non beta version. But I totally agree with you. You don't need to be a genius to install this, but you have to be somewhat tech savvy to tinker with it and let's not forget VERY patient. ;)

scorpio16v

Oct 3, 2006
www.youtube.com
That's not entirely true. XDA Live V0.20 is actually not the beta ROM like the .10 or Vanilla. This one is the full, non beta version.
And that's not correct:
Q: Will you still release a version based on the original Rom (from your unnamed source).
A: WMXL v0.20 uses my original Base Rom. Please note that the Vanilla Rom is derived from the same Base Rom as I have been using. The big difference is that I spent a lot of time sifting through the Rom files sorting what to delete whereas the Vanilla Rom, while good, has had a little too much trimmed off in some areas while junk has been left standing in others. Another difference is that I have changed a few files in WMXL v0.20 so that it can support Cingular's PTT.

see:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=1154499&postcount=4