[Q] Why no call recording?

Search This thread

dente

Feb 15, 2012
Ok, there are several thread about the nexus s and the call recording problem, but it's still a mistery why all call recorders on the market don't work on this phone.

Is it a hardware limitation? Does the nexus one \ galaxy nexus have problems in recording calls?

I'm new to android, I bought this phone last week because I saw a lot of recording apps on the market and I tought they were ok.

This is a main feature for me, and I'm thinking to sell the nexus (despite I love it) if I don't find a solution :(

Plz don't let this thread die, like the others.

NeriElNexus

Feb 3, 2012
Hmm..is it illegal to record call? (maybe wrong.)

Anyway, try flashing MIUI GB (BM, KelLMSKing..etc), they have call record on its feature.
But dunno it works well.

Hope it works well on you. :D

Reactions: PatchouliNim

obsanity

Jun 4, 2010
Call recording is blocked on all stock ROMs simply because of legal/privacy ramifications. The only way to do it is through a custom ROM but even Cyanogenmod team does not allow it.

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
Call recording is blocked on all stock ROMs simply because of legal/privacy ramifications. The only way to do it is through a custom ROM but even Cyanogenmod team does not allow it.

I dunno about the NS but on my old Evo Shift the stock CM7 kernel supported call recording. From what I understand its just a patch that needs to be added to the kernel. As far as illegality it varies from country to country and state to state. Personally I liked having it as an option.

PatchouliNim

Jan 24, 2012
Tongyeong

Anyway, try flashing MIUI GB (BM, KelLMSKing..etc), they have call record on its feature.
But dunno it works well.

Oh, you're right. In our and another country, it is illegal.. (However, I don't know Nexus S doesn't have it because of it..)
And I failed it on GB MIUI.. :( But I wonder if It is limited to me

NeriElNexus

Feb 3, 2012
Oh, you're right. In our and another country, it is illegal.. (However, I don't know Nexus S doesn't have it because of it..)
And I failed it on GB MIUI.. :( But I wonder if It is limited to me

Hmm.

You failed to recording call with MIUI GB?

Let me try MIUI GB call record and I will reply result of my test on this thread.

Maybe I need to use older version of MIUI GB; Formels(not a KelLMSKing), etc.

dente

Feb 15, 2012
I emaild skvalex, creator of Call Recorder
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21317161&postcount=1

The answer was: "CallRecorder doesnt support your phone*"

wow thanks, but I still don't know why. If it's a hardware problem, or just lazy programmer that don't want to write a patch for the kernel.

Hmm.

You failed to recording call with MIUI GB?

Let me try MIUI GB call record and I will reply result of my test on this thread.

Maybe I need to use older version of MIUI GB; Formels(not a KelLMSKing), etc.

ok thanks.

NeriElNexus

Feb 3, 2012
Yep. I have that problem when I use MIUI On October.. So I don't know in latest MIUI!

And Thanks! :)

I emaild skvalex, creator of Call Recorder
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21317161&postcount=1

The answer was: "CallRecorder doesnt support your phone*"

wow thanks, but I still don't know why. If it's a hardware problem, or just lazy programmer that don't want to write a patch for the kernel.

ok thanks.

Have tests on three different MIUI GB.

1.11.18 MIUI Brainmaster, KelLMSKing MIUI 2.8.1/2.9.5, MIUI Galnet GB 2.2.10

Flash, 10 minute stablization, reboot, test.
(Thx for my bro's Galaxy S)

That three MIUI has REC button during call(both in/out), but disabled(inactivated).

My NS' battery is almost out, so my tests are over for now.
(Writing in internet club, but no one has usb data cable!)

Sorry for bad result bros :(

Maybe next time Ill try more, if i dare :D

arabian1982

Nov 9, 2010
Callrecorder

callrecorder app (I think it is around 10 dollar) does work with my galaxy nexus
I contacted the developer and he seems to be in the beta stage for nexus 4
the app would be updated at some point I'm sure

not immediately but it is not really a long time because the developer is an active one

Alexander Skvortsov

Feb 20 (4 days ago)

to me
7:09 PM me: any plans to support LG nexus 4
7:10 PM for the callrecorder
Alexander: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38110433&postcount=1165
10 minutes
7:21 PM me: thanks

hellcatt

Jun 23, 2010
chicago
google voice has call recording for incoming calls by pressing 4, it then announces the call is being recorded for the purpose of consent.

if someone calls you and you press 4 it announces the call is being recorded. if the person calling you does not want to be recorded they can hang up,

newbie1908

Dec 19, 2011
google voice has call recording for incoming calls by pressing 4, it then announces the call is being recorded for the purpose of consent.

if someone calls you and you press 4 it announces the call is being recorded. if the person calling you does not want to be recorded they can hang up,

r u sure about that??:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

But dunno it works well.