[ROM][RESTORE][5-12-13]Back to UNROOTED Stock with Auto Flash Count Reset

Search This thread

jyan_osu

Jan 13, 2007
Ugh.. I think I might have messed up something. So I tried this and then it gave me an error on my phone..It rebooted and then it would just boot loop. Ok I thought I'll just Odin back .. but everytime I tried any TAR to Odin it would just stop at cache.img.. I am able to get into TWRP and when I tried a restore, it restored fine, but then it would say

E: Unable to mount /efs
E: Unable to mount /preload
E: Unable to mount /carrier

Of course it won't boot.. it stays stuck at Samsung Galaxy Note II screen.

I've tried various operations, megawipes and such and it would still give me that error on my Sprint Galaxy Note 2 at the end.

Can anyone help me please?

AirborneCmH

Sep 7, 2011
Michigan
Re: [ROM][RESTORE][1-13-13]Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset (FINAL

Maybe try this since your having carrier problems? Put this on your sd card. Go into your recovery and flash it. Then restore your back up and see if your phone boots. If it does then try to flash the zip in the thread again to unroot your phone. Also I would re download the unrooting zip file Billard posted. Maybe you had a bad download. It happens. Don't know if this will help but give it a shot.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658471951

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II

jyan_osu

Jan 13, 2007
Maybe try this since your having carrier problems? Put this on your sd card. Go into your recovery and flash it. Then restore your back up and see if your phone boots. If it does then try to flash the zip in the thread again to unroot your phone. Also I would re download the unrooting zip file Billard posted. Maybe you had a bad download. It happens. Don't know if this will help but give it a shot.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658471951

No go
Failed
Says assert failed: package_extract_file ("tz.img","/dev/block/mmcblk0p2"_
E:Error in /external_sdcard/LJC-MA5-All-In-One.zip
(Status 7)

tried 2 different sd cards

AirborneCmH

Sep 7, 2011
Michigan
Re: [ROM][RESTORE][1-13-13]Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset (FINAL

No go
Failed
(Status 7)

Don't know what happened to you. I ran the file and it worked just fine. What Odin version are you trying to use?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

No go
Failed
(Status 7)

Found this. Try it out. It won't hurt. Download and flash a stock kernel. Then down load a rooted stock rom and flash it 2 or 3 times. Won't hurt to try. If you get the error messages after flashing it twice, try to boot the phone up anyway after the 2 or 3 flashes.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2052802

AirborneCmH

Sep 7, 2011
Michigan

jyan_osu

Jan 13, 2007
Don't know what happened to you. I ran the file and it worked just fine. What Odin version are you trying to use?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Found this. Try it out. It won't hurt. Download and flash a stock kernel. Then down load a rooted stock rom and flash it 2 or 3 times. Won't hurt to try. If you get the error messages after flashing it twice, try to boot the phone up anyway after the 2 or 3 flashes.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2052802

I tried Odin 3.04 and 3.07 and 1.85

Just tried to flash SPH-L900_LJC_Stock_Kernal.zip failed Status 7 again then at the end i get
E:unable to mount '/efs'
E:unable to mount '/preload'
E:unable to mount '/carrier'

If I use the TWRP file manager I do see carrier, es, preload directories but they are empty

Tried to flash a Stock Rooted Rom and it says Error Status 1

I can't find CMW TAR for Sprint. I did a google search and a search here but came up with nothing.. is it even out yet? One site even said that CMW is still being built for the Sprint Note 2 so use TWRP instead. I'll need it as a TAR to flash via Odin as that seems to be the only way to get stuff working it seems as far as recovery goes.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

OK this is interesting.. I updated to TWRP 2.4.1 from 2.3.1 and now I only see
E: Unable to mount '/efs'
E: Unable to mount '/preload'

the one for carrier is now gone....

Last edited:

JT man

Sep 10, 2007
I tried Odin 3.04 and 3.07 and 1.85

Just tried to flash SPH-L900_LJC_Stock_Kernal.zip failed Status 7 again then at the end i get
E:unable to mount '/efs'
E:unable to mount '/preload'
E:unable to mount '/carrier'

If I use the TWRP file manager I do see carrier, es, preload directories but they are empty

Tried to flash a Stock Rooted Rom and it says Error Status 1

I can't find CMW TAR for Sprint. I did a google search and a search here but came up with nothing.. is it even out yet? One site even said that CMW is still being built for the Sprint Note 2 so use TWRP instead. I'll need it as a TAR to flash via Odin as that seems to be the only way to get stuff working it seems as far as recovery goes.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

OK this is interesting.. I updated to TWRP 2.4.1 from 2.3.1 and now I only see
E: Unable to mount '/efs'
E: Unable to mount '/preload'

the one for carrier is now gone....
try this might help http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/t0ltespr

jyan_osu

Jan 13, 2007

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Ugh.. I think I might have messed up something. So I tried this and then it gave me an error on my phone..It rebooted and then it would just boot loop. Ok I thought I'll just Odin back .. but everytime I tried any TAR to Odin it would just stop at cache.img.. I am able to get into TWRP and when I tried a restore, it restored fine, but then it would say

E: Unable to mount /efs
E: Unable to mount /preload
E: Unable to mount /carrier

Of course it won't boot.. it stays stuck at Samsung Galaxy Note II screen.

I've tried various operations, megawipes and such and it would still give me that error on my Sprint Galaxy Note 2 at the end.

Can anyone help me please?
Did you try using Odin with repartition checked. If you haven't resolved this yet I would suggest trying to repartition

jyan_osu

Jan 13, 2007

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010

I just ran this just now, the version as of a couple hours ago, and it worked fine for me.

I saw no opportunity to flash the root zip during the process so I lost root, but it took me from rooted ma5 with garwynn 0.2.2 kernel and twrp 2.4.1.0 right to ljc stock, no problems.

Then from there I was able to flash the full ota ma7 update.zip with no problems. Then odin twrp, and flash root and restore everything from titanium so now I'm all back but fully ma7 now.

Thanks much!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Last edited:

AirborneCmH

Sep 7, 2011
Michigan

Whoa! Almost :) I got a stock rom with stock recovery to flash via ODIN with that PIT.. it just boot loops.. so I go into recovery.. which is stock.. and it says E:failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)

So because I don't have a backup of efs I think i'm toast right?

Thanks for your help billard412!

I've been doing a lot of googling to try and help you. From what I've read you soft bricked it, but a severe soft brick that requires a lot of work. I couldn't find a fix for you. Found a lot of forums talking about your problem and getting into ADB to run some commands. I wish you luck and sorry about your phone.

Reactions: jyan_osu

jyan_osu

Jan 13, 2007
I've been doing a lot of googling to try and help you. From what I've read you soft bricked it, but a severe soft brick that requires a lot of work. I couldn't find a fix for you. Found a lot of forums talking about your problem and getting into ADB to run some commands. I wish you luck and sorry about your phone.

Yeah.. I have no idea how this even happened.. Ive been doing this since the Evo 4G days so flashed a ton of items. first time this ever happened.. I'll be sure to back up my EFS folder next time
Thanks for your help

Reactions: AirborneCmH

Shrubby

Oct 25, 2008
Orlando, FL
Noob needs step by step

Please help this noob with step by step instructions.

I kinda of understand some of the instructions in the OP but i'm a little confused.
Do i need to rename the downloaded zip to update.zip?

1, Do the reset from with in the menu for factory data reset under system setting backup and reset?
2. reboot
3. Do you reboot again and hold vol up/pwr/home? then select wipe?
4. Turn off phone and hold vol dwn/pwr/home for download mode? Will that use the zip file on sd card automatically or do i need to select a file?
5. Will it do the flash and everything else automatically from this point?

Any help to noobs would be greatly appreciated and maybe the OP can use the steps?

Thanks everyone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did this for the Galaxy SIII and figured I would do the same for the Note II as well.
    This will take your phone back to UNROOTED stock as well as restore the STOCK RECOVERY, STOCK KERNEL, MC2 RADIO and FIRMWARE. It Will also RESET THE FLASH COUNT to no (0) and restore the official binary and system status as well. If you have updated to MK4 officially and have the MK4 KNOX bootloader with the "knox warranty void" status in download mode, this will REMOVE but NOT RESET it. So this is still perfect for a trip to the sprint store. Does exactly what an odin flash would without needing a PC. And unlike odin this gives you the ability to downgrade flawlessly from ANY firmware version. This is the ONLY way to come back from the dreaded knox upgrade.

NOW FOR THE INSTALL:

NOTE THAT FOR THIS TO BE POSSIBLE THIS MUST RUN COMMANDS THAT MOST ROM FLASHES DO NOT USE.
    DUE TO THIS, USING GOO MANAGER AND ROM MANAGER TO INITIATE THE FLASH CAN CAUSE ISSUES. PLEASE MANUALLY BOOT TO RECOVERY AND START THE FLASH THERE.

As with most roms wipe data/factory reset prior to flashing!
    I have always been a fan of clockworkmod recovery myself, but if using this I must recommend TWRP. On rare occurances, clockworkmod recovery has corrupted the cache partition when flashing this, causing issues with the second part of this restore. So use cwm at your own risk.
    When finished you hit reboot as you would at the end of any rom flash but before the phone boots into the system it will automatically boot into my "special" version of TWRP and finish the process.(Which takes about 10 seconds).
    When this is done you will be completely unrooted and back to square one with the exception of the internal sd card. (It will NOT be touched) So if you want to remain rooted then flash THIS (or click the little su guy below) after the restore zip before you reboot.

As far as I know there is only a 16gb version of the Note II for Sprint. If I'm wrong on that please correct me and note that this is ONLY TO BE USED ON A 16GB SPH-L900. This will most likely brick any other phone. And as always, FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK. As I am not responsible if this makes your phone melt. This flashes important partitions so verifying the md5 is recommended. Think that about covers it.

INTERESTED IN SEEING THIS ON ANOTHER CARRIER/DEVICE? CLICK HERE! AND LET ME KNOW.

NEW MC2 DOWNLOAD
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    MD5- 88d8dd0628261e7ef797d87c81240988

EMERGENCY DROPBOX MIRROR

Please Do Not Abuse This Mirror.
    The image above is supposed to be a dropbox logo. If it is a broken picture it means the account (and that link) is suspended.

FLASH TO KEEP ROOT

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Older MA7 Downloads
    Download Here
    MD5- fea1274b3c8286df654c218b0c13cea8

MIRROR

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OLD LJC DOWNLOADS
    Download Here
    LJC MD5- df6fa647492b7de427fc89d9d4e2bb81

MIRROR

MIRROR 2

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IF I FORGOT ANYTHING OR YOU NEED MORE INFO YOU CAN PROBABLY FIND IT HERE

NEED SOME HELP WITH THIS?
    CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW IT'S DONE

Thanks @wwjoshdew for the vid!

Attached below is a flashable version of garwynn and EViL-KoNCEPTz chameleon fc/carrier fix and my special version of TWRP 2.4.2.0 with a /carrier wipe option for those who may need it. They are NOT required if using this restore.
    Thanks for making this convenient return-to-stock zip and counter reset.

Just to verify, does your zip correct the problem with the carrier partition when reverting back to LJC after updating to LK8?
    I was able to activate and update prl n profile but was still getting the chameleon force close if /carrier wasn't wiped before the flash. Seeing as how twrp doesn't have that option and most people prefer it over cwm, I am currently uploading a new version which will wipe the carrier partition too. With carrier wiped, coming back from lk8 was flawless
    Mc2 is posted!!
    Same here

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

So I'm on MC2 stock unrooted, used Billards fix. Should I take the OTA to 4.3 then root and wait for rooted 4.4.2? I feel unnerved by taking 4.4.2 OTA and not be able to obtain root. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Charles

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

http://download.chainfire.eu/446/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r3.zip

Just take the Ota to 4.4. Then use Odin to flash your recovery of choice. In the recovery flash chainfires super su installer zip from the link above. Then flash the de-knox zip for 4.3. It's attached below if you don't have it. These are the steps I took and they worked great for me