Need help porting CM to Note 3. Need more developers.

Search This thread

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
Thanks for experimenting with "pre-alpha" unofficial builds, adventurous ones!

It's fun to see it progressing, but I'm on the sidelines until there's an alpha with a working camera + radio (cliché - I know), and a listing of major bugs that don't prevent DailyDriver status. :)

(I've built CM10 in the past for my old SGS3, but I can't help out here, since my 16GB PC blew a PS recently)

gakio12

Dec 30, 2011
Boise
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_hltetmo" path="device/samsung/hltetmo" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_msm8960-common" path="device/samsung/msm8960-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_hlte-common" path="device/samsung/hlte-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_hlte" path="kernel/samsung/hlte" remote="github" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" />
</manifest>

When I use your xml, I get a duplicate entry error when I try to repo sync. Went back to my xml that only has TheMuppets line and it works. With the patch from gerrit, I am getting it to build now. We'll see what happens. :silly:

wilfredlams

Feb 27, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_hltetmo" path="device/samsung/hltetmo" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_msm8960-common" path="device/samsung/msm8960-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_hlte-common" path="device/samsung/hlte-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_hlte" path="kernel/samsung/hlte" remote="github" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" />
</manifest>

Thanks, I will add this after the sync.

noobnl

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2010
Do that like so:

Code:
gedit .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml

A text editor window will pop up (install gedit with sudo apt-get install gedit if you don't have it installed). Copy and paste my local manifest into the gedit window. If you already have something there, just copy the project lines that you don't already have rather than overwriting it. You can omit the hltetmo line as you aren't building for hltetmo.

Edit: New build with patch has working modem (at least the baseband is detected, haven't put my SIM back in yet) but still no audio. I removed the camera hal file and it booted fine. No nfc or camera either. WiFi, bluetooth, usb, S-Pen, battery charge detect, status LED, vibration all work great. My external SD is not mounting (64GB exFAT).

you need to reboot the system after the inital boot, there is a race condition on every install. that makes audio don't work so reboot on every install

nighthawk626

Jan 30, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well currently using the ROM right meow. Sound isn't working but its a pretty stable ROM so far. If feels great having aosp on my phone again. Much appreciation to every dev that made this possible. Especially you calcprogrammer1. You're awesome man

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Well currently using the ROM right meow. Sound isn't working but its a pretty stable ROM so far. If feels great having aosp on my phone again. Much appreciation to every dev that made this possible. Especially you calcprogrammer1. You're awesome man

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Did you read where it says reboot on every install to get sound working. Or did you just flash and go?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wilfredlams

Feb 27, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Awesome, worked as you said. Reboot and audio is good.

Here's the new link, probably going to burn out this one as well but w/e, it's my old school account.

https://mega.co.nz/#!0INQzb6Z!DWvGeDfbWn9lFCzG_rN2xhi82q8p782wZrx3U6fBgn8

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Fq0HEJolPteTlVX1oyc2FZM3M/edit?usp=sharing

Hi, my internet is quite slow, it's still syncing from the repo, could you try build an international version since you have all the source? Would be really nice if you could. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For now I'm trying with the line:

# Override healthd HAL
    # BOARD_HAL_STATIC_LIBRARIES := libhealthd.qcom

commented out in device/samsung/qcom-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk. This includes a local version of libhealthd which does not appear to be compiling correctly. libhealthd apparently deals with battery monitoring so we'll see where it goes. From what I gather there's a default version if you don't override it.

Edit:

If I get a build that works I'll post it. I would say for anyone who does get a working build to not start a new original dev thread for it though, leave the thread for the official releases. That's just my opinion though.

Edit 2:

Still a few proprietary files missing from the muppets repo apparently - /system/lib/hw/nfc.MSM8974.so was not found. I pulled it from my device manually. We'll see where that goes.

Edit 3:

It goes in vendor/samsung/hltetmo/proprietary/lib/hw/

Edit 4:

Kernel is building! That's progress.

Edit 5:

20 minutes later, still going. Using 4 cores on an AMD A8-3870K processor with make -j4. At mksnapshot.arm stage.

Edit 6:

Man this is taking a long time! It's still going though. I'm away from home remoted into my home server over VPN so whenever it is done building, if it produces any .zip file, it'll take a while to copy it over the VPN (bridges my house and parents' house) which is over the Internet. Hopefully it's not in the multiple GB range size-wise.

Edit 7:

We're building APKs now.

Edit 8:

Build finished, no errors, but no .zip. System, userdata, recovery img files all there but no zip. I ran make -j4, maybe I need to run brunch instead? Trying that now.

Edit 9:

That makes a .zip! I did read an error though in building the kernel - error was that modules were not enabled and said to enable loadable modules in kernel config. I have no idea why modules would be disabled...that's a big feature of Linux it's missing out on!

Edit 10:

And there we have it! cm-11-20131228-UNOFFICIAL-hltetmo.zip is copying from my remote server to my laptop at a blistering 320KB/sec! Now to poke around in the updater script to make sure it isn't going to wipe the wrong partitions and such before I actually flash it which will be after I wake up as it's 3:30AM and I'm tired.

Edit 11:

What the heck, sleep can wait. Zip looks good and it's flash time!
    Ran into a nasty mess:

hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7275:62: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 1 of 'bool omx_vdec::post_event(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)' [-Wconversion-null]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7279:63: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 1 of 'bool omx_vdec::post_event(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)' [-Wconversion-null]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7289:61: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7334:38: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7335:38: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7338:62: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7340:66: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7351:102: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7352:81: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7381:25: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7381:71: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7382:25: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7382:74: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'

I'm not sure what the problem here is but it's not hlte (unless we're not defining something that switches on those members)...from what I read on another thread it is a side effect from frequently updated code but this was last updated in November. Also git seemed to be on the wrong branch (said it was not on a branch) so I switched it to cm-10.2 branch. If that doesn't work I might have to move up to cm-11.0 branch.

Edit...meh, it was a debug statement. Now it's gone.

Edit: The video decoder thing seems to be a version mismatch between the include headers in the Linux kernel (include/linux/msm_vidc_dec.h) and the qualcomm hardware media-caf repository. I think we will need to merge over the changes from Cyanogen's msm8930 kernel branch. This appears to be the case for a lot of media-caf/audio-caf/display-caf. I'm going to bed, but hey, progress!
    Happy times are ahead of us! Several patches over at the review site are going through the works to fix calling and my test build worked! I was able to dial voicemail and enter my password and hear my messages no problem at all!

Uploading build now to mega. Thanks to Hashcode and Shareef for the patches!

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56623/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56626/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56627/

I'll edit in a mega link when it's up, then I'm off for the night.

Edit: Here it is!

https://mega.co.nz/#!xU1B0aiB!LkGvY38tZAXFOPOZzrYMtzqm8B8Omk6g9jIBM4PiLcM
    My build completed and I copied it to my laptop. I'm out for a bit so I haven't loaded it to my phone yet. I'll test it and upload when I get back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
    Im working on porting CyanogenMod to the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    I have the CM source code and I have been experimenting with all sorts of files and reading build and porting guides BUT to no avail.
    Without the proper blobs, I have found this to be an impossible task.
    Looking for a few people who are interested in giving me a hand doing this without the blobs.

^I had to clarify this just so everyone was on the same page.^

You can reach me here on XDA.