[Q] Sprint S5 can be used on T-mobile?

Search This thread

pdub110

Jun 15, 2010
Just got a Galaxy S5 from a vendor for free but with Sprint. I'm on t-Mobile, is there any way to make it work with t-Mobile by chance? Sorry haven't rooted or ROM'd a phone since my good ole days on the HTC EVO. I tried to search the forums, apologize if this has been asked and answered.

devo3d

Oct 10, 2012
Huntsville
Just got a Galaxy S5 from a vendor for free but with Sprint. I'm on t-Mobile, is there any way to make it work with t-Mobile by chance? Sorry haven't rooted or ROM'd a phone since my good ole days on the HTC EVO. I tried to search the forums, apologize if this has been asked and answered.

I have the same question...I'm not on Tmobile yet but I have a Sim card and was going to try and activate but I think I'll Root and Custom Recovery first...My device is one I got a good price because it has a bad ESN for Sprint so yeah...I hope it can go on Tmobile :silly:

* I'm not 100% sure but I think the Sprint S5's are GSM Unlocked.....Can some one confirm?

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX

If it supports the LTE bands that TMO uses, then go for it.
Check out gsmarena or some other sites to compare which LTE bands it supports and for which bands TMO is using.

But its quite likely it does NOT support all LTE bands, if any.

Reactions: pdub110

pdub110

Jun 15, 2010
i dont think it can

unlocking it only lets you use it internationally

I tried putting my SIM card in, says Not Valid SIM. I'm guessing i could probably get around that somehow but i don't know if all the LTE bands are supported. I'm busy with work but if i somehow figure it out i will post something. But i guess i should start with the radio's as suggested.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If it supports the LTE bands that TMO uses, then go for it.
    Check out gsmarena or some other sites to compare which LTE bands it supports and for which bands TMO is using.

But its quite likely it does NOT support all LTE bands, if any.
    i dont think it can

unlocking it only lets you use it internationally