[Q] [q] stock everything? :(

Search This thread

andyzeng1993

Oct 15, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm trying to make my S2 HD LTE (i757M) back to FACTORY STOCK condition. I installed a custom firmware and recovery mode before, and now i'm just running stock firmware but not a stock recovery loader?

I want to reset it so I can utilize the (settings>about device> software update) It currently says my device has been modified.
I just want a newbie guide on how to make my phone completely stock again.

My phone has been super laggy ever since I installed the custom MOD: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/general/dadoes-rom-t2175777

I'm currently running this, and even more hella' laggy. Sometime's it't not even bearable that I have to take off the case and take out the battery because I can't even open the system menu to restart the phone. But sometimes it runs smoothly fine, really weird.
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/general/rom-samsung-stock-rom-t2272102

So can someone guide me on a path to make this phone official samsung firmware and completely stock? Please it would really help me out... Thanks xda community!

Last edited:

andyzeng1993

Oct 15, 2012

Sorry i made a mistake in my post, this is what i'm running right now man (the link you provided), but it's not factory stock :X. I can't go to settings and utilize the system update because it recognizes my device as a modified device. I want to update from my 4.1.2 to kitkat but on OFFICIAL STOCK FIRMWARE. Does it work if I just use the Factory Data Reset? Or would that brick my phone since I'm running a different firmware that's not the factory provided one?

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
Sorry i made a mistake in my post, this is what i'm running right now man (the link you provided), but it's not factory stock :X. I can't go to settings and utilize the system update because it recognizes my device as a modified device. I want to update from my 4.1.2 to kitkat but on OFFICIAL STOCK FIRMWARE. Does it work if I just use the Factory Data Reset? Or would that brick my phone since I'm running a different firmware that's not the factory provided one?

factory reset just wipes /data
no harm in trying.

I think you also need to run triangle away.

have you consulted the support website for your carrier to see if they have an "updater" which will flash to stock?

if so, then wipe /data with factory reset, use the updater without letting your turn phone on after you did the factory reset.(so it doesn't setup /data again and cause conflicts with the new flash)

does kies software work at all?

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

also, did you wipe your phone completely from recovery before you flashed the zip in the link I provided?

andyzeng1993

Oct 15, 2012
factory reset just wipes /data
no harm in trying.

I think you also need to run triangle away.

have you consulted the support website for your carrier to see if they have an "updater" which will flash to stock?

if so, then wipe /data with factory reset, use the updater without letting your turn phone on after you did the factory reset.(so it doesn't setup /data again and cause conflicts with the new flash)

does kies software work at all?

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

also, did you wipe your phone completely from recovery before you flashed the zip in the link I provided?

Yeah I did wipe my phone completely from recovery (I did all the steps correctly when flashing a ROM)
Kies doesn't even work with my phone and I dont know what triangle away is.

I haven't consulted the support website, but I don't think they deal with you if you flash custom ROM

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
Yeah I did wipe my phone completely from recovery (I did all the steps correctly when flashing a ROM)
Kies doesn't even work with my phone and I dont know what triangle away is.

I haven't consulted the support website, but I don't think they deal with you if you flash custom ROM

They utilize download mode. so yes, if they have an updater exe tool it should update your phone to the latest stock.

triangle away is an app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.triangleaway