Pulled the trigger on the Note PRO 12.2 today with FREE Keyboard

Search This thread

double07

May 14, 2008
I got the same sale but am I the only one that is returning tablet?
I just can not find enough reasons to keep it since I already have a powerful laptop and note 3. I am actually leaning towards a surface pro. Reasoning has to do with websites especially ones concerning my college as some websites load weird on the tab. Also even with keyboard its still awkward as it another item I have to keep around while I'm not typing which I want to do papers on this. But since the keyboard doesn't fit well when your using tablet but not keyboard kinda annoying opinions?

If you were thinking about NP12 to place your mainstream laptop, then it is definately a "No". What many people failed to understand is: With today's tablet, it can only be a great companient, it is not yet a laptop replacement for many people. But for lowkey usage people, it can easily replace laptop. The manufature is trying though. I have Microsoft Surface Pro, it is a full blown laptop in tablet form factor. The only problem with Surface pro, it is freaking HEAVY! and small screen. Other than that it can do pretty much anything and everyting I do. I still like the SP. I will probably ending up getting Surface Pro 3 at some point, but only when there is great deal. There is no way I will pay $$$$ for it.

As far as the web site from your school, the browser usually default to mobile mode. You might want to try to switch to desktop mode and see if that format your school web site properly? You'll probably want to get Surface Pro, perhaps 3 if you want screen size.

Again, the Note table is not for everyone and definately not a laptop replacement, not yet.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Looking good! How is the Logitech mouse working? I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000. I was at Best Buy today and almost purchased the S-Mouse, but I also saw the white Logitech mouse.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I got this Logitec mouse for my Surface Pro. It works perfectly with Note Pro 12. I didn't have to do anything. It just works! I asked the Samsung rep when I picked up the NP12, he told me any bluetooth mouse without doggle should work fine. I like the Logitec due to size and it has dual connections switch for two seperate devices. However, due to its size it can be too small for those that has bigger hand. The clicking sound can be a little loud, especially while you are in the meeting clicking away...

GMAN1722

Oct 14, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Black Keyboard Cover Case

I had to wait to get my free keyboard as the store didn't have the black one. Well i just picked it up and to my surprise it was black (based on others and best buy's website saying that you can't order it online). I really like how it is slim as a cover. I do wish though, as others have said, that you would be able to use it on the back of the tablet when you just want to use the tablet on its own. I like the way that the tablet sits in it as well. Now to get the S action mouse. Saw it in best buy for $40 but also see it online at staples and B&H for cheaper (less than $30) - but currently not in stock.

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
I had to wait to get my free keyboard as the store didn't have the black one. Well i just picked it up and to my surprise it was black (based on others and best buy's website saying that you can't order it online). I really like how it is slim as a cover. I do wish though, as others have said, that you would be able to use it on the back of the tablet when you just want to use the tablet on its own. I like the way that the tablet sits in it as well. Now to get the S action mouse. Saw it in best buy for $40 but also see it online at staples and B&H for cheaper (less than $30) - but currently not in stock.

When I purchased the Galaxy Note PRO. The black keyboard couldn't be ordered. I got the white one, but if it becomes available before the end of 45 days, the guy said I can return it and get the black one. Though I'm getting use to the white keyboard with my black Note PRO.

Girl527

Previous device

Happen to be at Best Buy and had always thought the the price was a bit high for the Note PRO 12.2. But today it was on sale, which by the way I was only going to get the 12.2 PRO. My wife said you might as well get the Note PRO for $649.99 and got the $129.99 Samsung keyboard for free. So far, really liking what Samsung has done with this Android tablet. I'm still a Windows user but this really comes close to what I need to get done.

I already tried using a Remote application to access my Surface Pro 2 tablet and works great. I haven't loaded the remote app that Samsung provides. I will continue to use this and test out for on the road use.

What were you coming from?

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007

I am still using the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition and also the Surface Pro 2. Still trying to fit in the Note PRO. Today used the Note PRO 12.2 to go over some PDF files at work around the conference table. Worked great just as if I had printed out the PDF files.

Reactions: Girl527

Vlip3

Jan 8, 2009
Forest, VA
Happen to be at Best Buy and had always thought the the price was a bit high for the Note PRO 12.2. But today it was on sale, which by the way I was only going to get the 12.2 PRO. My wife said you might as well get the Note PRO for $649.99 and got the $129.99 Samsung keyboard for free. So far, really liking what Samsung has done with this Android tablet. I'm still a Windows user but this really comes close to what I need to get done.

I already tried using a Remote application to access my Surface Pro 2 tablet and works great. I haven't loaded the remote app that Samsung provides. I will continue to use this and test out for on the road use.

Wow! That's great! I paid $685 and $129 for mine and before the 15 days were up, they had it on sale for $629 and $99 for the keyboard so I took my receipt in and they refunded me the difference but that is an even better price by far!

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Wow! That's great! I paid $685 and $129 for mine and before the 15 days were up, they had it on sale for $629 and $99 for the keyboard so I took my receipt in and they refunded me the difference but that is an even better price by far!

Yes this was a great deal which made get the Note PRO. Glad you at least got a discount on your purchase. I was in Best Buy yesterday and was talking to the Samsung rep. I noticed that the white Note PRO is unavailable to ship or buy. And of course the black Samsung keyboard is also not available. I asked the Samsung rep and he said that with the sale of the free keyboard they sold out on both. He also said that the Note PRO and the TabPRO is a really good seller. He said that they sell very well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Azeke

May 30, 2008
Yes sir, I had BB match the Costco price. Returned my 10.1 2014 Note, and got this baby. It takes a minute to get use to the larger size, but I am enjoying the additional real estate. Matched it with the Logitech keyboard also on sale at BB.

My wife asked me are you through now :), Yes Honey, I am...(for now at least)...

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

double07

May 14, 2008
Yes sir, I had BB match the Costco price. Returned my 10.1 2014 Note, and got this baby. It takes a minute to get use to the larger size, but I am enjoying the additional real estate. Matched it with the Logitech keyboard also on sale at BB.

My wife asked me are you through now :), Yes Honey, I am...(for now at least)...

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

First, you will never be through.... it's always upgrade... I just pre-ordered Tab S 10 myself.

You will appreciate the Note 12 screen size when you are trying to use it for work related contents. Remote desktop for example. it is nice to have that screen size. I actually get the entire of 2600x1440 or was it 1600 screen? Fonts are pretty small though.. working with doc, execl, power point is much better on this screen size.

golfinggino

Nov 23, 2011
burlington, on
i almost picked one of these up today for a very good price but did a quick check on here first and there are no custom roms available - I was quite surprised by this - I have the 2014 note 10.1 and the pro 8.4 and both have several good custom roms to choose from and both run much better then stock - do we think the custom roms will be coming for this tablet or are we basically stuck with the stock rom ?

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
First, you will never be through.... it's always upgrade... I just pre-ordered Tab S 10 myself.

You will appreciate the Note 12 screen size when you are trying to use it for work related contents. Remote desktop for example. it is nice to have that screen size. I actually get the entire of 2600x1440 or was it 1600 screen? Fonts are pretty small though.. working with doc, execl, power point is much better on this screen size.

Yeah you'll never be done. ? But this screen size has been very productive for me, especially using to remotely log in to work computers. Hancom Office is the closest I have used to Microsoft Office. Viewing PDF Files in portrait is great as well. Use stylus to mark up and email back.

Reactions: eKeith

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am still using the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition and also the Surface Pro 2. Still trying to fit in the Note PRO. Today used the Note PRO 12.2 to go over some PDF files at work around the conference table. Worked great just as if I had printed out the PDF files.

Yeah you'll never be done. ? But this screen size has been very productive for me, especially using to remotely log in to work computers. Hancom Office is the closest I have used to Microsoft Office. Viewing PDF Files in portrait is great as well. Use stylus to mark up and email back.