Using 128gb microSD in device(s)

Search This thread
Jul 27, 2014
I'm trying to find out, if its possible to use a 128gb microSD card in a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100) 16gb w/3G ??

I've found info that it will work in a Tab 3 7.0

ANY ONE that has similier questions regarding the use of the 128gb MicroSD card in other devices, feel free to ask them here in this thread.

Thank you, have a blessed day.
Ryan

Last edited:

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
I'm trying to find out, if its possible to use a 128gb microSD card in a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100) 16gb w/3G ??

ANY ONE that has similier questions regarding the use of the 128gb MicroSD card in other devices, feel free to ask them here in this thread.

Ryan

you can't use 128gb card in tab 2

Jul 27, 2014
you can't use 128gb card in tab 2

not sure I agree with that?

People used to say that about the 64gb, but is completely possible. Just had to use a computer to format it in Fat32, or possibly exFat. So, I'm trying to find answers to my question.

If you can explain reasons that make sense, would be a big help to know for sure. I am technically minded, so, I'm sure you will not be saying anything above my knowledge level of understanding.

I found 1 post that seemed to indicate that it is possible. Uncertain of weither or not it is true or not, reason I'm asking here.

promo87

Ryan

Well, I don't think that's going to work tab2 doesn't supports 128GB Micro SD card ! I would say i would work if you have put a 32Gb SD card over it but 128GB SD card now way it shouldn't work over the the tab2 or tab3 there is no any need on trying such things out. If you search for the specs then its clearly written over the specs that it's expandable upto 64GB not more than that !

Jul 27, 2014
possibility 128gb might work?

Well, I don't think that's going to work tab2 doesn't supports 128GB Micro SD card ! I would say i would work if you have put a 32Gb SD card over it but 128GB SD card now way it shouldn't work over the the tab2 or tab3 there is no any need on trying such things out. If you search for the specs then its clearly written over the specs that it's expandable upto 64GB not more than that !

Accually, original factory specs said 32gb, but, at the time TAB 2 was created there wasn't any such thing as a 64gb to test with the TAB 2 to be sure, and if there was, its likely not to support it, because they probably knew it wasn't going to work directly, instead of a workaround way.

Its been a while since the 64gb microSD been around, and well known among several website postings that its about 100 percent possibly to use them in a TAB 2 tablet.
I'm already found strong evidence of 128gb MicroSD to work in a TAB 3 7.0. I've come across one note that seem to say that it works in a TAB 2, but I have doubts of that statement. I've already came across website that was selling 128gb microSD for 70.00 bucks, and still available last time I checked. There is another website that has a compatability list of devices that the 128gb microSD will work in. ((In some, or most cases of those listed, its quite possible you may need to format it in a format that's normally not used in the larger size microSD card, using a computer to format it, in order for the microSD card to be recognize, such as the 64gb microSD card to work in the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100). ))

Ryan

PS - one more added note, I'm well aware of the spec limits of the TAB 2, which is 32gb, which is why I was asking if its "possible" in some sort of way to make it work, such as the case of using a 64gb microSD card. 128gb microSD cards has only been on the market recently.
Here is the weblink to the compatability list I was speaking of, which also list the TAB 3.

http://phandroid.com/2014/02/27/phones-that-work-with-sandisk-128gb-microsdxc-card/

Last edited:

promo87

Accually, original factory specs said 32gb, but, at the time TAB 2 was created there wasn't any such thing as a 64gb to test with the TAB 2 to be sure, and if there was, its likely not to support it, because they probably knew it wasn't going to work directly, instead of a workaround way.

Its been a while since the 64gb microSD been around, and well known among several website postings that its about 100 percent possibly to use them in a TAB 2 tablet.
I'm already found strong evidence of 128gb MicroSD to work in a TAB 3 7.0. I've come across one note that seem to say that it works in a TAB 2, but I have doubts of that statement. I've already came across website that was selling 128gb microSD for 70.00 bucks, and still available last time I checked. There is another website that has a compatability list of devices that the 128gb microSD will work in. ((In some, or most cases of those listed, its quite possible you may need to format it in a format that's normally not used in the larger size microSD card, using a computer to format it, in order for the microSD card to be recognize, such as the 64gb microSD card to work in the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100). ))

Ryan

PS - one more added note, I'm well aware of the spec limits of the TAB 2, which is 32gb, which is why I was asking if its "possible" in some sort of way to make it work, such as the case of using a 64gb microSD card. 128gb microSD cards has only been on the market recently.
Here is the weblink to the compatability list I was speaking of, which also list the TAB 3.

http://phandroid.com/2014/02/27/phones-that-work-with-sandisk-128gb-microsdxc-card/

Well, in that case I would say if you are well aware about the specs of the devices I wonder what makes you putting your question up above the the forum. And yes if you have seen the phandroid proof that 128GB SD card is supported over the Tab3 then I would say better for you to directly try it out rather than .... :p

Jul 27, 2014
Well, in that case I would say if you are well aware about the specs of the devices I wonder what makes you putting your question up above the the forum. And yes if you have seen the phandroid proof that 128GB SD card is supported over the Tab3 then I would say better for you to directly try it out rather than .... :p

Don't need smart remarks, unjustified. Simply trying to get a clear answer to my question. Nothing in your comment contributed to my question.

Have a blessed day.
Ryan

promo87

Don't need smart remarks, unjustified. Simply trying to get a clear answer to my question. Nothing in your comment contributed to my question.

Have a blessed day.
Ryan

Well, anyway accepted ! I would say the best answer of this question is given by you ! So, I think this thread should be marked as close by the OP.

Have a blessed day. :laugh:

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
Well, anyway accepted ! I would say the best answer of this question is given by you ! So, I think this thread should be marked as close by the OP.

Have a blessed day. :laugh:

You shouldn't assume what other people have or have not tried. Seems to me the OP asked a very specific question and since you do not seem to know the answer. It might be best if you let someone who does know, answer the question themselves.