AT&T Visual Voicemail APK

Search This thread

martinezma99

Nov 8, 2012
Charleston, SC
Can anyone provide the AT&T Visual Voicemail Apk?

I have the developer edition and it says device not compatible with my device at the Play Store. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

martinezma99

Nov 8, 2012
Charleston, SC
Ok. Thanks. Is this area for the international version? With a Dev edition, am I better off in the AT&T forums? (using US AT&T carrier)

Mycologist

Oct 21, 2010
All I could find on the subject

Recent HTC phones include a special version of AT&T Visual voicemail. As a result it's no long possible to download and install the standard vvm app from the play store. I've installed ARHD and would like to figure out how to get AT&T visual voicemail on this particular rom.

I've tried extracting the visual voicemail apk from my stock nandroid, but can't get it to work. I've installed it but the app doesn't appear with my other apps.

I can't post a link, but here's a copy paste of what I found on the at&t site regarding the m8 and visual voicemail.

Visual Voicemail for HTC Android smartphones

Starting in March 2014, all new 4G LTE HTC Android smartphone models will include a new, built-in Visual Voicemail application. The HTC One (M8) is the first Android smartphone to introduce the new HTC Visual Voicemail app.
Important Note

If you have an earlier model HTC Android smartphone and use the AT&T Visual Voicemail downloadable app for Android, your experience won't change. Follow the link above to view a list of supported smartphones.

Key features and benefits of the new HTC Visual Voicemail app for Android smartphones include:

New Message Counter displayed on the Visual Voicemail app icon, so you can quickly check if you have new messages from your smartphone app tray.
Text Transcription you can turn on and off from within the app, so you can read your voicemail messages discreetly on your smartphone.
Visual Voicemail icon button built into the app tray and dialer for quick access to your Visual Voicemail message inbox.

With Visual Voicemail on your HTC Android smartphone, you can:

View a list of your voicemail messages directly on your smartphone and play them in any order you choose, so you can get to your most important messages first.
Save messages to your smartphone's memory or memory card, so you can keep your important messages for as long as you want.
Reply to messages by returning the call or sending a text message.
Change your voicemail password and manage greetings directly on your smartphone.

Requirements to use Visual Voicemail

In order to use the Visual Voicemail app on your 4G LTE HTC Android smartphone:

Your smartphone data plan must include Visual Voicemail.
Your smartphone needs a cellular data connection. You can't set up or manage your Visual Voicemail over a Wi-Fi-only connection on your smartphone.

Reactions: martinezma99

shadowsports

Sep 1, 2014
NorCal
Compatible With ARHD 11.1?

Can this be flashed on top of ARHD 11.1? And will it add VVM to the phone section as well as an App? Has anyone done this?

jshamlet

Aug 25, 2014
Has anyone actually gotten this to connect with AT&T's voice mail system? I am running the DevEd ROM (pure stock outside of root) and while the app runs, and goes through the motions, it never gets the confirmation it needs to finalize setup.

I would love to get this back, as it's the only thing that I "miss" from the carrier firmware.

BR7fan

Jun 18, 2013
Sioux City, IA
Has anyone actually gotten this to connect with AT&T's voice mail system? I am running the DevEd ROM (pure stock outside of root) and while the app runs, and goes through the motions, it never gets the confirmation it needs to finalize setup.

I would love to get this back, as it's the only thing that I "miss" from the carrier firmware.
I havent had much luck with it on AOSP, or the dev, so I said the heck with it and started using google voice. It works just as good, if not better.

Reactions: shadowsports

Wotta

Dec 14, 2010
This version of Visual Voicemail (2.8.2.21) doesn't seem to integrate with "Messages" the way the ROM version did, with speech-to-text. Am I missing something?
Also, is there a version that will work even when connected also to Wi-Fi in addition to mobile data? My main problem is that when a message is left while I'm on WiFi, the stock VVM chews through the battery fast trying to download but failing.

cushcalc

Latest AT&T Visual Voicemail v2.10.1.27

There's a new apk that was released on 11/6/14. Does anyone have it to post up?

This version of Visual Voicemail (2.8.2.21) doesn't seem to integrate with "Messages" the way the ROM version did, with speech-to-text. Am I missing something?
Also, is there a version that will work even when connected also to Wi-Fi in addition to mobile data? My main problem is that when a message is left while I'm on WiFi, the stock VVM chews through the battery fast trying to download but failing.

Attached is the latest version, from November 6, 2014.

For devices that are compatible with AT&T Visual VoiceMail see http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414957&cv=820#fbid=APh8mY9oZLY

AT&T had discontinued the speech-to-text service. It used to be a premium add-on, a few bucks a month. I had it as a free trial which lasted much longer than 30 days, and it was interesting and amusing to have - but it was NOT very accurate. So I wasn't terribly bummed when it was discontinued. BUT, the new version has speech to text as a tick off box in settings. Tick that box, reboot, and it works again!

Definitely will only work when connected to cellular data. There will be a popup that says that, if you are on wifi only.

Last edited:
Reactions: iElvis and tatnai

tatnai

Jul 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, USA
Thanks all, works like a charm on my nexus 5.

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

I found that I had to have the voicemail pin active for it to work. I think the app waits for the pin to be entered before doing whatever handshake or does. Put your password security back on for voicemail, try again and see if it works.

jshamlet

Aug 25, 2014
Thanks all, works like a charm on my nexus 5.

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

I found that I had to have the voicemail pin active for it to work. I think the app waits for the pin to be entered before doing whatever handshake or does. Put your password security back on for voicemail, try again and see if it works.

I did that, repeatedly... I finally just gave up. The only one who leaves voice mail anymore is my mother and telemarketing scum. Everyone else sends texts. ;)

swich2mac

Oct 9, 2010
NashVegas!
AT&T released an updated .apk on 2/12/15 and it replaced 2.10.1.27. Not sure of the version number as It appears to be hidden on the play store. If anyone has the latest version or is running a compatible device, could you please use an .apk extractor and send it up? I would greatly appreciate it!

Ridiculous that AT&T keeps restricting this app to BYOD that weren't purchased through AT&T.

ytsejam1138

AT&T released an updated .apk on 2/12/15 and it replaced 2.10.1.27. Not sure of the version number as It appears to be hidden on the play store. If anyone has the latest version or is running a compatible device, could you please use an .apk extractor and send it up? I would greatly appreciate it!

Ridiculous that AT&T keeps restricting this app to BYOD that weren't purchased through AT&T.

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/app-att-visual-voicemail-version-t2872614

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone provide the AT&T Visual Voicemail Apk?

I have the developer edition and it says device not compatible with my device at the Play Store. Thanks.

Here you go :D http://goo.gl/hJbrGc
    Latest version as of 2014-07-24

Here is the latest version, 2.8.2.21
    Latest AT&T Visual Voicemail v2.10.1.27

There's a new apk that was released on 11/6/14. Does anyone have it to post up?

Attached is the latest version, from November 6, 2014.

For devices that are compatible with AT&T Visual VoiceMail see http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414957&cv=820#fbid=APh8mY9oZLY

AT&T had discontinued the speech-to-text service. It used to be a premium add-on, a few bucks a month. I had it as a free trial which lasted much longer than 30 days, and it was interesting and amusing to have - but it was NOT very accurate. So I wasn't terribly bummed when it was discontinued. BUT, the new version has speech to text as a tick off box in settings. Tick that box, reboot, and it works again!

Definitely will only work when connected to cellular data. There will be a popup that says that, if you are on wifi only.
    All I could find on the subject

Recent HTC phones include a special version of AT&T Visual voicemail. As a result it's no long possible to download and install the standard vvm app from the play store. I've installed ARHD and would like to figure out how to get AT&T visual voicemail on this particular rom.

I've tried extracting the visual voicemail apk from my stock nandroid, but can't get it to work. I've installed it but the app doesn't appear with my other apps.

I can't post a link, but here's a copy paste of what I found on the at&t site regarding the m8 and visual voicemail.

Visual Voicemail for HTC Android smartphones

Starting in March 2014, all new 4G LTE HTC Android smartphone models will include a new, built-in Visual Voicemail application. The HTC One (M8) is the first Android smartphone to introduce the new HTC Visual Voicemail app.
    Important Note

If you have an earlier model HTC Android smartphone and use the AT&T Visual Voicemail downloadable app for Android, your experience won't change. Follow the link above to view a list of supported smartphones.

Key features and benefits of the new HTC Visual Voicemail app for Android smartphones include:

New Message Counter displayed on the Visual Voicemail app icon, so you can quickly check if you have new messages from your smartphone app tray.
    Text Transcription you can turn on and off from within the app, so you can read your voicemail messages discreetly on your smartphone.
    Visual Voicemail icon button built into the app tray and dialer for quick access to your Visual Voicemail message inbox.

With Visual Voicemail on your HTC Android smartphone, you can:

View a list of your voicemail messages directly on your smartphone and play them in any order you choose, so you can get to your most important messages first.
    Save messages to your smartphone's memory or memory card, so you can keep your important messages for as long as you want.
    Reply to messages by returning the call or sending a text message.
    Change your voicemail password and manage greetings directly on your smartphone.

Requirements to use Visual Voicemail

In order to use the Visual Voicemail app on your 4G LTE HTC Android smartphone:

Your smartphone data plan must include Visual Voicemail.
    Your smartphone needs a cellular data connection. You can't set up or manage your Visual Voicemail over a Wi-Fi-only connection on your smartphone.

I havent had much luck with it on AOSP, or the dev, so I said the heck with it and started using google voice. It works just as good, if not better.