[APP] MotoG Boot Logo Creator + Flasher v1.0 [05.Feb.2014]

Search This thread

mmims24

Jun 25, 2014
Millbrook
Thanks for all the hard work you put into this app. Any chance it will be made compatible for Mac, or even an android app.

Sent from my falcon using XDA Free mobile app

[-Stash-]

Sep 4, 2007
No it isn't. It's a bin file which you will need to use the command line to install. If someone points me to a guide for making flashable zips, I'd be happy to make one!

shshk19

Dec 17, 2015
Pune
Thank You Very Much!!

Hi everyone, here's my last release : MotoG Logo Flasher.

A little app that will allow you to flash your own custom logo as the MotoG splashscreen.

Current functionality:
- Convert your custom picture to a raw picture.
- Compress this raw picture to a specific Motorola format (thanks to Carock for decyphering it).
- Then inject it into a working logo.bin for you to flash.
- It doesn't matter if your BootLoader is unlocked or not, you'll never see the warning logo (thanks to ffosilva's hack).

How to use:
- Download and extract the attached zip.
- Create a 720 x 1280 x 24b picture (i've tested it with bmp, but you can try with png or jpeg).
- Run my app [MGLF] and hit the [Create logo.bin] button.
- You'll see a preview of your picture and can then decide to flash it or not.
- If you choose to go on, you'll just have to wait a few seconds till the process ends. Et voila! You'll end up with a working logo.bin to flash.

- To test/flash it, just use the "flash logo.bat" file located in the app folder.
- The inbuilt exception catcher should handle all the bugs, don't hesitate to report them.
- If you ever want to flash the stock logo.bin: just copy the "original.logo.bin" from the [bin] folder and rename it as logo.bin.

Bugs:
None so far (you tell me).
Well at least, i know that some colors are not exactly the same but it's a bug in ImageMagic Convert.exe. Will look into it later if it really bothers some of you.

Download:
Just grab the attached zip file and hit the Thanks button.

MD5: ee5a93c6a9564913eaff62a00b79bf5c

Thanks to:
Carock, for decrypting the logo.bin compression algo.
fosilva, for his nowarning little hack.
Madshi, for his great madExcept lib.
And you for using it. Have a nice day and enjoy it.

Planned additions:
- Reboot/Flash from the app.
- Fix some bugs if ever found.

iygdok.jpg

206brjr.jpg

The logo flasher helped a lot. I can now create my custom boot logo. Your help is highly appreciated my friend. :good:
Also I was curious as to what format the output file is produced, what are its contents and what the tool does exactly? Thanks again in advance

Last edited:

scottzx10

Jan 28, 2011
This only partially works for me on Moto G4+ XT 1644. When I boot into TWRP the logo.bin I flashed shows up correctly, but when booting normally I just get a black screen with white "N/A" on it. Any advice?

TedGrassman

Oct 25, 2016
Lyon
Hi!
I can't get the software to work, whenever I try to open an image (png, bmp, etc...), it crashes... :(
Attached is the bug report. The error is some 'OLE error'.

Attachments

• bugreport.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 18

Juanse96

Jan 7, 2017
Hi, Im having a problem when running flash logo.bat, it says that my device is not conected, waiting for device, even though my phone is conected, how do I fix it? Thanks

mbalax

Apr 6, 2008
London
Great tool, works so well, thanks!

Pro tip: make a logo.bin pic which merges seamlessly with your bootanimation (you could use a still from the bootanimation) for the smoothest coolest boot.

Reactions: TedGrassman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, here's my last release : MotoG Logo Flasher.

A little app that will allow you to flash your own custom logo as the MotoG splashscreen.

Current functionality:
    - Convert your custom picture to a raw picture.
    - Compress this raw picture to a specific Motorola format (thanks to Carock for decyphering it).
    - Then inject it into a working logo.bin for you to flash.
    - It doesn't matter if your BootLoader is unlocked or not, you'll never see the warning logo (thanks to ffosilva's hack).

How to use:
    - Download and extract the attached zip.
    - Create a 720 x 1280 x 24b picture (i've tested it with bmp, but you can try with png or jpeg).
    - Run my app [MGLF] and hit the [Create logo.bin] button.
    - You'll see a preview of your picture and can then decide to flash it or not.
    - If you choose to go on, you'll just have to wait a few seconds till the process ends. Et voila! You'll end up with a working logo.bin to flash.

- To test/flash it, just use the "flash logo.bat" file located in the app folder.
    - The inbuilt exception catcher should handle all the bugs, don't hesitate to report them.
    - If you ever want to flash the stock logo.bin: just copy the "original.logo.bin" from the [bin] folder and rename it as logo.bin.

Bugs:
    None so far (you tell me).
    Well at least, i know that some colors are not exactly the same but it's a bug in ImageMagic Convert.exe. Will look into it later if it really bothers some of you.

Download:
    Just grab the attached zip file and hit the Thanks button.

MD5: ee5a93c6a9564913eaff62a00b79bf5c

Thanks to:
    Carock, for decrypting the logo.bin compression algo.
    fosilva, for his nowarning little hack.
    Madshi, for his great madExcept lib.
    And you for using it. Have a nice day and enjoy it.

Planned additions:
    - Reboot/Flash from the app.
    - Fix some bugs if ever found.

iygdok.jpg

206brjr.jpg
    It looks like the colour information is coded BGR instead of RGB or vice versa. The blue and red values are swapped over. Would it be an easy task to add this conversion into your utility and output the logo.bin in this format?

you're right, images are coded in BGR instead of RGB :good:
    this is my first custom boot logo, hope you like ...

logo_moto_v3_RVB.png

logo_moto_v3_BVR.png

flash into recovery,
    tested and worked fine with CWM ...

thanks to @Kameo
    Doge and Steve finally arrive on Moto G!
    For sure, the more the merrier :D
    I could then even compile them into a sorta database where people can select from.

Cool, good idea :thumbup: :)

Envoyé de mon Moto G en utilisant Tapatalk