Bricked my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Faux_ghost

Feb 16, 2010
I was flashing back to stock when something apparently went wrong, now I cant get anything to work for me. I have tried flashing files through Odin and it gets almost to the end and then fails. Need some help

seedeh

Jan 28, 2014
Austin, TX
If nothing anyone says works contact Samsung support and make up some lie and make it vague like "something happened." Most likely they will send you to Best Buy and I remember them saying that certain button combinations may even get out of brick. What screen does it take you to?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I was flashing back to stock when something apparently went wrong, now I cant get anything to work for me. I have tried flashing files through Odin and it gets almost to the end and then fails. Need some help

What firmware were you on? Flash that tar file in Odin

Sent from my Nexus 5

Faux_ghost

Feb 16, 2010
I have tried that, the first time I flashed back to stock it worked fine until I installed the AT&T firmware update. It was running slow after the install so I rebooted it and then thats when something went wonky. I can get it to the at&t logo and the it never wants to leave.

Faux_ghost

Feb 16, 2010
OK, KangaKat is a GE ROM, which means you didn't update past MDB or MDL

Get MDB from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2261573

Use ODIN to flash it, have the Samsung USB Drivers installed, and Kies uninstalled
Use a USB port on the back of the computer if it's a desktop, use an OEM cord, or one that you know works.

<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I have tried that, the first time I flashed back to stock it worked fine until I installed the AT&T firmware update. It was running slow after the install so I rebooted it and then thats when something went wonky. I can get it to the at&t logo and the it never wants to leave.

What firmware update did you install? Can you boot into recovery and do a factory reset

Sent from my Nexus 5

Faux_ghost

Feb 16, 2010
I can get into recovery but it fails to do a factory reset or anything else, its like the file system are not on the phone. It fails to read or write anything through recovery.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I can get into recovery but it fails to do a factory reset or anything else, its like the file system are not on the phone. It fails to read or write anything through recovery.

If you did a firmware update you may no longer be on mdb or mdl and those tar files will no longer work in Odin. So it's important to know what you meant by a firmware update.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Faux_ghost

Feb 16, 2010
OK, KangaKat is a GE ROM, which means you didn't update past MDB or MDL

Get MDB from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2261573

Use ODIN to flash it, have the Samsung USB Drivers installed, and Kies uninstalled
Use a USB port on the back of the computer if it's a desktop, use an OEM cord, or one that you know works.

If you did a firmware update you may no longer be on mdb or mdl and those tar files will no longer work in Odin. So it's important to know what you meant by a firmware update.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I just done the factory update by going under settings and software update

Faux_ghost

Feb 16, 2010
Do you know what firmware it updated it to. The latest is nb1

Sent from my Nexus 5

unfortunately I dont, I didnt figure going back to stock would be an issue so I didnt pay a lot of attention.

when going to recovery this is what it gives me
manual mode
appling multi-csc
applied the csc-code att
successfully applied multi csc
E: failed to mount /cache (invalid argument)
cant mount '/cache (invalid argument)
and more failed attements

Status
Not open for further replies.