[Q] Enabling USB Debugging when caught in boot loop?

Search This thread

Beccy1712

May 6, 2014
Evening all

Hope someone can help. I am a complete novice at anything technical regarding phones/tablets etc and this situation is driving me crazy.

My Nexus 7 (2012 model I believe) recently ran out of battery and after re-charging has been caught in what I believe to be a bootloop. I've tried to google for a straightforward answer that will solve my problem but nothing seems to work. I've done a factory re-set and unlocked the bootloader but do not have usb debugging enabled so appear to be stuck!

Is there anything I can do to solve this before the thing goes out the window?

Please please please help me!!!!

:D:crying:

exglynco

Nov 19, 2012
Bay Area
As long as you can get to your unlocked bootloader (Power up holding the power and volume down buttons), you can send Fastboot commands to your N7 and restore an operating ROM. Follow the instructions in the second thread in this forum.

Beccy1712

May 6, 2014
As long as you can get to your unlocked bootloader (Power up holding the power and volume down buttons), you can send Fastboot commands to your N7 and restore an operating ROM. Follow the instructions in the second thread in this forum.

my computer doesn't seem to recognise my device when i do adb devices on the command prompt - any clues please?
:(

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
my computer doesn't seem to recognise my device when i do adb devices on the command prompt - any clues please?
:(

Adb devices won't list anything in fastboot mode the command you need is fastboot devices this will confirm if you have a working fastboot connection.
Then you can proceed with flashing a factory image.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app