ALL LTE discussions here please

Search This thread

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
The General section is overflowing with LTE discussions. Every time a new tower comes up someone posts a thread about it. Please make all your announcements, comparisons and issues here.
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

baghera1979

Jan 7, 2011
Lansdale, PA (near philly)
Has anyone in or around lansdale gotten lte yet? Still waiting for the towers round here to light up. Only time got lte was when I was down in Philly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Loving LTE in the 916 area code, Sacramento, Carmichael, Roseville, Lincoln, Citrus Heights. I had it for about a week before AT&T announced its rollout. My sppeds aren't the fastest but its certainly better than H+!

via my ParanoidedAndroided GSIII

Reactions: mpazevedo

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
Just to be contraryian... I'm loving the not using my LTE in NYC, because datacaps suck. :)

hapticxchaos

Aug 10, 2012
ever since they flipped the switch on lte in michigan, me and my other line have been unable to send text messages...wtfffffff

whats even stranger is that i can send them when im on hspa+???????????

PhoenixIce22

Jan 12, 2012
Rogers I747M

Question to those with the Rogers I747M running stock.

When you get connected to LTE, does the on screen data indicator show 4G or LTE?

I unlocked my phone to get it onto the MTS LTE (Manitoba) network, but it's only showing up 4G and want to know if maybe Rogers modified the software to not display an LTE icon like the manual shows.

On a side note, the MTS LTE network SUCKS. So far I'm barely getting any good speeds and MTS claims everything is fine on the network side. I will continue to talk with them to hopefully get better speeds. If there's any MTS LTE members here, if you're getting good speeds, feel free to give me tips! :)

Cheers!

theraffman

Jul 22, 2011
I was in Modesto last week and had lte, I was like "how the hell does Modesto have lte and sac doesn't" lol. I guess this answers my question.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

ghudgins

Apr 14, 2010
the force switch from LTE -> 3G when a call comes in is causing problems

Anyone else see their phone take too long to switch from LTE to 3G when a call comes in? This results in the person calling getting rings and then voicemail, but no missed call on your device. It only happens when the LTE->3G switch takes a bit to get started...but I'm noticing it quite a bit.

I called AT&T and they just "reset" my account, but that had little effect. What gives??

(I'm in the Washington DC metropolitan area)

theraffman

Jul 22, 2011
Anyone else see their phone take too long to switch from LTE to 3G when a call comes in? This results in the person calling getting rings and then voicemail, but no missed call on your device. It only happens when the LTE->3G switch takes a bit to get started...but I'm noticing it quite a bit.

I called AT&T and they just "reset" my account, but that had little effect. What gives??

(I'm in the Washington DC metropolitan area)

I have not noticed this issue, is it apparent to you? Or have people told you they called but you didn't see a missed call?

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
I was in Modesto last week and had lte, I was like "how the hell does Modesto have lte and sac doesn't" lol. I guess this answers my question.
I feel you, I was asking myself the same thing when I realized Davis had it, Frisco, Woodland and some small cities in the bay, but the state capital didn't. So far, Davis' LTE is the fastest for me in the area.

Anyone else see their phone take too long to switch from LTE to 3G when a call comes in?
No sir

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
ever since they flipped the switch on lte in michigan, me and my other line have been unable to send text messages...wtfffffff

whats even stranger is that i can send them when im on hspa+???????????

They are still working on the tower. I know a co-worker with the exact same problem who talked with AT&T. I heard that it might be a week before the problem is fixed. I'm on the UCLH1 modem myself, and haven't had any issues so far with texts, while she's on the UCLG1, if that means anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

sulihpoeht

Sep 10, 2012
The General section is overflowing with LTE discussions. Every time a new tower comes up someone posts a thread about it. Please make all your announcements, comparisons and issues here.

When I first got my galaxy s3, telus said it would come with 4g lte. It worked well and on the top notification section, it specifically said, 4g lte. Now I'm trying out custom roms and such, and I downloaded CM10. However, on CM10, the icon no longer says 4g lte, but it says H+. When I revert back to my old rom, it doesn't say 4G (i ahven't seen it say LTE at the end yet though). Anyone can tell me why my data connection has been demoted, or if it has been demoted at all? Should I just give Telus a call and ask whats up with this?

And yes, LTE is available in my area, I'm in Vancouver.

thatbigmoose

Jan 11, 2012
Where is the LTE love for long island NY

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

THIS!!!@&#&@@@!!!!
Jesus we're 20 miles from Connecticut covered in LTE and depending on your location on the island like 20 miles from the city where they also have it. You'd think they'd want to cover an island 70% filled with middle class families who ALL have a smartphone with a data plan

ghudgins

Apr 14, 2010
I have not noticed this issue, is it apparent to you? Or have people told you they called but you didn't see a missed call?

Yeah it's pretty bad. 1 in 5 calls go to VM with no missed call. I periodically get voicemails throughout the day. I'm on a rooted phone, but I didn't think that had much to do with it since all operations are pretty normal. (i'm on JB AOKP, SGS3)

theraffman

Jul 22, 2011
Yeah it's pretty bad. 1 in 5 calls go to VM with no missed call. I periodically get voicemails throughout the day. I'm on a rooted phone, but I didn't think that had much to do with it since all operations are pretty normal. (i'm on JB AOKP, SGS3)

Did you have this problem while on ics, stock or otherwise?

Reactions: ghudgins

skapoor12

Dec 3, 2010
No LTE on Rogers SG3 after flashing AOKP sep 19 build b

Can someone please help me understand why I dont have LTE after flashing SG3 jelly bean AOKP rom
I am on a rogers device from toronto stalk phone had extremely fast LTE connection

Please help!!
I have set APN settings identical to a rogers smartphone, selected the LTE/CDMA option in *#*#INFO#*#*

please help!!

thanks!!

kschumake83

Jun 24, 2010
orefield PA
OnePlus 9
Can someone please help me understand why I dont have LTE after flashing SG3 jelly bean AOKP rom
I am on a rogers device from toronto stalk phone had extremely fast LTE connection

Please help!!
I have set APN settings identical to a rogers smartphone, selected the LTE/CDMA option in *#*#INFO#*#*

please help!!

thanks!!

Not trying to be an @$$ or anything but you do know that aosp roms like cm10 and aokp list lte as 4g and hspa+ as h+ it will never say 4g lte in the status bar unless you're on a touchwiz based rom right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=32

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28

ro.ril.hsupa.category=9

## Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## Wifi Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## LTE Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.lte=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## GPRS Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## UMTS Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Please help!!

please help!!

thanks!!

Not trying to be an @$$ or anything but you do know that aosp roms like cm10 and aokp list lte as 4g and hspa+ as h+ it will never say 4g lte in the status bar unless you're on a touchwiz based rom right?

When I first got my galaxy s3, telus said it would come with 4g lte. It worked well and on the top notification section, it specifically said, 4g lte. Now I'm trying out custom roms and such, and I downloaded CM10. However, on CM10, the icon no longer says 4g lte, but it says H+. When I revert back to my old rom, it doesn't say 4G (i ahven't seen it say LTE at the end yet though). Anyone can tell me why my data connection has been demoted, or if it has been demoted at all? Should I just give Telus a call and ask whats up with this?

And yes, LTE is available in my area, I'm in Vancouver.
    Loving LTE in the 916 area code, Sacramento, Carmichael, Roseville, Lincoln, Citrus Heights. I had it for about a week before AT&T announced its rollout. My sppeds aren't the fastest but its certainly better than H+!