[Q] Semi bricked

Search This thread

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
My one x is having major issues since i did the S-OFF. My battery percentage is stuck at 77% and will not change, if I try to use the phone (web browsing, looking at tapatalk) it gets real slow. I have tried going all the way back to stock AT&T rom, relocked bootloader and reinstalled everything to no avail. I am now on CM10.1. Please help me if you can.

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
My one x is having major issues since i did the S-OFF. My battery percentage is stuck at 77% and will not change, if I try to use the phone (web browsing, looking at tapatalk) it gets real slow. I have tried going all the way back to stock AT&T rom, relocked bootloader and reinstalled everything to no avail. I am now on CM10.1. Please help me if you can.

Sounds like the ruu is not compatible with the rom.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android4.1.1
ViperXL

a box of kittens

Jan 24, 2013
san fran california
Is it taking charge? Or does it still chill at 77? Maybe you could try going back to s on and see if the problem still persists...but I can't tell you how to turn the s on flag back on maybe grim knows or beaups.... Did you majorly undervolt? And you were on clean Rom jb right? I just can't think of why your phone is acting up and how it would be software

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
When you use an ruu to downgrade sometimes you can get the wrong radio version. Older or something to that effect.
Was just saying to try an update your radio version or check to make sure it is the latest one. Sorry.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Did you try Back up data, Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, and reset?

RUU wipes everything. It rewrites recover, radio, all firmware components, and I think hboot. What you describe would not be any more of a reset than RUU.

The fact that the problem persists after RUU is a bit surprising, and troubling.

If not for the fact that the problem arouse right after S-Off, I would say it sounds like a failing battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zarboz

a box of kittens

Jan 24, 2013
san fran california
So he will have to revert back to stock?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Hmm I feel your understanding of an ruu or maybe what did is a bit jarred

Ok so he s offed wasn't doing to well then he ran the ruu which wipes everything and brings your phone back to stock... Than he reunlocked and flashed another Rom and even onstock the problem was persistent

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
Hmm I feel your understanding of an ruu or maybe what did is a bit jarred

Ok so he s offed wasn't doing to well then he ran the ruu which wipes everything and brings your phone back to stock... Than he reunlocked and flashed another Rom and even onstock the problem was persistent

So he downgraded then upgraded. Is he running a custom rom on a lower hboot version? I think s-off you can upgrade and downgrade. S-on you can only go up. Is this correct?

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

So he downgraded then upgraded. Is he running a custom rom on a lower hboot version? I think s-off you can upgrade and downgrade. S-on you can only go up. Is this correct?

I apologize for any random comments made. I have reset my passwords to stop who ever it is that has been using my account for the past few days.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
RUU wipes everything. It rewrites recover, radio, all firmware components, and I think hboot. What you describe would not be any more of a reset than RUU.

The fact that the problem persists after RUU is a bit surprising, and troubling.

If not for the fact that the problem arouse right after S-Off, I would say it sounds like a failing battery.

A failing battery would cause slow response on the device also?
Yes I wiped everything when I RUU'd.

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
All the problems started after you did a RUU restore?
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

I did the S-OFF then I installed the elemental kernel on cleanrom 3.17. Thats when I started to notice the phone was sluggish and the battery percentage was not moving from 77%. So I came home and restored my phone back to stock and still had the same issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you try Back up data, Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, and reset?

I believe I found a fix...

So I tried everything to find a fix for this. I had the same exact situation as OP. My phone was very sluggish and battery would stay constant at 77%. I also had a QHSUSB_DLOAD a few months ago.

I flashed 1.85 and 2.20 RUU's, different roms, and kernels. I even factory reset in bootloader, which wipe my entire SD Card. I relocked and unlocked bootloader. The final time combo I tried hard bricked. So I was again lucky that I was able to recover using it with the unbricking_evita method but I never completed the final step because it went into the black HTC screen. When I went into bootloader, I was back to S-ON. I then went into recovery and saw my percentage had change. So at this point I really believed that S-OFF did somehow did this. (I know that I am going to get flamed for this but this is my opinion. I know how much work was put into S-OFF and am grateful that is has been accomplished. I know the devs worked very hard achieve this.)

I wanted to test out if anything else could have affected this. I S-OFF'd after flashing Viper and ElementalX and the battery went back up to 77%. I reverted back to S-ON using "fastboot oem writesecureflag3" and the battery went to the correct percentage.

I might have thought that not completing the final step in the unbricking_evita process could have done this. I dd the partition backup (bakp4) using "dd if=/sdcard/bakp4 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4" and performed S-OFF again and same results. I reverted back to S-On and all is well.

I replicated the issue 3 different times trying to see if S-OFF wasn't the issue and each time S-ON fixed the problem. Again, I praise the devs for accomplishing this and mean no disrespect in any way.:good:
    I got the issue fixed by sending that phone into mobiletechvideos and they reflashed my HBOOT and S-OFF'ed the phone and all is well now. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help.