[REF] Gear manager downloads, current version: 1.7.031004 | 2014-03-16

Search This thread

c-mack

Feb 20, 2011
Just updated to the 1.5.123002 and now I don't have settings option on the gear. I have mk7 fw and running null 17. Any ideas? Thanks....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

nsa_sailor

Oct 23, 2009
Wichita, KS
USB Debugging check box missing on Gear

I have version 1.6.111801 on my Verizon Note II. Running Sophisticated ROM on my Note II. The developer didn't originally include the Gear Manager, but added it on my request. But now, when I go into Gear Settings > Gear Info, I don't have the "Allow USB Debugging" that I had when I first installed the Gear when I had installed the beanstown stock 4.3 ROM. (The OTA 4.3 update wouldn't update on my phone, so I had to go the custom ROM path to get 4.3 and have the Gear working with my phone.)

So does anyone have an idea on how to get USB Debugging working on the Gear again?
Thanks.

Brendo

I have version 1.6.111801 on my Verizon Note II. Running Sophisticated ROM on my Note II. The developer didn't originally include the Gear Manager, but added it on my request. But now, when I go into Gear Settings > Gear Info, I don't have the "Allow USB Debugging" that I had when I first installed the Gear when I had installed the beanstown stock 4.3 ROM. (The OTA 4.3 update wouldn't update on my phone, so I had to go the custom ROM path to get 4.3 and have the Gear working with my phone.)

So does anyone have an idea on how to get USB Debugging working on the Gear again?
Thanks.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48323966&postcount=4

foneal3

Mar 16, 2011
I'm new here and I would appreciate the help, here is the short version:

• My Gear is running NULL_18.
  • I'm running Gear Manager 1.6.111801 on a Google Nexus 7 (2013) with KitKat 4.4.2.
  • I preinstalled all the Gear Manager APKs and the Stub.
  • I pair the Gear via Bluetooth, then I try to run Gear manager and connect manually. I get the error "Failed to connect your mobile device to your Gear. Make sure that the correct charging dock is being used."

Any suggestions to load Gear Manager? Thanks for your help.

Try installing each APK File (in the GM 1.6) separately and then install GM 1.6. I did that and it worked. I also had to manually pair them.

barco1ml

Jan 17, 2014
Did my software go backwards?

Hi. I'm new and am trying to learn.

I recently rooted and modded my gear. I put null_19 on it. At the time I had software version MK7. A couple of days later I noticed that the software version is now ML1.

Was there an update? How can I tell if my gear has the latest software and my gear manager is up to date? The reason I ask is because when I try to get gear manager to check for updates it says "You Gear has been modified. Software updates are not available."

Brendo

Hi. I'm new and am trying to learn.

I recently rooted and modded my gear. I put null_19 on it. At the time I had software version MK7. A couple of days later I noticed that the software version is now ML1.

Was there an update? How can I tell if my gear has the latest software and my gear manager is up to date? The reason I ask is because when I try to get gear manager to check for updates it says "You Gear has been modified. Software updates are not available."
best way to learn is to read (and try yourself)
null_19 is ml1
ml1 is latest (check firmware thread/s)
gear manager 1.6 is latest (check gm thread/s)
you have custom rom, so ofcourse there is no official update available
note: both ml1 and 1.6 are leaks and officially mk7 and 1.5 are latest releases

craum

Jan 31, 2014
Pasadena
Some more info for the thread

I was running 1.6.111801. I wanted to try reinstalling, so I did a clear data/cache, force stop, and finally uninstall updates.

Once I finished everything was reset (all data and s/w on watch deleted), and I am now running 1.5.123002 and MK7.

So I was running the 801 release until today but didn't do anything special, just took the automatic updates. When I did the update today it was 002 that installed.

Sepharite

Oct 12, 2011
I have an S3 with TW 4.3 but I don't see an option for Smart Relay. Is that only for S4 and Note3?

adoublearonn

Aug 26, 2007
Detroit, MI
1.6.131003 just gives me "Gear Manager has stopped" when i try to open it. Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? I tried wiping all gear related apps and just installed the stub and still no luck :(

Edit: VZW Note 3 running Hyperdrive 6
Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

shamrock505

Nov 30, 2013
Official GM 1.6 just came out-before I update would like to know what does it bring to the table over last GM-thanks

T-Anthony78

Jan 27, 2014
I've noticed a couple of new apps in the Samsung App store, but besides that- what are the main functions of the update?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

haulman412

Jan 10, 2014
Help

I keep asking and keep getting the same answer, look in the threads, well I can not figure it out. I went back to sctock after null 19, and bought a new gear. Have not flashed anything over until last night. I have had the new gear for a few weeks/a month.

So I flashed na6, after getting the new Gear Manager update a few days ago, and when I go to "My Apps" in GM they disappear! I did Wondersare and ADB. They go on there and download, then when I go into "My Apps" in GM they are removed from my gear. They still show up on Wondershare and ADB.

I have tried everything downgrading GM then flash na3 and then go back to mk7(they work with mk7)
Then I tried na6 with a lower GM and nothing. Every combo I try and nothing seems to work at all!

So now I back on mk7 with my latest GM and it works, however I want to use the new firmware's!

Ps: If someone could take a few minutes to help me out ive been researching it over and over, and flashing over and over....
Also if someone has the link/file for ml1 (I know ive had na3 working with last gear!) but I know that ml1 will work with the new GM but I can not find it anywhere...

Brendo

I keep asking and keep getting the same answer, look in the threads, well I can not figure it out. I went back to sctock after null 19, and bought a new gear. Have not flashed anything over until last night. I have had the new gear for a few weeks/a month.

So I flashed na6, after getting the new Gear Manager update a few days ago, and when I go to "My Apps" in GM they disappear! I did Wondersare and ADB. They go on there and download, then when I go into "My Apps" in GM they are removed from my gear. They still show up on Wondershare and ADB.

I have tried everything downgrading GM then flash na3 and then go back to mk7(they work with mk7)
Then I tried na6 with a lower GM and nothing. Every combo I try and nothing seems to work at all!

So now I back on mk7 with my latest GM and it works, however I want to use the new firmware's!

Ps: If someone could take a few minutes to help me out ive been researching it over and over, and flashing over and over....
Also if someone has the link/file for ml1 (I know ive had na3 working with last gear!) but I know that ml1 will work with the new GM but I can not find it anywhere...

Either use another gm that is not the latest, or use a custom launcher (and upgrade to null22 while you're at it)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tharindunw

Jun 18, 2013
Galle
How to pair with galaxy nexus

please help me to pair with galaxy nexus :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read first:
    I have moved on to the HTC One M8, I don't own a galaxy phone anymore, and have sold my gear. I won't be keeping this thread updated anymore, but please refer to Brendo's thread (link below) which he appears to be maintaining. Cheers. ps, i really miss the gear, but am just sick of samsung phones for the moment. can't wait for the moto 360!

Brendo's gear manager thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2573200

Hi All,

Here's some versions of the Gear manager APK I have managed to collect. Hopefully the historical versions might be useful to some, and the current version useful to people wanting to run Gear manager on a non Samsung/Touchwiz phone/ROM.

Latest version, 16th March 2014
    1.7.031004 - poor watch battery life? I would stick with 1.6.132701 right now.

Historical versions
    1.5.121601 - this version was a bit buggy

If you have other versions feel free to send me a link and I'll host.

For those running non-TouchWiz phones, you might be able to get the Samsung Apps app working by having a look HERE.

HTH.

Changelog
    As usual with Samsung, we don't often get real changelogs, but occasionally people work it out or Samsung's PR team let it slip.

• Watch manager that comes with the Galaxy S5

• Unsure, but I have gotten pretty bad watch battery life with this version. I went back to 1.6.132702 and battery mostly went back to normal.

?? initially I thought this would be for 1.6.111801, but I installed it and it doesn't feature these updates. So possibly this is a future changelog of an unreleased version
    • Improved pedometer accuracy
    • Add setting menu “Motions”
    • Change motion menu for wake up gesture
    • When connecting to device again (example: after powering on), send notification of all unread messages
    • Changed to send notification only for new message
    • Fix to add popup message for BT connection without GM in setup wizard
    • Implemented standalone alarm
    • Add additional PIN lock
    • Changed and improved notifications menu
    • Implemented more notifications
    • Gear shows the messages of the notification of quick panel displayed on the phone

• First official 1.6.x release.

• Optimised for KitKat phone ROMs

• Fixed GMail notification repeats
    • Applies new functionality when used with ML1 firmware (eg native alarm)
    cool, you need to advertise that better, maybe put some search terms or something? Make it obvious that older versions are there too.. i searched a lot when i first got my gear (for Christmas), and i didn't come across your thread :(

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.
    Can you axtract it and post it here? With apk extractor...
    Would be very gratefull...

OP updated with the pulled APK

also let me know im not crazy and have this higher version for some reason ;)
    1.6.131003 posted in the OP.