[Q] MMS as a slideshow?

Search This thread

Zapatos

Sep 23, 2010
Does anyone know how to get the stock messaging app to stop displaying MMS's as slideshows?

I want to use the stock app, but that "feature" is pretty annoying. I've searched the forums and Google and it looks like this happens mainly when a pic is sent with txt. It's been suggested in other forums that updating the system/csc/feature.xml file, adding the line
"<CscFeature_Message_EnableMmsOnePageViewer>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMmsOnePageViewer>"
fixes it....but I can't find that file, or even the csc folder. Of course, that was suggested for another device (Galaxy3, I think).

Thanks!

mojoffdawal

Jul 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I've only ever received these from known iPhone users, might be a setting on their end and not on yours OP.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

OnedeeTentee

Feb 17, 2014
ATL
feature.xml

Does anyone know how to get the stock messaging app to stop displaying MMS's as slideshows?
I want to use the stock app, but that "feature" is pretty annoying. I've searched the forums and Google and it looks like this happens mainly when a pic is sent with txt. It's been suggested in other forums that updating the system/csc/feature.xml file, adding the line
"<CscFeature_Message_EnableMmsOnePageViewer>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMmsOnePageViewer>"
fixes it....but I can't find that file, or even the csc folder. Of course, that was suggested for another device (Galaxy3, I think).

I'm looking into this too. I found a few threads that state to create the csc folder and the feature.xml file. However I don't know the XML tag name for Motorola. For example, the feature.xml file I found for Samsung has these open/close tags:

Code:
<?xml  version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
[B][SIZE="4"]<SamsungMobileFeature>[/SIZE][/B]
 <FeatureSet>
  <CscFeature_Message_EnableMmsOnePageViewer>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMmsOnePageViewer>
 </FeatureSet>
[B][SIZE="4"]</SamsungMobileFeature>[/SIZE][/B]

My thinking is that without the proper Motorola - equivalent tag, the phone won't pick up the settings. If someone can extract a feature.xml from another Moto phone that would be helpful, I think.