[Q] Squeaky Back?

Search This thread

quicksnap

May 2, 2014
I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S5, and the back has been very squeaky. It seems that, if you are looking at its back, the left-center edge, right below the power button, doesn't completely seal.

A few days after I got the device, I noticed the squeaking. It's pretty annoying; whenever you grip the phone, it has the plastic-on-plastic sound annoying squeak. I went into T-Mobile and they swapped out the back panel, which seemed to solve the problem. However, I noticed the left-center edge still didn't quite seal properly. A few days later, it started to become squeaky again.

I was about to have the phone completely swapped out--T-Mobile took a new phone out of the box, but I noticed it had the same flaw on the left-center side. I opted not to swap it, since I figured the same damn thing would happen again.

Does anyone else have an issue like this? I'm worried it's not waterproof, and it feels really flimsy for a $650 phone.

Thanks!

mikeymasonic

Aug 6, 2010
Portland, OR
I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S5, and the back has been very squeaky. It seems that, if you are looking at its back, the left-center edge, right below the power button, doesn't completely seal.

A few days after I got the device, I noticed the squeaking. It's pretty annoying; whenever you grip the phone, it has the plastic-on-plastic sound annoying squeak. I went into T-Mobile and they swapped out the back panel, which seemed to solve the problem. However, I noticed the left-center edge still didn't quite seal properly. A few days later, it started to become squeaky again.

I was about to have the phone completely swapped out--T-Mobile took a new phone out of the box, but I noticed it had the same flaw on the left-center side. I opted not to swap it, since I figured the same damn thing would happen again.

Does anyone else have an issue like this? I'm worried it's not waterproof, and it feels really flimsy for a $650 phone.

Thanks!

I think it might just be all in your head man. :cyclops:

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Same things happened to me bro, swapped it twices, and still same noisey back, so i rooted the phone, installed xposed installer, downloaded the module "Squeak fix [KK]", rebooted, (don't hot boot because sound will still persist) and i know your not gonna believe this, but when i entered my pin, got into the home screen... Squeak was gone. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikeymasonic

AnthonyTrinh

Oct 28, 2014
Same thing

Finally found someone with the same problem as me but on the sound button. The middle of left side under the sound button has a gap and the phone is really squeaky. Can anyone give me a fix I don't want to root my phone?

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Finally found someone with the same problem as me but on the sound button. The middle of left side under the sound button has a gap and the phone is really squeaky. Can anyone give me a fix I don't want to root my phone?
Lollipop is supposed to eliminate this issue, along with the camera battery drain, I can't wait for lollipop!!!! This dumb squeak is bothering me, I can't text at night because my mom wakes up due to squeakiness...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same things happened to me bro, swapped it twices, and still same noisey back, so i rooted the phone, installed xposed installer, downloaded the module "Squeak fix [KK]", rebooted, (don't hot boot because sound will still persist) and i know your not gonna believe this, but when i entered my pin, got into the home screen... Squeak was gone. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk