Beware! screen is not scratch resistant at all.

Search This thread

don2012

Feb 14, 2012
newark
Hi everyone bought my Samsung galaxy s5 2 days ago.... By this time screen protectors had not arrived where Iive so I started using the phone without one which I never do... Thought protectors would arrive in a day or two....yesterday my phone was in my pocket with my headphones and not so sharp keys... You Can see what happened to my phones screen in the pictures :( ruined..... 1399398890305.jpg1399398907756.jpg1399398960902.jpg

So yeah becareful :#
NOTE: All the scratches are on the screen under the protector ...applied the protector after this disaster thinking it would hide the scratches which it didn't. ..:(:(
Sent from my C6833 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1399398946940.jpg
    1399398946940.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,631
Last edited:

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Hi everyone bought my Samsung galaxy s5 2 days ago.... By this time screen protectors had not arrived where Iive so I started using the phone without one which I never do... Thought protectors would arrive in a day or two....yesterday my phone was in my pocket with my headphones and not so sharp keys... You Can see what happened to my phones screen in the pictures :( ruined..... View attachment 2729273View attachment 2729274View attachment 2729278

So yeah becareful :#
NOTE: All the scratches are on the screen under the protector ...applied the protector after this disaster thinking it would hide the scratches which it didn't. ..:(:(

the screens on the S5 are corning Gorilla Glass with an oleophobic coating that helps to prevent fingerprints, Gorilla Glass is resistant to scratches, that being said it does not meen impervious to scratches. one of the other drawbacks to gorilla glass is that if it breaks (again its harder to break than normal) it will shatter in to extremely sharp jagged pieces.

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Never put an unprotected phone in a pocket with keys or anything else. I see it all of the time, people complaining about the screen or case being scratched and then they admit to putting the phone in with keys. Even with a screen protector or case, keys will scratch the phone or case. It's just best to never do it.

Player04

Apr 9, 2014
Get a glass screen protector

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

May 1, 2014
Yeah all alone in a pocket. I've been careful and I already got scratches on my screen protector and at least its not the phone itself. Still waiting for the lifeproof cases.

don2012

Feb 14, 2012
newark
Never put an unprotected phone in a pocket with keys or anything else. I see it all of the time, people complaining about the screen or case being scratched and then they admit to putting the phone in with keys. Even with a screen protector or case, keys will scratch the phone or case. It's just best to never do it.

Yeah I always put protector on every single of the phones in my signature. ...does a glass protector help? It's available here now (-.-) for 7 $ USD..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I never use screen protectors on any of my phones. Never had a scratch. It is just common sense. Having a phone in a pocket with any other object will get it scratched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeKtRiCzzz

Jan 8, 2011
I've had a few times where I unknowingly put my phone in the same pocket as my keys and even with the minutes if not seconds of being in there it had scratches on the protector. In a battle of Key versus phone screen keys always win man

don2012

Feb 14, 2012
newark
I've had a few times where I unknowingly put my phone in the same pocket as my keys and even with the minutes if not seconds of being in there it had scratches on the protector. In a battle of Key versus phone screen keys always win man

......:/

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
......:/

I carry my phone in pocket with car keys and did not get scratch at all.
I don't want to be picky but this looks like this scratches are on screen protector not on glass, Remove screen protector and then take pictures. I maybe wrong but just saying.

Last edited:

Mustang915

Oct 30, 2010
I carry my phone in pocket with car keys and did not get scratch at all.
I don't want to be picky but this looks like this scratches are on screen protector not on glass, Remove screen protector and then take pictures. I maybe wrong but just saying.

Yeah you can see right away that it is a screen protector. I've been using in my construction project banging it and no scratches in the screen I'm surprised lol only scratches I have is in the back.

LeKtRiCzzz

Jan 8, 2011
This is weird it for sure looks like you scratched the screen protector not the screen. Also what makes you think a clear screen protector would cover scratches

don2012

Feb 14, 2012
newark
This is weird it for sure looks like you scratched the screen protector not the screen. Also what makes you think a clear screen protector would cover scratches

Matt protectors are not available here

Fede37

Sep 17, 2013
You NEVER put your phone in the same pocket as your keys or headphones, or anything else. Rookie mistake

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

don2012

Feb 14, 2012
newark
You NEVER put your phone in the same pocket as your keys or headphones, or anything else. Rookie mistake

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

Not a rookie. .......just thought ...it's really expensive phone and so atleast it must be at least scratch resistant. ..anyways what's done is done :/ ....
Should I get a Matt protector(3$) or a glass protector(7$)(can't be this cheap it's probably a fake). .when ever it's available here

newbie2006

May 13, 2009
Virginia
Not a rookie. .......just thought ...it's really expensive phone and so atleast it must be at least scratch resistant. ..anyways what's done is done :/ ....
Should I get a Matt protector(3$) or a glass protector(7$)(can't be this cheap it's probably a fake). .when ever it's available here

based on your experience - i got this - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00INDU3IU/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will let you know how it works out - takes 3-5 hours to set in while phone is off.

don2012

Feb 14, 2012
newark
I've had many a screen protector and this one by far is the all around best ever. Aerb Premium Samsung Galaxy S5 Ballistic Nano Tempered Glass Screen Protector - 9H Hardness Scratch Free Ultra Slim Guard by BASEUS http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IZGOKOS/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_dNaBtb020SCJE

Wow...

based on your experience - i got this - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00INDU3IU/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will let you know how it works out - takes 3-5 hours to set in while phone is off.
Alright will be waiting... Btw based on my experience? Lol

Reactions: newbie2006

Top Liked Posts