[Q] GPS not working (icon doesn't even show up) and headphone jack not working

Search This thread

thewonkits

Aug 5, 2014
So I flashed to Carbon a while ago, everything was working perfectly, but I decided I wanted to flash back, so I used TWRP to restore my phone to its previous state. Now even with GPS on, and an application like Maps trying to use it to get a location, the GPS icon doesn't show up in the notification bar and nothing is able to get location. Furthermore, if I attempt to use headphones with my S3, I'll get a series of popping, glitchy noises, followed by audio only working out of one side. I thought this might be due to a bad solder connection in the jack itself, so I replaced the entire audio jack assembly, but the problem persists, telling me it isn't a hardware problem (with the audio jack, anyhow). Does anyone have an idea on how I could go about fixing this, or at least finding out what the issue is? I flashed back to a completely stock ROM (though I'm not sure I formatted everything entirely, I'm a little bit new to this) and I still have those two problems. Everything else works perfectly on it. I've taken good care of it, never really dropped it, nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I should also note that I'm not 100% sure it stopped working after I flashed for the first time. It might have been having this problem before I ever flashed it.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Follow the guide in sticky thread, general forum on how to return to factory state. If still the same then you've damaged the motherboard.